Same Boring Frank Lampard Thread 2.0

AKA The real reason Frank was in NYC this weekend. Also that means Lamps will be paying more per month for his apartment than some of his teammates will be making per year.
2iixsgp.png

Please make no mistake THIS team is my first priority. I can't deny I like Manchester City. I've got two Manchester music legends in my avatar. When I was a teen and first getting into football and before the net was readily available I bought a City kit not even knowing what club it was just liking the color. Then I found it was Oasis' team (the fact that I actually prefer Blur besides ) I adopted City as my team. I have been to Manchester to see them play and I did get chills when Blue Moon was sang but make no mistake I am American not English any predilection toward their music and culture aside. I will always put my national team and my local club side first. I've made the journey down 2 hours from Connecticut for both games so far including to sit in the freeze last night and spent far too much money at the club shop etc. I'm all in here. I don't think my thoughts on Lampard are affected by the fact that Manchester City are the other team involved .

I do think Frank has acted in his own self interest and it's fair to criticize him for it. He is no way shape or form my favorite player. I have the Villa tshirt and Mix on the back of my kit and do not intend to buy any Lampard merchandise which is a way of not totally supporting him I'm behind. I do think that in spite of himself it might end up to our advantage that he (at his age) should be rested in top condition for the stretch run to qualify for the play offs and the play offs themselves. Again I'm not endorsing him as a man but as a player. If he also fails as a player than sure go ahead boo him like crazy but for me he if he's scoring goals, freeing up space for Mix and Villa and making us win more games and play more attractive football I will cheer. I will Cheer if he does that because the accomplishments on the field matter more to me. The Blue shirt matters more to me than who's in it for the most part. I will cheer for the shirt not the man.

Please make no mistake THIS team is my first priority. I can't deny I like Manchester City. I've got two Manchester music legends in my avatar. When I was a teen and first getting into football and before the net was readily available I bought a City kit not even knowing what club it was just liking the color. Then I found it was Oasis' team (the fact that I actually prefer Blur besides ) I adopted City as my team. I have been to Manchester to see them play and I did get chills when Blue Moon was sang but make no mistake I am American not English any predilection toward their music and culture aside. I will always put my national team and my local club side first. I've made the journey down 2 hours from Connecticut for both games so far including to sit in the freeze last night and spent far too much money at the club shop etc. I'm all in here. I don't think my thoughts on Lampard are affected by the fact that Manchester City are the other team involved .

I do think Frank has acted in his own self interest and it's fair to criticize him for it. He is no way shape or form my favorite player. I have the Villa tshirt and Mix on the back of my kit and do not intend to buy any Lampard merchandise which is a way of not totally supporting him I'm behind. I do think that in spite of himself it might end up to our advantage that he (at his age) should be rested in top condition for the stretch run to qualify for the play offs and the play offs themselves. Again I'm not endorsing him as a man but as a player. If he also fails as a player than sure go ahead boo him like crazy but for me he if he's scoring goals, freeing up space for Mix and Villa and making us win more games and play more attractive football I will cheer. I will Cheer if he does that because the accomplishments on the field matter more to me. The Blue shirt matters more to me than who's in it for the most part. I will cheer for the shirt not the man.
Agree with everything except not booing him. I hope he goes home at night and asks his plastic looking girlfriend why no one here likes him. And I hope she tells him it's because he's a selfish prick, and go sleep on the couch until you have the fucking balls to take an actual stand with a club or a decision and take responsibility for consequences like the real fucking men in this world.

Dumb fuck is always looking for a scapegoat. Fuck him. At this point, I'd feel the same way if I were a MC Fan. He's a twat. A full-fledged, hemorrhaging twat, incapable of behaving in a manner guided by even the most base of humanistic moral compasses. He deserves all ill will directed to him, from NYC, MC, Chelsea and West Ham and the whole of that tea-drinking country the size of Long Island. Fuck him.

Help us win, you hired gun, asshole of humanity of a man. But don't ever ask me to love your sorry ass. I'd rather see him fucked sideways all the way back to his uncle before I cheer HIM.

But hey, that's just me. And hey, that's just fucking Frank lampard, selfish prick. He hasn't changed. He is who he's always been. Just taking some folks a while to pick up on it.

Agree with everything except not booing him. I hope he goes home at night and asks his plastic looking girlfriend why no one here likes him. And I hope she tells him it's because he's a selfish prick, and go sleep on the couch until you have the fucking balls to take an actual stand with a club or a decision and take responsibility for consequences like the real fucking men in this world.

Dumb fuck is always looking for a scapegoat. Fuck him. At this point, I'd feel the same way if I were a MC Fan. He's a twat. A full-fledged, hemorrhaging twat, incapable of behaving in a manner guided by even the most base of humanistic moral compasses. He deserves all ill will directed to him, from NYC, MC, Chelsea and West Ham and the whole of that tea-drinking country the size of Long Island. Fuck him.

Help us win, you hired gun, asshole of humanity of a man. But don't ever ask me to love your sorry ass. I'd rather see him fucked sideways all the way back to his uncle before I cheer HIM.

But hey, that's just me. And hey, that's just fucking Frank lampard, selfish prick. He hasn't changed. He is who he's always been. Just taking some folks a while to pick up on it.
But how do you really feel??????:rolleyes:

You can support the team hating one player though.

Really? Even when that player is integral to the team's success?

Are you going to boo when he scores a goal? Makes a key assist? Are you going to wish him away even if it becomes clear how much we need him to succeed? Will you continue to spew vitriol in his direction even if it's obvious that it is hurting the team and its fanbase?

See I have trouble really being mad at him because I honestly believe that the vast majority of professional athletes operate almost entirely out of self interest. They care about getting paid and a lot have competitive streaks so they do try hard and care about winning once their out there playing (not to mention playing good can mean more money) but the idea that most of them care if their out their in a New York shirt, or a Chicago shirt or Manchester or Paris etc. in the same way us supporters care about our specific clubs, cities, etc. is pretty much fantasy land IMO.

I agree, I think most people act in their own self interest. How many on here use the tax breaks for giving to charity? Is it really giving if you claim some of it back? Why you think the super rich give to charity and create them? Take the Gates foundation. It gives out peanuts if you consider Gates's overall wealth. I could run my research group for a year and a half on 2 weeks salary of the top players. FL saw an opportunity to continue to playing at a higher level. So he stayed. The main issue was the fubar that happen not what the outcome was. If someone offered to double your wages, you're not going to say sorry my boss is going through a tough spot can I come in 6 months. So let stop being hypocrites. I know some earlier would like to live in a dreamworld where our management were some how duped in to the whole FL affair. Come on everyone knew. They played hard and fast with the facts but everyone really knew. The EPL knew the MLS knew the only people who didn't know was us. I see no point in having a go a FL for doing what 95% of people would do. Taking care of number one/family. If FL was doing ok in Manchester he was always going to stay. It would be like asking a guy (or woman) in Texas to give up his (her) guns. It's not going to happen. Look at Stirling now at Liverpool he's been offered 180,000 GBP a week, and is stalling on a new contract. He's hoping for another team to offer him more money.

Personally my opinion is this is not even about FL but more of a smokescreen for some and we all know who these are to have a dig at the wider CFG. I see no point in it, if the CFG management haven't understood they messed up by now there's no hope for them. I don't think FL would have made that much difference we were just missing too many players. Player come and go but the team goes on. As owners go CFG aren't that bad. Would you trade them for the Glazers? As I have said this year if we make the playoffs we have done well. This year is about not get embarrassed building a foundation to kick on from. One man doesn't make a team. Even if that player is Messi or Ronaldo. Who won the world cup, yep Germany because they played as a team.

I agree, I think most people act in their own self interest. How many on here use the tax breaks for giving to charity? Is it really giving if you claim some of it back? Why you think the super rich give to charity and create them? Take the Gates foundation. It gives out peanuts if you consider Gates's overall wealth. I could run my research group for a year and a half on 2 weeks salary of the top players. FL saw an opportunity to continue to playing at a higher level. So he stayed. The main issue was the fubar that happen not what the outcome was. If someone offered to double your wages, you're not going to say sorry my boss is going through a tough spot can I come in 6 months. So let stop being hypocrites. I know some earlier would like to live in a dreamworld where our management were some how duped in to the whole FL affair. Come on everyone knew. They played hard and fast with the facts but everyone really knew. The EPL knew the MLS knew the only people who didn't know was us. I see no point in having a go a FL for doing what 95% of people would do. Taking care of number one/family. If FL was doing ok in Manchester he was always going to stay. It would be like asking a guy (or woman) in Texas to give up his (her) guns. It's not going to happen. Look at Stirling now at Liverpool he's been offered 180,000 GBP a week, and is stalling on a new contract. He's hoping for another team to offer him more money.

Personally my opinion is this is not even about FL but more of a smokescreen for some and we all know who these are to have a dig at the wider CFG. I see no point in it, if the CFG management haven't understood they messed up by now there's no hope for them. I don't think FL would have made that much difference we were just missing too many players. Player come and go but the team goes on. As owners go CFG aren't that bad. Would you trade them for the Glazers? As I have said this year if we make the playoffs we have done well. This year is about not get embarrassed building a foundation to kick on from. One man doesn't make a team. Even if that player is Messi or Ronaldo. Who won the world cup, yep Germany because they played as a team.
If I made an agreement and had an obligation with an employer to work and then lied and went to a different job I would expect the employees and the management at the former to dislike me. Especially if I would be a major asset to the job compared to a bit part role at the other.

If I made an agreement and had an obligation with an employer to work and then lied and went to a different job I would expect the employees and the management at the former to dislike me. Especially if I would be a major asset to the job compared to a bit part role at the other.

Tell that to a friend of mine that was gazumped on a house. Most these days act in their own self interest. To judge others' by different rules is hypocritical. At the time I guess FL didn't think it would have turned out the way it did. Hindsight is always 20:20. I bet he wishes he had left at the end of December now.

Tell that to a friend of mine that was gazumped on a house. Most these days act in their own self interest. To judge others' by different rules is hypocritical. At the time I guess FL didn't think it would have turned out the way it did. Hindsight is always 20:20. I bet he wishes he had left at the end of December now.

And your friend just accepted this with no ill will, right? Because he understands self-interest and didn't think that people need to stick to their word?

You realize of course that if your friend was mad about this situation, by your own words, we have every right to be mad at Lampard, because "to judge others' [sic] by different rules is hypocritical."

Really? Even when that player is integral to the team's success?

Are you going to boo when he scores a goal? Makes a key assist? Are you going to wish him away even if it becomes clear how much we need him to succeed? Will you continue to spew vitriol in his direction even if it's obvious that it is hurting the team and its fanbase?
Yes I will. Oh well.

Idk how it works in Manchester, but here in America you're expected to keep your word as a man. You can go back on it as you're free to do whatever you want, but you should expect to receive some flack for it. Frank had his own personal interest in mind. I have my club's in mind. Frank's interest/man city's interest don't equal our interests so forgive me If I'm not singing blue moon.

I'm curious, because I didn't see anything on the broadcast, but did they ever show Frank on a jumbotron or anything like that? I haven't seen anything to suggest they did, and that seems kind of weird to me.

I'm curious, because I didn't see anything on the broadcast, but did they ever show Frank on a jumbotron or anything like that? I haven't seen anything to suggest they did, and that seems kind of weird to me.
No they didn't