Seriously Stopped Supporting?

Their a lot of frustration with this team at the moment and particularly Lampard at the moment, I don't think it's completely Lampard fault more Manchester City management fault, as Lampard was playing well and was pretty impressive at the beginning of the season City decided to keep him until end of the season as they thought he could make a big contribution towards their season

Watch Lampard make a big difference with his creativity when he turns up, apart from Villa and Mix and the raw ability of Shelton, I don't see much class in the team at the moment, you can tell this is a team that been pity much put together overnight, I think Lampard is being made a scapegoat due to him not being here and the frustrating start to the season for us and a couple of people on here have started criticising Villa as well for just being injured!!!! You know they could of stay in Europe make the same amount of money as I'm pretty sure a lot of teams would kill to have them, just stay patience, this is the 1st season of this franchise, it's gonna take time, let's just get behind them and keep rooting

Oh I'm a Englishman aswell and I'm very happy to be a NYCFC fan even it means I only watching them bout 1-2 a month on tv and going to NY watching them probably once a season, I will do it!!!!

Last edited:
My hope was that we would make the playoffs, and I think we will. I am proud to have put my $ down to start a team that will win championships down the line. I've said it here before but as soccer grows as a spectator sport in the US and we grow as a league and flesh out the markets that can't make it because of market size we will reach a point where we can have a top level salary cap and we will draw the best players in the world. It will be impossible to get these tickets 10 years from now

Lol you're good. Not as jubilant of an atmosphere but our devoted members are still here and posting away.

I watch every game and follow the team. I never stopped following the club, never will. It's mine. As it is yours. We all belong to it.

What's getting annoying are attitudes from people who think that supporting a club means being an ego maniac.

There may be people who aren't supporting the club anymore, as few as they are.

But there are probably others, like myself, that are getting tired of the rhetoric from other fans.

Things like : Lampardgate (who seriously gives a shit, c'mon, let it go.), the indecisiveness at games between songs and chants, (as well as the ridiculous opinions for not organizing them when the entirety of football culture around the world does). The bickering between supporters groups. People fighting on facebook, being plain nasty to each other. Name calling for having a different opinion.

I live in Brooklyn. Born in Queens. Lived in Jersey, Bronx, Manhattan throughout my life. I know anger.

I don't need another place to get tight over. I'm 31, I'm tired of hostility. Plus I have work, I'm extremely busy. I started a blog to follow the team, a simple site with videos and pictures of the fans at the game, and have since abandoned it because I realistically don't have time to create content for it. It sucks.

So maybe people like me aren't coming around anymore because we are trying to find our own little place in the fan culture that is purely based on following the team. And we lurk the forums in the mean time.

It's a valve, a pressure release from my normal life. My club is a place to go to relax and chill, win or lose, I eat well, drink and am generally merry.

And remember guys.

We can't get relegated.

Last edited:
It's gonna be a tough season and I'm not surprised by the start, come on this is not like playing FIFA on your PS4 which some people might think. It's a new club, with a roster that is on square one. It takes more than a couple of games to get a team to start working as a team. There's a bunch of different players, different characters, different styles of playing and with different football experiences. Only because Villa is up front doesn't mean that you can just depend on him. You can't cry out for help from Lampard, and when he'll arrive.
Maybe we won't reach the playoffs this season, maybe we will. But I don't really understand the people who thinks that a whole new team should just get out there and start showing instant results. And if they don't, they start screaming for a new coach, or as the discussion was..stop supporting the team.
Don't start supporting a team if you can't handle the hard times. Don't just be there when we are winning. Be there all the time. It's like a marriage. And you fight for your marriage.

Love to all of you people who stands up for this team during the games, even when we are losing!

Yeah, uh, I do.

I'm not about to forget that. They screwed us and barely even bothered with an apology.

Management has not done itself any favors in various ways but we've discussed that to death.

I think many are just getting warn down by the constant stream of hate/negativity from other fans and in general towards the team, not winning doesn't make it any easier but if that were the only issue it wouldn't be so tiring.

Management has not done itself any favors in various ways but we've discussed that to death.

I think many are just getting warn down by the constant stream of hate/negativity from other fans and in general towards the team, not winning doesn't make it any easier but if that were the only issue it wouldn't be so tiring.
Of course it's tiring. This is not a perfect club to support. We're an expansion club in a baseball stadium that's second banana to an English club funded by questionable money. And we're losing.

I'm honestly exhausted. It's getting harder to really care. I wasn't 100% on board after the Lampard stuff, and the fans are really wearing me out with the p*to chants - the supporters section is pretty toxic.

I want to love this club, because I felt like it was mine. But I don't know that I feel like that now. Call me "plastic" - whatever. It's just harder to care when it's clear that our ownership doesn't put a priority on our club's success and a good portion of our fans are pretty generally terrible to be around.

I'm sorry. I'm just being honest.

Of course it's tiring. This is not a perfect club to support. We're an expansion club in a baseball stadium that's second banana to an English club funded by questionable money. And we're losing.

I'm honestly exhausted. It's getting harder to really care. I wasn't 100% on board after the Lampard stuff, and the fans are really wearing me out with the p*to chants - the supporters section is pretty toxic.

I want to love this club, because I felt like it was mine. But I don't know that I feel like that now. Call me "plastic" - whatever. It's just harder to care when it's clear that our ownership doesn't put a priority on our club's success and a good portion of our fans are pretty generally terrible to be around.

I feel your pain, at this point I think I'm being fueled more by spite towards Red Bulls fans then love.

Bro look at the field. Did you see Villa's reaction to the goal? This guy won a world cup and he was cheering like a schoolboy at our goal. Do you hear the quotes about how hard they all want to win for the fans? Forget the sorority crap going on in the supporters section. This team is filled with players who have heart and who care!

Reactions: Gene
Bro look at the field. Did you see Villa's reaction to the goal? This guy won a world cup and he was cheering like a schoolboy at our goal. Do you hear the quotes about how hard they all want to win for the fans? Forget the sorority crap going on in the supporters section. This team is filled with players who have heart and who care!
Sorority crap? Calling opposing players f*ggots as a group in a full throat is something I'm not sure I can really accept.