Shirts Off Our Backs

They should get off our lawn while they're at it!
annoying-kid-o.gif

Reactions: Cole Caulfield
I cant decide whether this initiative is weird or wonderful.
My inner monologue is:
"I'd like one. No I wouldn't.. or would I ?
I'd like one. No I wouldn't.. or would I ?"

I cant decide whether this initiative is weird or wonderful.
My inner monologue is:
"I'd like one. No I wouldn't.. or would I ?
I'd like one. No I wouldn't.. or would I ?"
I'd love one just to have a game warn jersey to have from the first season.

Reactions: Goodfella
Poku gave me his jersey after the San Jose game. The initial reaction is EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!. Then you realize its sweaty as balls. Then you when get home its smelly as shit. But if its signed you think, how do I wash it? So I hand washed it with soap, let is hang dry. Doesn't smell anymore, signature is still on, and the MLS Works patch is still on it.

Hoping to get my main man Mix's kit on the 25th.

Reactions: Paul and SayWhat44
I collect soccer and hockey jerseys, so this is my dream.
Same here. One of the reasons I wanted to sit close to the field was the chance to ask a player for their shirt after a game, but so far my dream has not come true. I did see Jason Hernandez give his shirt to a DC United fan that had a sign for him in Washington though.

On or about October 19, 2015, the top eight (8) Entrant(s) who submitted the Essays with the highest scores based on this criteria, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will be the winners of the Contest (each a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules.

Anyone get a call yet about winning? I'm sitting by my cell phone, waiting, hoping, dreaming.

Last edited:
On or about October 19, 2015, the top eight (8) Entrant(s) who submitted the Essays with the highest scores based on this criteria, as determined by the judges in their sole discretion, will be the winners of the Contest (each a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”), subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules.

Anyone get a call yet about winning? I'm sitting by my cell phone, waiting, hoping, dreaming.

Was there seriously an essay contest?

Was there seriously an essay contest?

There are probably 11 kits to give out during the event. 8 are from the Cityzens contest where you had to write about either Why you became an NYCFC ticket holder? Or what being an NYCFC means to you? 1 person who retweeted gets it and two people will be chosen during the game itself.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Apparently emails for the winners have gone out, at least according to someone on the TR Facebook group that said he was picked.

EDIT: Nevermind, he was joking.

Last edited:
Reactions: SayWhat44
Based on how delayed all other communications have been, they were never going to announce winners last night as scheduled. The dream lives on.

Reactions: Goodfella
Apparently my entry wasn't good enough to win then. Should've added more bribes/threats that the judges might "sleep with the fishes"...