Should I Pull the Trigger on Season Tickets?... Your Thoughts, Please **Trigger Pulled***

Echoing what NYCFC_Dan said, head to concessions the last 3-5 min of the half and you'll beat most of the line. I've similarly been stuck for 25min and missed the start of the 2nd half. The alternative is to go to a Cart for food rather than the main concessions areas. Different fare to choose from but faster lines.

On the other hand... I sent my son and daughter up for a popcorn refill (which they ate most of) at about that time and they missed the only goal of the half. To make it even more painful on them it was right in front of us, we were in the first row of 212. I made sure to thank them for leaving to allow the team to score.

On the other hand... I sent my son and daughter up for a popcorn refill (which they ate most of) at about that time and they missed the only goal of the half. To make it even more painful on them it was right in front of us, we were in the first row of 212. I made sure to thank them for leaving to allow the team to score.

Are your seats in 212? What do you think of the section?

Ha yeah! With soccer you can miss the only goal when reaching down for your beer.
Haha, very true. In fact with your suggestion to leave 3-5 minutes before the half ends, he would have missed the first goal! (This is my preferred method as well though).

And NYCFC_Dan , definitely didn't miss too much action those first 18 minutes of the second half, but missed the ridiculous Villa shot. I was actually late getting back from grabbing beers and was just about back to my section when the whole crowd roared like we just scored. I was confused as to what the hell just happened. In fact, I actually didn't know about that double-post shot until I got on here this morning.

Reactions: Ulrich
Haha, very true. In fact with your suggestion to leave 3-5 minutes before the half ends, he would have missed the first goal! (This is my preferred method as well though).

And NYCFC_Dan , definitely didn't miss too much action those first 18 minutes of the second half, but missed the ridiculous Villa shot. I was actually late getting back from grabbing beers and was just about back to my section when the whole crowd roared like we just scored. I was confused as to what the hell just happened. In fact, I actually didn't know about that double-post shot until I got on here this morning.
That's why walking backwards (facing the field) is a necessary skill when heading to the concourse

Are your seats in 212? What do you think of the section?

We don't have season tickets so they were for last night. We've been in the sections behind that goal for 5 out of the 10 games we went to this year. So I guess you can say we enjoy sitting in that area. :) We usually buy resale so that we can get the tickets in the front row. If we were to get season tickets we would probably get them that section as well.

Proud owner of 2017 membership!

CD2OtvXWMAA2UFp.jpg

Proud owner of 2017 membership!

Success! Good decision, as I'm sure everyone else will say to you. Did you go for 211 in the end? Also, if you check your name you should see your new ribbon already. Normally we'd ask for confirmation but in this case I feel it's fairly implicit from the conversation.

Incidentally, having been to a lot of football games at different stadia, I can say that long queues for concessions is a fairly universal issue. Most people's solution worldwide is to head for drinks in the 44th minute, with the ensuing risk it brings as mentioned above. It's kind of "one of those things".

Reactions: Jon
Another good tip is not to use the bathroom while historic goals are being scored. Like during a franchise's inaugural home opener. I know a guy >>>>>> :( <<<<<< who heard Villa's goal from the bathroom. That guy should drink less beer.

Success! Good decision, as I'm sure everyone else will say to you. Did you go for 211 in the end? Also, if you check your name you should see your new ribbon already. Normally we'd ask for confirmation but in this case I feel it's fairly implicit from the conversation.

Incidentally, having been to a lot of football games at different stadia, I can say that long queues for concessions is a fairly universal issue. Most people's solution worldwide is to head for drinks in the 44th minute, with the ensuing risk it brings as mentioned above. It's kind of "one of those things".

Yeah, section 211, row 14 - I could have sat in row 4 but I liked the idea of being covered from the rain and sun. I'll be in the same seats for the playoff game. I'm hoping to meet some of you guys!

Yeah, section 211, row 14 - I could have sat in row 4 but I liked the idea of being covered from the rain and sun. I'll be in the same seats for the playoff game. I'm hoping to meet some of you guys!
the overhead cover is a big plus

True. I guess I'm just used to baseball when people have 17 or 18 opportunities to get up between innings.

Yeah, this is the big issue. Yankee Stadium is set up for baseball, where people come and go to concessions in small numbers throughout the game. They are not made for a huge crowd that rushes in at halftime and wants quick service. At the Inaugural Home Game, I had the same experience as you and missed the first 15-20 minutes of the second half because of this issue. Now, my son and I usually leave with 1-2 minutes left in the half. Fortunately for us, in this game we held off until the end of the 45 because we knew there would be a lot of stoppage time.

My only negative about the experience was the lines for concessions.
Congrats on the tix!

As for concessions, there are a lot of "solutions". Some mentioned already about timing your food run. Others -
  • $2 empanadas at Empanadas Monumental outside the stadium
  • Bring food in - cheaper and usually better than what YS serves
I personally usually prefer to avoid YS food. When I do get it on rare occasions I usually am in the stadium early well ahead of the game.

Congrats on the tix!

As for concessions, there are a lot of "solutions". Some mentioned already about timing your food run. Others -
  • $2 empanadas at Empanadas Monumental outside the stadium
  • Bring food in - cheaper and usually better than what YS serves
I personally usually prefer to avoid YS food. When I do get it on rare occasions I usually am in the stadium early well ahead of the game.

Yeah, next year we'll either eat before or bring food in. Anyone tailgate? When we had Yankees season tickets we used to BBQ in the lot on the corner of 151st and River.

Yeah, next year we'll either eat before or bring food in. Anyone tailgate? When we had Yankees season tickets we used to BBQ in the lot on the corner of 151st and River.

There have been periodic attempts to get some forum people together for this, but so far I don't think it has come together. I would be in, although probably not until next season due to cold weather.