Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Based on pernettis interview with EOS, I think the Bronx is where the stadium will be located. He said that they are in talks wiht another university in westchester regarding a training facility, that tells me the stadium will be in the bronx. Training in westchester wouldnt make sense for a stadium in queens or BK and manhattan seems to be out anyway. As far as the training facility, my money is on Pace, the only other schools in westchester are suny purchase and WCC. Purchase seems like a long shot due to the PETA group. My money is on PACE, they have a piece of their campus in Briarcliff that they have been trying to sell for some time.
Whatever the case no one likes playing stadium limbo so I hope there is movement on this issue soon least we turn into Chivas USA

Based on pernettis interview with EOS, I think the Bronx is where the stadium will be located. He said that they are in talks wiht another university in westchester regarding a training facility, that tells me the stadium will be in the bronx. Training in westchester wouldnt make sense for a stadium in queens or BK and manhattan seems to be out anyway. As far as the training facility, my money is on Pace, the only other schools in westchester are suny purchase and WCC. Purchase seems like a long shot due to the PETA group. My money is on PACE, they have a piece of their campus in Briarcliff that they have been trying to sell for some time.
I live in SUNY Purchase's backyard. Literally I can see it from my front door. I think it could be done at SUNY Purchase. I wouldn't put anything past the NIMBYs but there would be less blowback because the university is already used consistently for much bigger soccer events than a training facility. In addition, there is not historic building or land or whatever on their property like with Mahattanville.

i would expect to hear where a stadium will be early next year...nyc are on a year to year basis with YS so they could get it done soon.

i would expect to hear where a stadium will be early next year...nyc are on a year to year basis with YS so they could get it done soon.

Does anyone know how long it took RBA to be constructed from the time they broke ground to the time the stadium was ready to be played in? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long we'll have to wait once NYCFC gets the land and the ok to start construction.

Don't know about RBA, but Yankee Stadium and Citi Field both took 2.5 years.

13440526.jpg

Let's get one of these?

Is that San Jose??

Fordham has a campus across the st in White Plains

Could do something with Fordham there and in the Bronx

Does anyone know how long it took RBA to be constructed from the time they broke ground to the time the stadium was ready to be played in? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long we'll have to wait once NYCFC gets the land and the ok to start construction.

It took two years to construct, though ground was broken almost 18 months before proper construction began.

Sweet jeebus. Please let it be Iona College, whose soccer field is a 2.5 minute walk from my home....

One thing is for sure, NYCFC has to work out the training facility fast. If you remember, the lawsuit in Manhattanville didn't exactly stop NYCFC per say, NYCFC pulled out because they didn't want to wait for the lawsuit to run its course. If thats the case, then I hope NYCFC announces something soon, and that something better be ready by Feb-Mar (depending on snow).

i hope our stadium will be somewhere along the lines of SKC.

25k max though no bigger

i hope our stadium will be somewhere along the lines of SKC.

25k max though no bigger
I agree with that right now but....what would you think if we are regularly drawing larger than that at Yankee Stadium? What if we typically sell out the 33k configuration and often open up the upper levels and have 40k+ crowds?
Obviously we don't know what to expect right now, but I don't want to build too big, but not too small either.

I agree with that right now but....what would you think if we are regularly drawing larger than that at Yankee Stadium? What if we typically sell out the 33k configuration and often open up the upper levels and have 40k+ crowds?
Obviously we don't know what to expect right now, but I don't want to build too big, but not too small either.

Absolutely agreed with your optimism : I think that the most important city in the world deserves a soccer stadium of at least 35k seats for NYCFC, but also for the games of USA and for other international games !!!

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
I think the capacity needs to be more than 25k. At least 30k in my opinion. This is a huge market, and I anticipate there being more interest in NYCFC than RB has. Especially if they start winning early. Sounders average 44k a game. We should be able to do that here.

I think the capacity needs to be more than 25k. At least 30k in my opinion. This is a huge market, and I anticipate there being more interest in NYCFC than RB has. Especially if they start winning early. Sounders average 44k a game. We should be able to do that here.

Huge market yes but getting people in the seats is another. 25k should be enough capacity near term, although having the ability to expand capacity at a later date wouldn't be a bad idea.

Reactions: Kjbert
Huge market yes but getting people in the seats is another. 25k should be enough capacity near term, although having the ability to expand capacity at a later date wouldn't be a bad idea.

Don't forget that in Ann Harbour ( not in seattle or Portland ) have been sold 110.000 tickets in 30 minutes ( $ 380 the average prize ) for the friendly between MUFC - Real Madrid............

Reactions: Kjbert