Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Why would that ever be on the list? No public transportation, no way to drive to it by car, and it's an historical site.

Governer's Island would be an absolute tragedy. In 15 years the only thing occupying it would be Urban Adventurists.

Reactions: Kjbert
Something like this?

View attachment 449

The Baker Athletic Complex is a beautiful location, but I don't see them allowing a new SSS being built there.
If the school was interested at all I'd imagine it would have to be football as well as soccer.

I emailed Pernetti about a lease/rebuild deal months ago, it's perfect....and i live across the street LOL

Something like this?

View attachment 449

The Baker Athletic Complex is a beautiful location, but I don't see them allowing a new SSS being built there.
If the school was interested at all I'd imagine it would have to be football as well as soccer.
the club would NEVER allow football to be played in a sss...this isn't seattle we don't have to share

For an MLS team to succeed, you need that luxury suite revenue ... and you've got to have a stadium that cuts the team in on that cash, or gives them 100% outright. That's why the 25,000-30,000-seater is needed. Hopefully in the Bronx. College facilities are woefully inadequate in lux box revenue.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the stadium ends up on the waterfront in Yonkers.

Reactions: Kjbert
Here is your stadium location:
Bronx+Soccer+01.gif

yanks-nycfc2-620x400.jpg

Reactions: Gene and CP_Scouse
Completely agree on that location. Bronx wants the stadium bad, and you've got the rails right there. Parking is a whole other situation.

Has anyone heard if the Metro North will provide "Yankee Express" trains on game days?
It was brought up during a Q&A a few months back and the club said that if it was important us l, they would look into it.

Perhaps Third Rail should start pressing the issue again?

Completely agree on that location. Bronx wants the stadium bad, and you've got the rails right there. Parking is a whole other situation.

I don't know about that, the Bronx bro president suddenly turned cool to the idea and I don't hear anyone else from the Bronx rah rah-ing for a stadium.

Always possible but that would Kill the whole NYC thing, plus we'd never hear the end of it from Red Bulls fans. Yonkers might as well be Harrison

Disagree. Again, if you look at a map, you could build a stadium that straddled Yonkers and the Bronx.

The comparison to Harrison isn't a fair one. A better comparison would be saying you were building a stadium in Manhattan and instead you built it in the South Bronx.

Disagree. Again, if you look at a map, you could build a stadium that straddled Yonkers and the Bronx.

The comparison to Harrison isn't a fair one. A better comparison would be saying you were building a stadium in Manhattan and instead you built it in the South Bronx.

I don't see residents in Riverdale going for a stadium nearby, and no one appears to be even talking about building a stadium straddling the border. Moreover the MLS and NYCFC have put a great deal of prestige on the fact that the team will be in NYC, that having the team in Yonkers would be a loss of face for them.

Reactions: BxLio91
Based on pernettis interview with EOS, I think the Bronx is where the stadium will be located. He said that they are in talks wiht another university in westchester regarding a training facility, that tells me the stadium will be in the bronx. Training in westchester wouldnt make sense for a stadium in queens or BK and manhattan seems to be out anyway. As far as the training facility, my money is on Pace, the only other schools in westchester are suny purchase and WCC. Purchase seems like a long shot due to the PETA group. My money is on PACE, they have a piece of their campus in Briarcliff that they have been trying to sell for some time.

Reactions: forfalskning