Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Thank you. Even from Napoli, my heart is always 100% for NYCFC !!!! What do you think about this 2016 : Napoli campione d' Italia and NYCFC winner of he MLS Cup. Not bad....

Easy there lol. Juve is nipping on your heels.

Reactions: Kjbert

Great catch! Must be using the same architects as BBVA. And they just changed the color of the seats.

Does that mean Populous is designing our stadium? http://populous.com/project/bbva-compass-stadium/ They were responsible for the Etihad expansion...

Great catch! Must be using the same architects as BBVA. And they just changed the color of the seats.

Does that mean Populous is designing our stadium? http://populous.com/project/bbva-compass-stadium/ They were responsible for the Etihad expansion...
It's literally the same exact stadium just zoomed in with different color scheme.
They probably got permission but there is no redesign there and no need for an architect.

I had no idea how beautiful the stadium in Houston was. That would be fantastic here. I really want a beautiful stadium.

It's literally the same exact stadium just zoomed in with different color scheme.
They probably got permission but there is no redesign there and no need for an architect.
It's the same exact same photo, except, as you noted, different seat colors and a scoreboard 'shopped above the right end. Basically, the photo intern tried to throw some weak-ass shit past us, and boom.

I was pointing out CFG's existing relationship with Populous. I agree they only changed the color, that won't be our stadium. But who changed the color and persoective & where did they get the image? Someone at Populous could have just done them a favor. But in business one usually doesn't just do a favor for a client unless they have a good chance at future business or are already working on a project with them. We'll see, but that might have been the Easter Egg they accidentally put in - the architect.

Looking at one of their renderings in the survey, it has that -facing lower Manhattan- feel to it. Taking a different approach from my previous post where I think this survey was 100% bull$hit...maybe there's an Easter-Egg hidden in that survey. If this rendering meant something, it would mean Pier 5 Brooklyn. I haven't been down there in a few...anyone been by there? What's going on there??

View attachment 3972

I think everyone is taking these survey pictures way, way, way too seriously.

But Pier 5 is where I play a summer league. It would never be stadium capable - they'd have to rebuild the whole pier, and that end of the park is a 15-20 minute walk from the nearest subway station at Borough Hall thu residential.

Oh and to just drive us all a little more nuts with rumors in our heads, Populous also are team behind Tottenham's new stadium. You know the one with the retractable grass surface, so an NFL field can take its place. http://populous.com/project/tottenham-hotspur-football-club/

Cue the old C&C Music Factory hit "Things That Makes You Go Hmm..."
Populous designs some pretty beautiful stadiums. I would love them to design one for us. I just don't want to get robbed like DC United and some others...

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Those prices must have been an attempt to see if we are suckers. A lot of those club seats were more expensive than comparable seats for the Knicks or Nets. I'd be very surprised if they went to market with prices like that.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
DC got robbed because their owners saw the price tag and value-engineered the stadium. Wasn't the architect's fault.
Wasn't saying it was. The first design was really nice. The fans got the ole bait and switch.

Wasn't saying it was. The first design was really nice. The fans got the ole bait and switch.
In fairness, the original DC design was probably twice the price of what is going to be built. Pretty pictures initially win projects, while subsequent accurate architectural drawings & specs bring the clients back to the reality of their budget.

Those prices must have been an attempt to see if we are suckers. A lot of those club seats were more expensive than comparable seats for the Knicks or Nets. I'd be very surprised if they went to market with prices like that.

I'm not sure what Knicks and Nets tickets go for these days, but upper level club quoted me around $140 something. I said probably not and they dropped twice to $107. Then I clicked probably would and it moved on. Around $100 for cushion seats and club access is a pretty good deal.

In fairness, the original DC design was probably twice the price of what is going to be built. Pretty pictures initially win projects, while subsequent accurate architectural drawings & specs bring the clients back to the reality of their budget.
I am well aware of that I am a finance officer for a construction management company.

Reactions: adam
upload_2016-2-2_20-2-2.pnghomepage of the website

http://populous.com/news/2016/02/02/populous-expands-global-footprint-to-new-york-city/

Populous, a global architecture and design firm, today announced the opening of a new office in New York City to be led by architect Jonathan Mallie. The New York office will focus on a wide range of project types and services including sports and entertainment venues, convention centers, hospitality architecture and interior design. This New York expansion, at 475 Fifth Avenue, is Populous’ fourth expansion in the United States in the past 24 months.

“Establishing a New York presence is an opportunity to further integrate the firm’s expertise with fresh thinking and expand our platform for cutting-edge design in the city that I love,” said Mallie.

Jonathan Mallie’s accomplishments in architecture have been strengthened by the use of advanced technology and innovations in project delivery. Prior to joining Populous, he served as a Principal at another firm in New York, where he helped lead various projects such as the award-winning Barclays Center, the mixed-use Miami Innovation District and Nassau Coliseum. Commercial, residential and academic projects located throughout the US, Africa and Asia also form part of his portfolio. He is currently leading Populous’ design team for a new state-of-the-art public amphitheater and training facility for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

“With Jonathan at the helm, our New York presence puts our stake in the ground for design and thought leadership, provides us access to some of the finest designers in the country, and allows us to deepen relationships with and meet the needs of our industry friends and clients,” said Earl Santee, FAIA, Populous Americas Managing Director and Senior Principal.

Originally known for its sports portfolio, Populous has become a leader in convention center design and added capabilities in aviation, campus planning and landscape architecture along with hospitality design and brand activation services. The firm has also established itself as a world leader in event design, having planned 13 Olympic Games, 18 MLB All-Star Games, and the last 31 NFL Super Bowls. Recognized in New York City for such landmarks as Yankee Stadium and Citi Field, Populous’ international achievements include The London 2012 Olympic Stadium and Soccer City Stadium in Johannesburg. “As architects, we are constantly challenged to create exceptional civic structures that connect our communities. This has been the heart of Populous’ practice for decades,” said Mallie.

The opening of the New York office continues Populous’ expansion plan over the past 24 months which includes new offices in Boston, San Francisco and Pittsburgh.

“New York brings great promise to the future of Populous,” said Santee. “We are committed to bringing together the best designers who share our passion for creating the places where people love to be together.”