Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
The entire problem is that there are really a very limited number of workable stadium locations in NYC. We have, at one point or another in this thread, deeply investigated every one of them. The forum knows where the stadium is going to be, and we know the teams preference on stadium location. The GAL site next to YS.

That place is our eventual home, we just need a mayor who isn't afraid to write off the shitshow that is the yankee parking garages. The fact that it sits on a public transportation nexus is why it's so incredibly appealing, it's a one connection location from every single subway stop in the city; and zero layover if you are in manhatten.

I genuenly believe that at least half of the reason NJRB never got much popularity was that it's across the river and multiple connections from all public transit.

The entire problem is that there are really a very limited number of workable stadium locations in NYC. We have, at one point or another in this thread, deeply investigated every one of them. The forum knows where the stadium is going to be, and we know the teams preference on stadium location. The GAL site next to YS.

That place is our eventual home, we just need a mayor who isn't afraid to write off the shitshow that is the yankee parking garages. The fact that it sits on a public transportation nexus is why it's so incredibly appealing, it's a one connection location from every single subway stop in the city; and zero layover if you are in manhatten.

I genuenly believe that at least half of the reason NJRB never got much popularity was that it's across the river and multiple connections from all public transit.
You've got a nine and a two v. a six. Double down on this.

You may be right that GAL site is our eventual home, but the idea that it's a public transportation nexus is overstated. Fresh Direct site is way closer to the hub of the greater NYC metro mass transportation system. Grand Central is (or will be) the hub of the two commuter rail systems, and the location is one subway stop out of midterm manhattan from there. The 7 also puts all Manhattan subway lines from 1-3 stops away. GAL site is only a win if you live in the Bronx, upper manhattan, or northern suburbs. For everyone else, Fresh Direct trumps it from a mass transit standpoint.

Doesn't mean they won't end up at GAL, or that there aren't other calculations driving the ultimate decision (like, which site is actually available and buildable).

Last edited:
You may be right that GAL site is our eventual home, but the idea that it's a public transportation nexus is overstated. Fresh Direct site is way closer to the hub of the greater NYC metro mass transportation system. Grand Central is (or will be) the hub of the two commuter rail systems, and the location is one subway stop out of midterm manhattan from there. The 7 also puts all Manhattan subway lines from 1-3 stops away. GAL site is only a win if you live in the Bronx, upper manhattan, or northern suburbs. For everyone else, Fresh Direct trumps it from a mass transit standpoint.

Doesn't mean they won't end up at GAL, or that there aren't other calculations driving the ultimate decision (like, which site is actually available and buildable).

I entirely agree with everything you just said. However, I believe it is significantly easier to build a stadium in NYC than it is to finish the mass transit plans to their proper, pre Robert fucking Moses, specifications.

Under the fully realized transit plan the fresh direct site is clearly superior.

Exactly how long has it taken to get three stops opened on the second avenue subway again?

How many hundreds of billions will it take to move the 1 2 3 to where it should be? And dig the connection with what is now the 7?

Where will we find the untold fortune required to build out the Brooklyn queens connector, let alone the version it should be, the Brooklyn queens Bronx connector?

Robert Moses fucked our city for at least a century with his car based idiocy, and I do not see the political will or financial capital required to fix this emerging anytime soon.

Actually the only thing that might speed it up is if Trump becomes president. Chuck Schumer is supposed to be the new guy in charge of senate democrats, combine that with Trump's NY pride, and the shittons of property he owns on the east side that would benefit from a second ave subway, and I can see some parts of the original plan being enacted.

Until that glorious day when the original grand central hub plan is finally completed, the GAL site is clearly superior from a public transit perspective.

There are few things that get me riled up, public transit design is one of them.

I entirely agree with everything you just said. However, I believe it is significantly easier to build a stadium in NYC than it is to finish the mass transit plans to their proper, pre Robert fucking Moses, specifications.

Under the fully realized transit plan the fresh direct site is clearly superior.

Exactly how long has it taken to get three stops opened on the second avenue subway again?

How many hundreds of billions will it take to move the 1 2 3 to where it should be? And dig the connection with what is now the 7?

Where will we find the untold fortune required to build out the Brooklyn queens connector, let alone the version it should be, the Brooklyn queens Bronx connector?

Robert Moses fucked our city for at least a century with his car based idiocy, and I do not see the political will or financial capital required to fix this emerging anytime soon.

Actually the only thing that might speed it up is if Trump becomes president. Chuck Schumer is supposed to be the new guy in charge of senate democrats, combine that with Trump's NY pride, and the shittons of property he owns on the east side that would benefit from a second ave subway, and I can see some parts of the original plan being enacted.

Until that glorious day when the original grand central hub plan is finally completed, the GAL site is clearly superior from a public transit perspective.

There are few things that get me riled up, public transit design is one of them.
Not to take away from your angry rant at the snails pace at which transportation improvements move but East Side Access is already, and has been in progress for a few years now.

It's set to be finished by 2022 which in the grand scheme of things isn't that far away.

http://web.mta.info/capital/esa_alt.html

By then the Fresh Direct site would be one of the best in the city in terms of transportation options. It also doesn't hurt that they could present the stadium as a venue for 2026 should the capacity be large enough.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Not to take away from your angry rant at the snails pace at which transportation improvements move but East Side Access is already, and has been in progress for a few years now.

It's set to be finished by 2022 which in the grand scheme of things isn't that far away.

http://web.mta.info/capital/esa_alt.html

By then the Fresh Direct site would be one of the best in the city in terms of transportation options. It also doesn't hurt that they could present the stadium as a venue for 2026 should the capacity be large enough.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ct-falling-further-behind-schedule-1.11995465

Try 2035 at the earliest. My best guess is she'll cost about $50bn by the time all is said and done. Which should have been the original estimate in the first place.

Anyone who knew the slightest bit about planning knew that budget and time frame was a hunk of bullshit from the word go. It was entirely designed to get some tunnels put into the freaking ground and maybe complete the project. More specifically it was designed to get enough work done that even if the project wasn't finished there would be enough durable infrastructure, the all important tunnels, in place that it would be a lot easier on the next go around.

Half the problem is the modern safety standards, you cant just go willy nilly blowing holes in rock anymore, like you could from about 1900 to 1950. That period also happens to coincide with the most cost effective public transit creation.

Also unlike back then, there is a hell of a lot more crap in the ground now. Especially at 10-50 feet, the preferred dwelling space of the subway line.

Whenever they do try to shoot more tunnel for the second ave subway expect random services to break all the time on the east side. The amount of idiotic workarounds all the baby bell's and Con Ed put under that street should make it virtually impossible to dig at anything resembling full speed. Every five feet you're going to run into a pipe containing who knows what, IF its still in use; if not good luck finding out whats in that stupid pipe before you open it, hope its not one of the old pipes from those toxic as fuck refinery's or chemical plants we used to have. I wonder what the workman's comp case would look like if its an old fluorine compound pipe. For our lawyer friends elemental fluorine and its compounds are not the wonderful stuff we put in our drinking water to make our teeth stronger, they are hell chemicals seemingly designed by nature to wreck the human body in the most gruesome of manners.

Oh when they get to 48th street its going to be such a shitshow. They'll probably run into a bunch of UN consulate hardlines that require country overview in order to touch. And they'll also probably find a bunch of wiretaps that were forgotten about/weren't supposed to exist.

I predict that by the time I die in about 50-70 years, NYC will probably be mostly done with the easy stuff. The real hard shit, like moving the 1 2 3 to where they're supposed to be is for when my grandkids are old.

For the lawyers here is one of fluorine's nastier compounds.

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2008/02/26/sand_wont_save_you_this_time

Oh yeah, what blog misses out on is that fluorine compounds are hilariously toxic in their own right and give serious cases of heavy metal poisoning in relatively low doses. Also because fluorine it binds freely and easily with such unimportant things as bones.

Last edited:
Doubt it. The Cosmos need to leave Hofstra this season no?

A brand new stadium yes, but they'll be on their second stadium soon.

Should rename them the Long Island Wanderers.
MCU does not qualify as a new home. I'm upset that filth such as the Cosmos are residing within my borough.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I think the FreshDirect site is better from a transit/convenience perspective, even if it is less convenient for me personally (coming from Westchester). The issue with that site is that the FreshDirect building alone is not big enough, so you have to either move some train tracks or reroute a busy street.

View attachment 6123 First rendering of our stadium released. Courtesy of roxfontaine from a rendering of the smoke stack. It's official. Lol
I would imagine that the stadium there is a current stadium from somewhere and they just designed the bottom part. But one can dream.

i lol'ed when i saw that.....i feel they should of done nycfc colors but the execution was not the best maybe.....but there was an attempt from the club ( and yankees permitting) for that as well as the fireworks and i was ok with that

View attachment 6123 First rendering of our stadium released. Courtesy of R roxfontaine from a rendering of the smoke stack. It's official. Lol
I would imagine that the stadium there is a current stadium from somewhere and they just designed the bottom part. But one can dream.

I feel like the decision to have two centre circles is the more contentious issue here.

There are few things that get me riled up, swordfish being called swordfish instead of lancefish is one of them.

And thus the gauntlet is thrown down. What is the most ridiculous way the rest of you forumites can complete that sentence?

There are few things that get me riled up, swordfish being called swordfish instead of lancefish is one of them.

And thus the gauntlet is thrown down. What is the most ridiculous way the rest of you forumites can complete that sentence?
Dominate and dominant being used as though they are the same word. It's not even a homophone, damn it!

Dominate and dominant being used as though they are the same word. It's not even a homophone, damn it!

When people misuse "worse" and "worst" UUUUGGGGHHHH

Whenever they do try to shoot more tunnel for the second ave subway expect random services to break all the time on the east side. The amount of idiotic workarounds all the baby bell's and Con Ed put under that street should make it virtually impossible to dig at anything resembling full speed. Every five feet you're going to run into a pipe containing who knows what, IF its still in use; if not good luck finding out whats in that stupid pipe before you open it, hope its not one of the old pipes from those toxic as fuck refinery's or chemical plants we used to have. I wonder what the workman's comp case would look like if its an old fluorine compound pipe. For our lawyer friends elemental fluorine and its compounds are not the wonderful stuff we put in our drinking water to make our teeth stronger, they are hell chemicals seemingly designed by nature to wreck the human body in the most gruesome of manners.

Also, as the thread's resident Con Ed employee... you friggn right, man. Manhattan, especially mid to lower Manhattan, is a nightmare under the streets. That's what happens when hundreds of individual utility companies all merge over the years. Hence "Consolidated."

Reactions: Kjbert

Flammable and inflammable mean the same thing.

Reactions: FootyLovin