Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
i dont think its real possibility. there are some residential buildings there. Using that RBA comparison you have to cut into some of them. That space is too small i think

I'm pretty certain folks on this page are having one conversation about 2 different sites in the Bronx without realizing it. Or maybe not. I can't be sure because nobody's using any identifiers. But there's the railyard site and the ABC warehouse site.

Frankly it doesn't matter. It's the stadium thread.
25K starter stadium + 40K future stadium, confirmed.

I'm pretty certain folks on this page are having one conversation about 2 different sites in the Bronx without realizing it. Or maybe not. I can't be sure because nobody's using any identifiers. But there's the railyard site and the ABC warehouse site.

Frankly it doesn't matter. It's the stadium thread.
This. Can someone give cross streets?

Brilliant. Metro North to Harlem 125. That's on the 6 it looks like. One Subway stop to the stadium.

I just read an article on Curbed about this site. They want it to be mixed use.

You can take metro north to the specific yankee stadium metro north stop.

That ABC Carpet site is way too small so that shouldn't even be in the conversation.

There's a site in the South Bronx at 400 East 132nd street that people seem to be pitching. It's not ideal for Metro North commuters (compared to GAL) and NYCFC would like to keep that crowd happy.

Right now it's YEARS away from development. The state asked for requests for proposals due February, we can cycle back then to see if the team is interested in it.

The South Bronx site is far from ideal as far as I can tell because you'd have to convince families that walking 6 blocks under a freeway overpass and past several projects isn't as bad as they think, good luck with that.

Is this land right off the RFK bridge there?

OK, seriously, there's no such thing. It's the Triboro.

Kinda like that place where airplanes go in South Queens is the Idlewild Airport?

The only people who are allowed to call it the RFK Bridge are the ones who call it the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge. And it has to be all the time, no mistakes. It's in the rules.

ETA: And oh yeah, Reagan National, too.

When John F. Kennedy, Jr. takes a cab to the airport, does he say "take me to JFK"?
And if so, how does he feel about that?

- George Carlin​

There's a site in the South Bronx at 400 East 132nd street that people seem to be pitching. It's not ideal for Metro North commuters (compared to GAL) and NYCFC would like to keep that crowd happy.

Right now it's YEARS away from development. The state asked for requests for proposals due February, we can cycle back then to see if the team is interested in it.

The South Bronx site is far from ideal as far as I can tell because you'd have to convince families that walking 6 blocks under a freeway overpass and past several projects isn't as bad as they think, good luck with that.

I think that spot would be awesome. Right across the Harlem River from upper Manhattan. Decent walk from the 6, but I could see people doing a march over the Willis Avenue or Third Avenue Bridges from 125th Street (just under one mile). The waterfront aspect would be really cool.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think that spot would be awesome. Right across the Harlem River from upper Manhattan. Decent walk from the 6, but I could see people doing a march over the Willis Avenue or Third Avenue Bridges from 125th Street (just under one mile). The waterfront aspect would be really cool.

I'm with Gator on this one after studying Google Maps. If you get a parking garage with direct access off the Deegan, that works for those arriving by car. (Yes, the merge to the Deegan off the Triboro is a giant cluster****, but nothings perfect). For straphangers, can either take the 6 into the Bronx and be several blocks away - or for those more adventurous - get off the 6 at 125th St and then march over Willis Av Bridge to Etihad Central.

Metro-North could get off at 125th St and walk and/or take the 6.

Being right off the Triboro means driving connections to major highways are there. Closer to Brooklyn/Queens. Waterfront would be awesome - selling a "waterfront renewal" is money.

I'm with Gator on this one after studying Google Maps. If you get a parking garage with direct access off the Deegan, that works for those arriving by car. (Yes, the merge to the Deegan off the Triboro is a giant cluster****, but nothings perfect). For straphangers, can either take the 6 into the Bronx and be several blocks away - or for those more adventurous - get off the 6 at 125th St and then march over Willis Av Bridge to Etihad Central.

Metro-North could get off at 125th St and walk and/or take the 6.

Being right off the Triboro means driving connections to major highways are there. Closer to Brooklyn/Queens. Waterfront would be awesome - selling a "waterfront renewal" is money.

I just don't see how there's room over there unless you buy up the other side of Bronx River Ave. and reroute the street. Can someone with some photoshopping ability overlay RBA over that site?

I just don't see how there's room over there unless you buy up the other side of Bronx River Ave. and reroute the street. Can someone with some photoshopping ability overlay RBA over that site?
OK, I'm perhaps a little confused as there seems to be a few new sites floating around. I did one on the other side of Willis Avenue a page or two back so that may be enough to get a rough idea of the size. Is this the second site that's been mentioned or is this now a third? Can't quite tell.

OK, I'm perhaps a little confused as there seems to be a few new sites floating around. I did one on the other side of Willis Avenue a page or two back so that may be enough to get a rough idea of the size. Is this the second site that's been mentioned or is this now a third? Can't quite tell.

I'm talking about the ABC Carpet and Home site

I'm talking about the ABC Carpet and Home site
abccarpet.png

Reactions: Jon
If CFG is involved with ABC Carpet at all, it's probably to help GAL acquire it so they can relocate there, rather than for a stadium itself. That seems much more likely.

Makes sense in that the infrastructure is already around the current stadium. I think CFG / NYCFC needs to give fans some sort of info at this point. They've been quiet for a long time.

If you shift the site slightly east and take over the properties on the east side of the road it may fit. Then build a garage on the north side of the site.
Do that and the stadium barely fits on it - no room for plazas and pedestrian circulation/congregation. Also, there's a flat asphalt surface (two way opposing traffic) that would have to be closed on both sides that is a bit more difficult to get approved; not impossible but highly bureaucratic and red tape'ish.