• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Here's the news:
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/articl...assive-development-over-south-bronx-rail-yard
This seems to be the location, with route and distance to closest subway stop on the 6 line about 7 minutes away.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40....ec69214e9653e1!2m2!1d-73.9261023!2d40.8104645

No reason to think this is even remotely a thing yet, but we might get 3-4 pages on it anyway.
Evidence that this thread is insane: the 17 year old references a newspaper article, and the 50+ guy provides the links.

From the linked article about the ABC warehouse closing:

Marlene Cintron of the Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation said a buyer for the property has been found and is in the process of finalizing the deal.

While not divulging the buyer she said, “The plan for the future purchaser is a plan that makes good business sense and is an opportunity for Bronx residents to spend more time in that building.”

“It will bring more jobs into the building than ABC had and probably generate more jobs outside the building because of the nature of the business.”

STADIUM HERE WE COME

Is this land right off the RFK bridge there? Makes a lot of sense if you can get there somehow by subway...

From the linked article about the ABC warehouse closing:

Marlene Cintron of the Bronx Overall Economic Development Corporation said a buyer for the property has been found and is in the process of finalizing the deal.

While not divulging the buyer she said, “The plan for the future purchaser is a plan that makes good business sense and is an opportunity for Bronx residents to spend more time in that building.”

“It will bring more jobs into the building than ABC had and probably generate more jobs outside the building because of the nature of the business.”

STADIUM HERE WE COME
More jobs than a warehouse, eh?

Reactions: Kjbert
BronxRailyard.png

What if you moved that over Lincoln Ave so that it was purely a waterfront stadium? This all works by the way guys. I don't want to get my hopes up, but this works on many levels. If you owned that entire strip you could have a parking garage with direct access to the Major Deegan and a Subway stop 3 blocks away. It could be a real development zone. And because it is a state project, no requirement for housing.

Reactions: Ulrich
What if you moved that over Lincoln Ave so that it was purely a waterfront stadium? This all works by the way guys. I don't want to get my hopes up, but this works on many levels. If you owned that entire strip you could have a parking garage with direct access to the Major Deegan and a Subway stop 3 blocks away. It could be a real development zone. And because it is a state project, no requirement for housing.

Idk, it's such an awkward spot for Metro North travelers. Even though it's right down the block and centrally located, the GAL site is still 10x better, IMO.

Idk, it's such an awkward spot for Metro North travelers. Even though it's right down the block and centrally located, the GAL site is still 10x better, IMO.

Of course it is. But this may be our only option. I know nothing about the Subway in New York. Can you take Metro North to Grand Central and then get a Subway to this site?

It's also off of the Deegan - it's like 1 mile past Yankee Stadium.

Kinda like that place where airplanes go in South Queens is the Idlewild Airport?
The only people who are allowed to call it the RFK Bridge are the ones who call it the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge. And it has to be all the time, no mistakes. It's in the rules.

ETA: And oh yeah, Reagan National, too.

Of course it is. But this may be our only option. I know nothing about the Subway in New York. Can you take Metro North to Grand Central and then get a Subway to this site?

It's also off of the Deegan - it's like 1 mile past Yankee Stadium.
You can take MetroNorth to 125th street

You can take MetroNorth to 125th street

Brilliant. Metro North to Harlem 125. That's on the 6 it looks like. One Subway stop to the stadium.

I just read an article on Curbed about this site. They want it to be mixed use.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
The only people who are allowed to call it the RFK Bridge are the ones who call it the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge. And it has to be all the time, no mistakes. It's in the rules.
Those same rules want you to continue referring to Eastern, TWA, and People's Express.

Reactions: Kjbert
I would prefer LIC, but this is acceptable. 24min bike ride over the triboro from astoria. As opposed to 37min to GAL. Smalll time diff, but through less than stellar neighborhoods ever minute less is massive, especially if riding home inebriated.

I'm pretty certain folks on this page are having one conversation about 2 different sites in the Bronx without realizing it. Or maybe not. I can't be sure because nobody's using any identifiers. But there's the railyard site and the ABC warehouse site.

Frankly it doesn't matter. It's the stadium thread.