• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Minor updates from a club event at the NYCFC House last night:
  • in terms of timing, Patricof says it is hard because when you're seriously pursuing one site, it can seem kinda sorta imminent but if that falls through you reset back to whatever progress you've made on the next site in line. He repeated the 3 serious current sites factoid and said if all 3 fall through then things fall pretty far back. Unstated corollary is that if one of the 3 works out, it could be somewhat soon.
  • he also said there is nothing for supporters to do to help until an announcement is made about a deal on a site. Once that happens the fan mobilization can come in to play to keep opposition from quashing it.
To add to above : The biggest impediment is not financial. The investors are committed to having the stadium in NYC. Is finding the right site. More than 35 plus locations have been looked at.
a: Size of site at least 10- 12 acres needed
b: Public transportation access

This line of thinking, in a nutshell, is why Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States.

I thought there was an obvious implied "about the Yankees percentage of ownership" at the end of my sentence. But given where you've taken this I'll stop quoting you after this and feel free to message me privately.

Are you sure she wasn't pointing at a roll of the leading brand cellophane tape?
Normally that'd be a good guess but proven wrong when she later pointed at it and said, "Daddy drink this now."

Reactions: ferrarinycfc
Interesting article but a bit depressing. :cry:. some ideas are works of art but sadly were never nor will never be built in our lifetime. Maybe in another planet when mankind destroys our beautiful Earth.

Some fascinating concepts. Not sure how the airport in midtown would have ended up though.....

This is the first time I think ive seen an actual design concept of the proposed stadium in Queens.

akrales_170913_1979_0050.jpg

Wow. We've had political intrigue, leaked emails, long lost renderings. It's the most actual news on this thead in... well ever. Maybe we can revert the thread back to its original name "Stadium News" before we got so frustrated it was re-named "Stadium Discussion" to be more honest about the content.

Wow. We've had political intrigue, leaked emails, long lost renderings. It's the most actual news on this thead in... well ever. Maybe we can revert the thread back to its original name "Stadium News" before we got so frustrated it was re-named "Stadium Discussion" to be more honest about the content.

Well the peak discussion now is stuff from 2013. Essentially, NYCFC has everything in place now. A mayor in his second term that has a son who will nag him about the team, a borough president, and city council member all on board. Now it's just a question of whether the Mets will sell a piece of the private parking lot land or whether we'll need to go public and use the Willets Points land. I can see something announced with the next 6-12 months.

Some fascinating concepts. Not sure how the airport in midtown would have ended up though.....

This is the first time I think ive seen an actual design concept of the proposed stadium in Queens.

akrales_170913_1979_0050.jpg
I saw this on twitter and it was the first time I saw something on twitter talking about the stadium and didn't go yeah yeah fuck off. I was more impressed of how nice it looked.... it's gotten to the point where renderings get me excited.

I saw this on twitter and it was the first time I saw something on twitter talking about the stadium and didn't go yeah yeah fuck off. I was more impressed of how nice it looked.... it's gotten to the point where renderings get me excited.

Well none of us have mixdebated in a while, we're all a little frustrated.