Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Are you also against the plastic pigeon on top of the poles keeping the tricolor net up? Because if so, you should change your avatar.

No, I actually preferred live birds, animals, nature and healthy ecosystems. NOT plastic lawn ornaments, perhaps a mini or to scale bronze Pigeon statue would better go with the jerryrigged goal net. At least they could've used matching tape to make it even more tacky, pun intended. LOL!

multi-colored-duck-adhesives-tape-240686-64_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
It’s cool, guys. The pitcher’s mound can stay. Just make sure we switch to either white corner flag poles with blue flags or blue poles with white flags.

But the pitcher’s mound can stay.

engine, engine - 46,

See, you get exactly what I'm talking about. It ALL matters, a bunch of shitty nuances start adding up and amounting to a lot of cheesy crap that I'm personally fead up with. Not to mention the yearly inconsistencies regarding the marketing of this New York team and franchise.

It's very simple white goalposts, white lines, white flagpoles. Consistency!

3/1/2018 Arsenal vs Man City: Emirates Stadium pitch lines painted blue to combat London snow. :confused:

Don't get me started over freaking blue colored synthetic turf. :eek:

As you speak of the pitcher’s mound, why doesn't it have an NYCFC Monogram Logo tarp on it during the Soccer matches?

The-goal-line-marked-out-in-blue-paint.jpg 925985544.jpg news_238755_1.jpg

No, but some things just stay with you.
Prop Garbowski just don’t work.

ETA: lemme add this - seen folks in media say that the Wire doesn’t resonate or have the same impact any more.

I will say to those morons that they don’t understand what The Wire is really about. And it ain’t drugs. Fucking dimwits. It’s insulting to people who’ve considered the world and perspectives beyond limousine liberalism.

Prop Garbowski just don’t work.

ETA: lemme add this - seen folks in media say that the Wire doesn’t resonate or have the same impact any more.

I will say to those morons that they don’t understand what The Wire is really about. And it ain’t drugs. Fucking dimwits. It’s insulting to people who’ve considered the world and perspectives beyond limousine liberalism.
Really? I haven’t seen that. I also watched it a few years after it ended. Hadn’t lost anything by then, for sure.
It’s to Simon’s credit that he created a work that validates worldviews completely opposite his own. It’s to his discredit that this appears to have caught him off-guard until it happened.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Really? I haven’t seen that. I also watched it a few years after it ended. Hadn’t lost anything by then, for sure.
It’s to Simon’s credit that he created a work that validates worldviews completely opposite his own. It’s to his discredit that this appears to have caught him off-guard until it happened.
Haven’t seen the “the Wire” isn’t relevant anymore articles, you mean?

I’ll try to find some examples tomorrow or when I remember and have some luck.

Hard to tell what I say is true, because Simon and Burns always kind of said it was about corners and drugs, etc.

My argument is more that even if that’s what they intended, they did so well documenting reality, it’s right in front of you that it’s not about drugs.

Drugs is a symptom, not the root cause. Too many people just dismiss the Wire as an “amazing show” about the “crack epidemic”.

I’m crediting it more by claiming it to be far more important as art (effectuating) a breaking of the hearts of the assholes holding power in places like Baltimore or, as is near to my heart, Jackson.

Yep. Now I’m fully off the rails. Stadium thread wins. Sheeeittt.

I think many of those people became the Breaking Bad groupies. As great as Breaking Bad was, it's not The Wire.

(Man, we used to build shit in this thread. Make shit.)
wire was better. Breaking bad was the best ever at taking a character that you cheer for and love and turning him to pure evil. Outside of wrestling I never thought it could be done so well.