Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Why wouldn't it be true? In fact, that's the commissioner being very conservative and putting it very politely.

Local corruption is rampant in NYC and NYS politics, until we're an actual priority, nothing will happen, Exhibit A - Melinda Katz. Club is lying to its fans to continue the money grab.

Why wouldn't it be true? In fact, that's the commissioner being very conservative and putting it very politely.

Local corruption is rampant in NYC and NYS politics, until we're an actual priority, nothing will happen, Exhibit A - Melinda Katz. Club is lying to its fans to continue the money grab.
I’m not advocating it isn’t true, because it probably is considering the bush league PR the team/league has put out in the past, but first rule of good damage control is set the bar low and then look like a hero when the situation improves/ends favorably.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Can't find clips from that show anywhere.

I tried looking myself but couldn't either.

Listen, the club can or not say what they want, but they're not winning season ticket holders proceeding in the way they are. I'm pretty tired of hearing "we've made progress" without something tangible.

I love the club, but if we don't hear anything by the end of the year, I'm done.

Reactions: Rimil and adam
I tried looking myself but couldn't either.

Listen, the club can or not say what they want, but they're not winning season ticket holders proceeding in the way they are. I'm pretty tired of hearing "we've made progress" without something tangible.

I love the club, but if we don't hear anything by the end of the year, I'm done.

I’m not “done” because I want my place in line. But our tickets are selling for half price on the secondary market. That’s just not right. I think I’ll switch to one SS ticket to hold my place. And then upgrade once they have some actual news and a timeframe.

Apparently this is where Tony saw the Garber quote:

After Miami, I do not believe anything positive or negative that Don Garber says publicly about stadiums or expansion.

What? He's going to say something positive and give a timeline or indication that ends up with us unable to deliver due to the crazy real estate market in this city? No, he's not. He can't say he can't comment on the matter, so he's saying what he's been saying since 2015 or so.

My opinion on the stadium status is unchanged and still expecting an announcement within 6-18 months, which is based on the 2017 elections and public statements by Katz, Moya and the Willets Point development council creation.

My impressions of the WP chatter thus far are that it's a promising option, but the process would have to play out for quite a while before we get anywhere close to deal fruition or concrete (NPI) plans. DG's statements for whatever they are worth (which is probably not much) are not way off from that reality.

There's certainly a lot of smoke. CFG is also spending money on things like architecture and design consultants. It seems silly to spend a good chunk of change on those things when you don't have a site in mind.

It would be like hiring an architect and a landscape design artist when you don't know if you are buying a home in Manhattan, Greenwich, the Hamptons or Iowa.

After Miami, I do not believe anything positive or negative that Don Garber says publicly about stadiums or expansion.

What? He's going to say something positive and give a timeline or indication that ends up with us unable to deliver due to the crazy real estate market in this city? No, he's not. He can't say he can't comment on the matter, so he's saying what he's been saying since 2015 or so.

My opinion on the stadium status is unchanged and still expecting an announcement within 6-18 months, which is based on the 2017 elections and public statements by Katz, Moya and the Willets Point development council creation.

He could say "I know they are working hard on a few options" "There's no timeline at the moment" That he chose to say it could be a long time out, that's disturbing.

I’m not “done” because I want my place in line. But our tickets are selling for half price on the secondary market. That’s just not right. I think I’ll switch to one SS ticket to hold my place. And then upgrade once they have some actual news and a timeframe.
To me, the million dollar (or at least few thousand a year) question is this:

If you have two founding seats and your turn comes up to pick seats in a new stadium, will they are you to buy 4 seats.

My gut overwhelmingly says, "yes!"

I think I'm dropping my 4 secondary to 2 in the SS next year.

Reactions: adam

He got in front of an outside media camera and fielded a question on it, so I’ll give him credit for being the one to do something the club should be, even if it’s a relative non-answer.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD

If you have two founding seats and your turn comes up to pick seats in a new stadium, will they are you to buy 4 seats.

2 seasons ago I spoke to a rep. He said that if pick up extra seats (not founders), technically you have to pick those later. But if they have you on the phone and you own let's say 6 tickets and 2 are founders, they will probably just let you pick all 6 together. That's not official and that I don't think that rep is even employed anymore. But I also doubt there will be many founding members left by the time we get to year 10.

Speaking of which, how many original 3,000 original founding members do we think still have STs?

They might but they can't allow this without limits. There are 16k season tickets now, as best as we can figure. When they finally announce a stadium I am fairly sure they will push to sell more in advance of the opening with the promise that if you buy STs now, you guarantee your spot. Maybe they push it back up to 20k season tickets sold like they briefly had at the end of 2015. Then they build a 26k or 28k stadium. They can't let the first 10k of existing season tickets buy 20k seats and then freeze out at least 4k or so worth of seat promises. So maybe they let the earliest founders do it until the math says they have to stop, or maybe they don't do it at all.
2 seasons ago I spoke to a rep. He said that if pick up extra seats (not founders), technically you have to pick those later. But if they have you on the phone and you own let's say 6 tickets and 2 are founders, they will probably just let you pick all 6 together. That's not official and that I don't think that rep is even employed anymore. But I also doubt there will be many founding members left by the time we get to year 10.

It sounds like your conversation was about something different. You asked if you have 2 founding year seats and add on now, can you make the seat selection for all of them together. That's easier for the club to accommodate than what Fred is wondering about, which is can you add on when the stadium comes before the non-Founders but existing STHs who came after you (or even later Founders) get their chance.

I think if you want to add seats when the stadium opens you add them as soon as they announce and hope that they accommodate to put them all together.

Speaking of which, how many original 3,000 original founding members do we think still have STs?

All 20k season tickets from 2015 are considered Founders for pricing purposes, and I think get the account holders name on the wall whenever if they last. My guess is that of the first 3000 accounts, which probably means around 5-7k seats, 2,500 are still open. Of the first 20k, though, I bet it is down near 12k. I think the churn in the earliest accounts is much lower than the later ones, but that is very much a guess.