Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I expect an announcement of some positive stadium news strategically released within moments of the announcement of PV's departure.
Well, acording to Nick Chavez via the New York City Football Podcast via his “trusted source” we may be getting more leaked renderings of the Harlem River Yards Stadium sooner than later. For what it’s worth. Something about a “360 degree, around the whole stadium” shot or something. Apparently it will show the potential supporters sections and it will be massive.

I love renderings just like anyone else, so of course this excites me. But to what end is the point of the leaks? I’m a complete and total stadium-head and love the architecture and planning and all that. I just really REALLY hope that we aren’t wallowing for eternity in false hopes. I know, I’m preaching to the choir here. I just want a real home for the club damnit!

Well, acording to Nick Chavez via the New York City Football Podcast via his “trusted source” we may be getting more leaked renderings of the Harlem River Yards Stadium sooner than later. For what it’s worth. Something about a “360 degree, around the whole stadium” shot or something. Apparently it will show the potential supporters sections and it will be massive.
LOL

FWIW

Nick's around the organization a lot and said last year that NYCFC might make an announcement by the end of the 1st quarter of 2018. Not sure if he's just banking on his own prognostication.

I love renderings just like anyone else, so of course this excites me. But to what end is the point of the leaks? I’m a complete and total stadium-head and love the architecture and planning and all that. I just really REALLY hope that we aren’t wallowing for eternity in false hopes. I know, I’m preaching to the choir here. I just want a real home for the club damnit!
If there is, in fact, a leak of the HRY renderings, it will clearly be for one or more ulterior motives, whether it's selective distraction for PV leaving and/or tranquilizing general unrest. It's too early in the proposal process for there to be a more legitimate motive for the share. I would welcome it as it would be cool to see, and I am not so worked up about the delay. But it wouldn't suggest that we are any closer to the light at the end of the stadium tunnel.

However, if it were news about another location that is not in the pre-proposal stage, while the motives likely would be the same, it could be just a little bit more interesting.

Harlem River Yards isn't going to happen. Cuomo will shut it down.

Want Harlem River Yards? Don't vote Cuomo!

Reactions: Kjbert
Huh? Why? Up until your post, I thought conventional wisdom was that Cuomo was onboard with HRY development?

A governor eyeing the presidency isn't in the mindset to build a stadium. He likely wants a big "FU" to de Blasio and go full housing on that site with a lot of affordable housing.

I can't wait for the announcement of the MGM/CFG collab in Yonkers.

Reactions: Kjbert
A governor eyeing the presidency isn't in the mindset to build a stadium. He likely wants a big "FU" to de Blasio and go full housing on that site with a lot of affordable housing.
Couldn't a big FU to de Blasio be the stadium in the city that BdB has already shut down? And getting it done via the state and not the city?

what it’s worth. Something about a “360 degree, around the whole stadium” shot
I’m ashamed to admit I listened to this pod because it’s on the NYCFC NATION stream and landing in my “listen next” queue while I was busy playing FIFA.

IIRC, he didn’t specify Harlem River yards, and he said the renderings show a 360 degree video screen around the outside (The latter may be a misunderstanding on my part. Well, so could the former I guess, but feel more confident about that one.).

I’m ashamed to admit I listened to this pod because it’s on the NYCFC NATION stream and landing in my “listen next” queue while I was busy playing FIFA.
With you here. The original is great, the new one makes me want to stick scissors in my ears. I can't believe I made it all the way through last week's where they combined the two.