Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I still maintain it's going to be the Bronx site.

The organization wants the site, because it's the best in the city.

The city wants to unload those garages and GAL wants out of his outdated building and into his new facility

I guess it's just a matter of time before they all pass around the numbers to make everybody satisfied and finagle it so everyone looks to be the winner.
I hope this happens. It is the perfect site relatively speaking.

Evidence please.
Well, come back near the end of next year's baseball season and I'll probably have some!

More seriously though, not sure we'll be able to get our hands on season ticket sales number by team by year but we can certainly get ticket sales numbers and see what the lag is. It's a really useful measure if we can get the data. For example, you can see what Apple spends on manufacturing real estate and equipment and then also see an almost one to one correlation with production in the next quarter. That's how some analysts (well, the good ones) make predictions about how many iPhones will be made, and when new models might come out.

I'll have to look for season ticket sales numbers and see if those are available.

Reactions: TabascoDiva
Personally hate the way this is being reported. They are REFUNDABLE deposits and a pittance to invest in. Not sure how accurate those numbers will be once ATL rolls out.
But even if they get only a 30% sell-through rate (ie 70% get their deposits refunded) at 2 seats average per deposit, that's 14k season tickets on opening day. That's good.

I'm a little skeptical. Isn't Atlanta in general known for having terrible attendance (lack of sellouts at Braves and Hawks playoff games, the hockey team leaving town, etc)?
You're correct. It's a football city unless the braves are winning (which they haven't been).

I think that we need to look at the willets points site in queens.

The mets ownership can only build another stadium in the parking lot where they wanted to build a mall . There was some talk (story in the NY times) that sterling (mets ownership) had approached NYCFC ownership about joint development of the willets point site.

Have not heard anything in over a month but it's just something to keep in mind.

But even if they get only a 30% sell-through rate (ie 70% get their deposits refunded) at 2 seats average per deposit, that's 14k season tickets on opening day. That's good.
Even though they phrase it as deposits, it's actually deposits for seats. So they probably have around 7-8k individual deposits requesting 21k seats.

Well, come back near the end of next year's baseball season and I'll probably have some!

More seriously though, not sure we'll be able to get our hands on season ticket sales number by team by year but we can certainly get ticket sales numbers and see what the lag is. It's a really useful measure if we can get the data. For example, you can see what Apple spends on manufacturing real estate and equipment and then also see an almost one to one correlation with production in the next quarter. That's how some analysts (well, the good ones) make predictions about how many iPhones will be made, and when new models might come out.

I'll have to look for season ticket sales numbers and see if those are available.

Look at Toronto this year -- the lag was basically zero days. They got some players, got hot and attendance went through the roof!

Reactions: Kjbert
Look at Toronto this year -- the lag was basically zero days. They got some players, got hot and attendance went through the roof!
Can't disagree with that, and that's a large factor. I think that's two different things though. Getting a few key good players to fill holes you have in the lineup, similar to what the Mets did this year, is sort of like weather. Average season ticket sales over a number of years is maybe like climate. Attendance will have ups and downs, but season ticket sales trends are more of what we're talking about here.

Guessing how many season tickets they will actually sell from those deposits is hard. Soccer in this country is weird, judging by other teams, if it becomes a fad or a sub-culture thing, they can pick up alot of fans.. Even if other sports don't sell well etc.

Hope they make the stadium in Staten Island!!! But Ill take Queens, I think that would be a good nest for this team to create life long supporters

Hope they make the stadium in Staten Island!!! But Ill take Queens, I think that would be a good nest for this team to create life long supporters
nahh. SI is mad far for EVERYONE not from the Shaolin. East queens doesnt really have the population densitity or the subway to support the stadium