Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I actually like the food in new Yankee Stadium. Cheesesteaks are great. Lots of better options.

I think Barclays has done food the best out of all the local arenas/stadiums. Lots of local shops, tons of different selection, high end options like wine and sushi even available right across from a place that you can get chicken fingers and fries. And my favorite thing is their all you can eat tickets. NYCFC offered us access to Delta for food as an add-on, but that's much different then being able to go to any kiosk, show them your ticket and order whatever you want on the menu (aside from alcohol). Oh, and we have to have a Boomer & Cartons (even if they give us no love on the radio), their sandwiches are the best.

I think Barclays has done food the best out of all the local arenas/stadiums. Lots of local shops, tons of different selection, high end options like wine and sushi even available right across from a place that you can get chicken fingers and fries. And my favorite thing is their all you can eat tickets. NYCFC offered us access to Delta for food as an add-on, but that's much different then being able to go to any kiosk, show them your ticket and order whatever you want on the menu (aside from alcohol). Oh, and we have to have a Boomer & Cartons (even if they give us no love on the radio), their sandwiches are the best.

I've done this a couple of times and hard to go to Barclays and do anything else. It's an amazing option.

I didn't see the sign, but it was probably true.

I have a friend who lives in Chicago. I was teasing her about making the trip out to Toyota Park to see the game when NYCFC came to town last year. I recall specifically telling her it would be a win-win situation, because soccer is way better than baseball (she's a huge White Sox fan), she'd get to see NYCFC and the best part would be the $2 beer special (when I went to the Fire web page to check ticket availability they made mention of the $2 beer promo for that game).

Toyota Park is SO far outside of Chicago. I travel there for work about once every 6 weeks. Had a meeting down by Toyota Park. From downtown Chicago, it's 45 minutes on a good day - 90 minutes on most days. And the suburbs are almost in Indiana in that area.

The stadium would have been better off in the Northern Suburbs.

Reactions: Paul
Got this down the pipeline... Haven't been paying as much attention to this thread as its a lot of hoping and dreaming so not sure if it was covered...
Not zoned for residential and just sold for 48 Million. Yankees did ask for a credit increase for non-baseball operations.
Buyer is Atlas Capital Group.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-island-city-site-said-to-sell-for-48-million
The person who passed it along said that Atlas have been rumored to be working with Yankees/NYCFC.
Close to public transportation as well.
If you use images please link back to us.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

Last edited:
Got this down the pipeline... Haven't been paying as much attention to this thread as its a lot of hoping and dreaming so not sure if it was covered...
Not zoned for residential and just sold for 48 Million. Yankees did ask for a credit increase for non-baseball operations.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-island-city-site-said-to-sell-for-48-million
The person who passed it along said that Atlas have been rumored to be working with Yankees/NYCFC.
View attachment 4320
View attachment 4321
The plot thickens...

Reactions: Kjbert
View attachment 4320
View attachment 4321
6 minute walk to closest 7 stop. 10 minute walk to Vernon Avenue stop which is closer to bars etc. Easy access to LIE and Mid-Town tunnel but no idea where anyone would park.

Reactions: Kjbert