Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
If they build in Queens, I will drop my tickets once they leave Yankee Stadium. Queens is only convenient for Long Island Suburbs. You will lose Westchester and Connecticut and New Jersey.

You want to maintain this as New York's soccer team? Build it on Manhattan Island or the Bronx. Only centrally located spots.

I guess it really boils down to what everybody is used to. Being from Staten Island, I can't even begin to count how many times over the years I've made the trip on the ferry into lower Manhattan and then hopped the subway to The Garden, Yankee Stadium or Shea Stadium/Citi Field. It's just no biggie to me, but as they say ymmv.

Yankee Stadium is ideal. Flushing Meadows would only be a pain in the ass if the don't run the #7 as an express like they do for the Mets (but still most doable). And if I read the MTA schedule/map correctly, the Aqueduct site doesn't seem so bad for me either.

Queens is shit. Thry need it in brooklyn or bronx. Like make a sports pier by the brooklyn bridge and make stadium

Governors Island, Red Hook, Brooklyn Navy Yard all have enough space and would have manhattan skyline as the backdrop......... they also won't build at any of those lol

You know, a person can decide that they don't want to sell at any price. GAL may not want to move and risk losing the business in the move.

Of course, this may be a negotiating tactic by NYCFC (to both GAL and the Bronx powers that be) that they're perfectly content with not putting up with their bs and take their dollars/ development/etc elsewhere.

Kills Connecticut, Westchester and rockland counties. It is ten minutes from the bridges if there is no traffic, which is never the case in LI. At best you have 30 minutes to go ten miles. At worst it could be over an hour from those bridges.

And forget public transport.

I really hope this is a negotiating move.

It's not LI, the aqueduct area is in Queens, and by car it's super easy to get there, even from Weschester. The only people really screwed are those living in Manhattan.

It wouldn't be the worst location, but I prefer they go elsewhere, as much as I like the idea of it being in Queens.

Reactions: einwindir and ozgie
If they build in Queens, I will drop my tickets once they leave Yankee Stadium. Queens is only convenient for Long Island Suburbs. You will lose Westchester and Connecticut and New Jersey.

You want to maintain this as New York's soccer team? Build it on Manhattan Island or the Bronx. Only centrally located spots.
100% right. Its shit. It doesnt have a ny feel to it. Aqueduct is even worse.

I have no idea where you lived, but Queens definitely has a NYC feel to it. It's the pinnacle of NYC life and what it's really like, just like being deep in Brooklyn. Queens is the most diverse area IN THE WORLD. That's NYC.

Anyway, that's all irrelevant. I would love a stadium in Queens, but I'm also good with a stadium anywhere else. As long as it makes sense for fans, and provides a great soccer experience. People are getting too selfish and bent out of shape over this.

For those of us that drive, getting to a Friday night game would be next to impossible after work. I'd have to take half a day off. There is a reason so many of us in Manhattan and Brooklyn don't go to RB games very often as it is. I would love Bronx or one of the Piers (35, where Basketball City is, would be OK too, but only the F is close) , but this location would probably have my wife not going and wanting to discontinue our family's tickets. Hoping for the best though.

For those of us that drive, getting to a Friday night game would be next to impossible after work. I'd have to take half a day off. There is a reason so many of us in Manhattan and Brooklyn don't go to RB games very often as it is. I would love Bronx or one of the Piers, but this location would probably have my wife not going and wanting to discontinue our family's tickets. Hoping for the best though.

Weekday games in this location would be suppose difficult for me as well. I guess I could drive to the stadium area and leave my car there in the morning, jump on the A into Manhattan, then back out to the stadium for the game. Would be a big PITA, but I'm willing to do it.

This story frustrates me so much. With all the money MCFC's owners have and the Yankees have, a few million one way or another to deal with GAL's relocation should be no issue, especially to build another cash cow stadium in the Bronx, utilizing Yankee Stadium's parking and mass transit infrastructure, offices, etc. I PRAY that this is a negotiation tactic, and the Bronx site, or a pier-side site in Manhattan can be found.

But, if we're going to talk alternate sites -- Why not talk about Belmont Park and the NY Cosmos' plan? Couldn't Cosmos and NYCFC co-habitate at a gorgeous new 25,000 seater park, using Belmont Park's LIRR station and buses to nearby F and E Trains as the mass-transit option? The MLS and NASL season schedules probably could intermingle without too much issue, other than both wanting prime Saturday night matches.

Other than the Cosmos being butt-hurt over NYCFC being chosen as the MLS team last year, their in-limbo project could sure use the push NYCFC's owners cash could provide. And Belmont Park sure could use the re-development dollars.

Personally, being from Connecticut, I'd love a Westchester County stadium site and training ground. But that's not NYC.[/QUO
I know its not ideal for people coming from the north but there is real talk of demolishing Aqueduct racetrack. NY State would allow Resorts World to expand and develop. NYRA would winterize Belmont. They would extend the race meet at Saratoga. (Applause from upstate) The Cosmos proposal already has political and community support. If the holdout landlord in the Bronx is not bluffing then this site is in play. New LIRR station. 9 restaurants. Hotel. Shopping. Highways. Parking. Cuomo wants NYRA to stand on its own financially and this is a perfect play. I bet they even share sales tax between city and Nassau because the border is vague. They have the money to buy off or share with Cosmos. I'm not in favor but why wasn't Cosmos proposal announced yet?

Not to bust your buble from the CT and Westchester area (i know there are bunch of you in the forum) but the aqueduct site is smack dab in the middle of one of the most populated areas in the world. http://www.newgeography.com/content/002157-the-accelerating-suburbanization-new-york

Queens and kings county are about 4million combined while Bronx and westchester are only 2.5 million combined. Nassau county is more populated than westchester and Connecticut suberbs. And Suffolk has another 1.5 mil. I agree it would lose NJ people but they have red bulls right there already. CT people are not too far over the bridges as other people have said. As for public transit which I am more inclined to take being a drinker. Beefing up existing service is much easier than building new service.

T
Not to bust your buble from the CT and Westchester area (i know there are bunch of you in the forum) but the aqueduct site is smack dab in the middle of one of the most populated areas in the world. http://www.newgeography.com/content/002157-the-accelerating-suburbanization-new-york

Queens and kings county are about 4million combined while Bronx and westchester are only 2.5 million combined. Nassau county is more populated than westchester and Connecticut suberbs. And Suffolk has another 1.5 mil. I agree it would lose NJ people but they have red bulls right there already. CT people are not too far over the bridges as other people have said. As for public transit which I am more inclined to take being a drinker. Beefing up existing service is much easier than building new service.
hey shoyld make a new line from the stadium through queens and to the bronx

Add another current season ticket holder that would drop out if they go to Queens. Yep, I am from CT and as much as this may be close to major highways, bridges etc. any stadium will have to be near a metro north / easily assessable subway like (like Yankee Stadium) because there is no way in hell I would ever drive to a game...I will only take mass transit. I have a bunch of friends here in CT that would also drop their season tickets fwiw

Bronx or bust IMO....too bad they couldn't secure the westside yards land which is now apartments under construction