Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
So they left Manhattanville to go down the road to Purchase? ... How is that local resident board of wahoos not blocking this too? It's literally a 1/4 mile down the road.

P.S. Still building a training ground (even a temp one) in Westchester = the Bronx is where it's at. Their eggs are in that basket. I'm not worried about the stadium.

Reactions: Goodfella and Gene
Personally, I think the Aqueduct rumor is a bargaining ploy by NYCFC/MLS to get GAL Elevator back to the table. Bits & pieces that I've read said the owners of GAL a-greed a price and then backed out looking for more $$$.

Every rumored location has to be taken with a grain of salt and yes, the final decision will leave some happy and some sad. Is what it is.

Second point, there are merits to both tailgates and pregaming in bars. Me? I'm a bar guy, but everybody just do you and hopefully the stadium will wind up in a spot that offers both alternatives. In the interim, I'll be enjoying my 10 minute ride on MetroNorth to Yankee Stadium followed by sexy jams and douchey pre-games in the bars nearby. See ya in March!

Tailgating is permitted in parking lots at Yankee stadium and Citifield with conditions. NO alcohol. NO open flames. Party on!

Reactions: Kjbert
Tailgating is permitted in parking lots at Yankee stadium and Citifield with conditions. NO alcohol. NO open flames. Party on!

The conditions being that one cannot actually tailgate, but may simply have a light snack.

As an alum of an SEC school, I declare that version of tailgating to be anathema. Let no one participate in such an evil perversion of tailgating.

ive tailgated at every game ive ever been to ...Yankees, mets, Giants etc. You just gotta be respectful and nobody will have a problem. I once cooked using a charcoal grill on the top floor of a parking structure outside YS and when security came over, I asked him if he wanted a burger. Then he left.

Reactions: Goodfella
My aunts have Yankee season tickets. We park every single day in the GAL lot. Drink all the time, no cups. Cops come to our tailgate when they're off duty now. The parking attendants help themselves too. Don't park in a garage, that's all.

Reactions: 413Blue
So any news on the practice facility other than this tweet from the head of Everton's American scouting program?

Has NYCFC said anything? Odd silence if they are already building it.
I'm sure we'll hear about it soon enough. I bet they just wanna wait till its definitely a done deal. Don't wanna repeat what happened with Manhattanville

I'm sure we'll hear about it soon enough. I bet they just wanna wait till its definitely a done deal. Don't wanna repeat what happened with Manhattanville
Done deal? Doesn't the picture show a clearing a field for a pitch? I'm pretty sure they are well past the stage where the Manhattanville tree-huggers get involved. Unless its clip art.

Bronx is ideal. Its in some what would say New York City Proper. We know many in the boroughs refer to Manhattan as the City, there the stadium would be great. (I always pictured a stadium like Atletico;s vicente calderon in the city where the west side highway or FDR would go underneath one section of the stadium and the rest on the pier (http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/spain/madrid/madrid_vicente_calderon1.jpg)

But that seems far from happening, Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, and Queens have so much waterfront for this (sorry staten island, you guys are cool you make it to Yankees and Mets game, but for the rest of folks Verazzano is too far, and majority of New Yorkers don't own cars or might get sick in the ferry)

Look at the Cosmo, they are out in Long Island, they can't even get a large fan base there. (South Bronx, is the closest space where negotiations are happening, and cheaper I think than either Queens or Brooklyn waterfront views) We know that Brooklyn waterfront will be hard, as you've noticed they even try putting a new apartments development with low income, and got rejected by community. Queens waterfront would be good, but LIC is getting pricier.

Randall's Island would be great, but lacks the necessary public transportation (subways).

NYCFC shouldn't share stadium with NYRB, even though its a nice stadium. The stadium's top priority should be that its built near public transportation (that spot in south bronx has 6 trains that go there (Eastside of Manhattan - 4 ,5, West Side 2, ,D, B and Metro North. Ideal for commuters.)

This new site in Queen's is inconvenient for us that only have one train to get there, and the idea of riding a bus to it is ridiculous as driving during rush hour there.
That's a gorgeous stadium. I'm on board with you for saying that NYCFC should try and make something along these lines.

It was the Yonkers business that I had never heard before. Think it's too far out but we'll see.

I hear there's an opportunity to purchase a great site in Harrison New Jersey. Already developed, no construction costs ;)

As someone coming down from the Hudson River Valley, I wouldn't hate the Yonkers site as much as many city people might, but still I wouldn't put too much stuck into it. I don't expect a "sports economist... of Vanderbilt University [Nashville, TN]" to understand the kind of backlash putting the stadium in Yonkers would have among fans in the city. Plus the endorsement of the Mayor doesn't mean much, why wouldn't he support a project to bring that kind of money into his area, even if it is far-fetched?

Reactions: Goodfella
As someone coming down from the Hudson River Valley, I wouldn't hate the Yonkers site as much as many city people might, but still I wouldn't put too much stuck into it. I don't expect a "sports economist... of Vanderbilt University [Nashville, TN]" to understand the kind of backlash putting the stadium in Yonkers would have among fans in the city. Plus the endorsement of the Mayor doesn't mean much, why wouldn't he support a project to bring that kind of money into his area, even if it is far-fetched?

Well, it's nice to have a site other than Yankee stadium for NYCFC to point to as a possibility in negotiations with the sites in the Bronx, etc. I don't think Yonkers would be popular, nor would it do well for "5 boroughs 1 city slogan"

Reactions: CP_Scouse