• Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters

Been saving this for this message!

giphy.gif

Interesting

Still think we get an announcement after the election.

Elections are in November. They are sworn in in January.

I think we will have to wait until 2018.

I'm going to assume nothing happens until DeBlasio finishes his second term and be pleasantly surprised if something happens before then.

Front office just needs to have some sort of contingency in place if we get booted next year. If that means we play 6-8 games at Citi Field next year in fine with that. I'd also love to see a more balanced schedule where were not playing 3 home games in March you start the year.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume nothing happens until DeBlasio finishes his second term and be pleasantly surprised if something happens before then.

Front office just needs to have some sort of contingency in place if we get booted next year. If that means we play 6-8 games at Citi Field meet year in fine with that. I'd also love to see a more balanced schedule where were not playing 3 home games in March you start the year.

Yup. Give us assigned seats in both stadiums (we can do the whole pick seats by time we signed up again). Split the home games between both, allowing us a balanced schedule. Even give us dates that could be subject to change before the season starts. Totally cool with that if it's set up ahead of time. I'm really just annoyed at this Willy nilly approach to it all.

Yup. Give us assigned seats in both stadiums (we can do the whole pick seats by time we signed up again). Split the home games between both, allowing us a balanced schedule. Even give us dates that could be subject to change before the season starts. Totally cool with that if it's set up ahead of time. I'm really just annoyed at this Willy nilly approach to it all.

To add to that, Yankees and Mets alternate home series most of the time so NYCFC could really play any time.

Front office just needs to have some sort of contingency in place if we get booted next year. If that means we play 6-8 games at Citi Field next year in fine with that. I'd also love to see a more balanced schedule where were not playing 3 home games in March you start the year.
I've been thinking about this a lot. The better schedule would be great for one thing, but we could also presumably expand our fan base, which could be huge for the future makeup of NY metro soccer support.
If course, both stadiums are relatively equal commutes to me, so it doesn't matter much to me.

I've been thinking about this a lot. The better schedule would be great for one thing, but we could also presumably expand our fan base, which could be huge for the future makeup of NY metro soccer support.
If course, both stadiums are relatively equal commutes to me, so it doesn't matter much to me.

I like that. The expanded fan base is a nice side affect. The club can even offer YS only or Citi only ticket packages to target those markets specifically and bump STs for each venue.

I like that. The expanded fan base is a nice side affect. The club can even offer YS only or Citi only ticket packages to target those markets specifically and bump STs for each venue.

Very cool idea. Half season plans depending on where they're playing.

Side note, and with all the indecisiveness about where the playoff games are going to be held, do they actually think they're going to sell any tickets to non-season ticket holders?

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Looking forwards to reading detailed reports on Citi Field.

Only thing I noticed was the seats behind the left on tv goal seemed to be angled very weirdly.

Reactions: Kjbert
Looking forwards to reading detailed reports on Citi Field.

Only thing I noticed was the seats behind the left on tv goal seemed to be angled very weirdly.
The seats near both foul poles, the ones in foul territory on the baselines, face towards the pitcher’s mound. Makes sense for baseball but is definitely a little odd for soccer. Basically Citi Field is a baseball-specific stadium.

Reactions: Ulrich