Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Disagree. Not sure anything was marred. If it was, it was by fans hijacking a celebration of the players and coaches.

I am all for stadium pressure. However, today, let the team have one more day of fun.
He came off like a buffoon. What a cocktease

For those of us that missed it, short explanation?
Fans yelling “we want a stadium”
He responded “I’m getting to that”
Kept repeating that as he went through his thank yous.

And then he goes…”wait for it, wait for it, it’s coming. Who wants a stadium! Let’s go!”

From there, lots of thank yous, including the Yankee goons that were there. He talked about two primary goals for this Club - winning trophies and a stadium.

“And two. Build a stadium! Our players and our fans deserve both. And I’m here today to promise you that we will not stop pursuing trophies and we will definitely build you a Stadoum. It’s coming guys.”

it wasn’t received well.

Reactions: danger and canchon
Fans yelling “we want a stadium”
He responded “I’m getting to that”
Kept repeating that as he went through his thank yous.

And then he goes…”wait for it, wait for it, it’s coming. Who wants a stadium! Let’s go!”

From there, lots of thank yous, including the Yankee goons that were there. He talked about two primary goals for this Club - winning trophies and a stadium.

“And two. Build a stadium! Our players and our fans deserve both. And I’m here today to promise you that we will not stop pursuing trophies and we will definitely build you a Stadoum. It’s coming guys.”

it wasn’t received well.

thank god levine didn't think he needed/deserved to go up to the podium to speak. it could have really ruined the day.

Maybe it was just a de Blasio issue for the Yankees and they didn't want to consummate the deal until the new administration commenced. It was peculiar how they found some 12th hour excuse to scuttle the deal. Remember that de Blasio is a Red Sox fan and renowned Yankees hater. Levine is a petty a-hole. Let's hope it simply was a personal thing and we are back in business in a few weeks. (I'm just working on a spin that makes me feel better here).

Maybe it was just a de Blasio issue for the Yankees and they didn't want to consummate the deal until the new administration commenced. It was peculiar how they found some 12th hour excuse to scuttle the deal. Remember that de Blasio is a Red Sox fan and renowned Yankees hater. Levine is a petty a-hole. Let's hope it simply was a personal thing and we are back in business in a few weeks. (I'm just working on a spin that makes me feel better here).
We've been on that hopium/copium since 2014.

This is obviously reason for optimism. He didn't just give a typical non-statement like "we will evaluate all options that can bring opportunity to our citizens" or something bland, vague and non-specific.

Reactions: Victors87
i find it interesting that they are throwing around a capacity number of 25k. i would think if we had our own stadium, we could easily fill 30k.
Even in a best case scenario the footprint of the Project is probably going to be a tough fit for a soccer stadium

Reactions: Kjbert and Shwafta
Even in a best case scenario the footprint of the Project is probably going to be a tough fit for a soccer stadium

From the sound of it, anything that gets approved is going to include community/neighborhood development. Surely they can find room to fit another 5k in. Also, if we follow the trend and do a safe standing area, I think it's be awesome if it's the largest in MLS.

Anybody have an idea how many people are in the supporter section at ys?

Reactions: Kjbert