Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
The Jets couldn't do it, but NYCFC are? I know everyone is still hyped about the cup, but this sounds so far fetched. Now the Citi Field parking lot sounds like the path of least resistance, though I'm not sure how the Yankees would be okay with this.
I'm assuming he meant Willets Point when he said Citi Field. The Citi Field parking lot won't happen because that is technically part of the park (ridiculous, I know, but...). But Willets-- that could, and should, be the first-choice location in the City. It's perfect for so many reasons. I think it's the front-runner, or at least tied with the GAL site...

Incredibly, I think that post 1 on page 1 of 1000 in this thread may have called our new home in 2014. The answer was right in front of us the entire time. Announce Willets Point.

Last edited:
I'm assuming he meant Willets Point when he said Citi Field. The Citi Field parking lot won't happen because that is technically part of the park (ridiculous, I know, but...). But Willets-- that could, and should, be the first-choice location in the City. It's perfect for so many reasons. I think it's the front-runner, or at least tied with the GAL site...

Yes Willets. Not interchangeable I guess.

He said there are only three sites. He’s unaware of this mysterious “other Bronx site” at least from the perspective of the transition team.

Reactions: Kenny
Yes Willets. Not interchangeable I guess.

He said there are only three sites. He’s unaware of this mysterious “other Bronx site” at least from the perspective of the transition team.

So what's the next step once Adams is in office? Any other info you can share?

Reactions: Kjbert
So what's the next step once Adams is in office? Any other info you can share?

What would you like to know? All of this stuff from the get go is incredibly confusing to me. It’s why I ask what probably seem like stupid questions to SoupInNYC SoupInNYC

What would you like to know? All of this stuff from the get go is incredibly confusing to me. It’s why I ask what probably seem like stupid questions to SoupInNYC SoupInNYC

I guess we're all really curious about a timeline. From articles I've seen, remediation of city-owned land in WP won't be completed until 2023, so does that jive with the amount of time it would take to construct a stadium? Hudson Yards just seems like it could be litigate and NIMBY'd to death before a shovel could even get in the ground.

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
I guess we're all really curious about a timeline. From articles I've seen, remediation of city-owned land in WP won't be completed until 2023, so does that jive with the amount of time it would take to construct a stadium? Hudson Yards just seems like it could be litigate and NIMBY'd to death before a shovel could even get in the ground.

One other thing I should mention. Adams and Hochul are gung ho about development. They’ll railroad anyone to get shovels in the ground

Doubt it's Hudson Yards. No idea where the info is nowadays because it was a while ago but pretty sure I remember seeing plans with tall commercial and residential buildings there a few years ago.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
giphy.gif