Summer Transfer Window

With Levante getting relegated and seemingly no suitors in Italy, wouldn't this be a good time for Joe Rossi to return to the nation of his birth?

I saw him last summer juggling a soccer ball in Columbus circle. I asked him about MLS and he gave a 'maybe, never know' answer...but what else would he say I guess.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys should really be focusing on who is available on a free in the summer of 2017. From what I can surmise, these are your options:

Arjen Robben
Mario Gotze
Frank Ribery
Ilkay Gundogan (if he isn't sold this summer)
Kelechi Iheanacho (wants 100k a week)
Jese (Real Madrid)
Santi Cazorla

The name that immediately jumps to you is Mario Gotze. Would be the most incredible signing in MLS history, outside of Beckham.
Gundogan just signed a four year deal with Manchester City.

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2016/June/Ilkay-Gundogan-signs-for-City/1464277092

Reactions: Kjbert
I think about some of our higher paid players and us being able to dump their contracts next year/year after and it makes me really happy and confident about us going forward.
Brillant Hernandez Mullins Martinez

Oops throw Mendoza in there as well.
We can surely find better replacements for even less

Reactions: adam
I think about some of our higher paid players and us being able to dump their contracts next year/year after and it makes me really happy and confident about us going forward.

Mix also comes off the book in the next year or two correct? And don't forget our DP contracts expiring at the end of this year (though we'll see about resignings).

If we can dump mix and replace the players you mentioned with $150,000 players we'd be around $350,000 UNDER the cap! But you also come across the problem of players like RJ renegotiating for higher pay.

But you're right, our cap issues are easily solvable and will only get better if we draft some more GA players (why Khiry over a GA was a bad move) and our development academy produces a few players that could at least fill substitute positions on the team, meaning we could sign minimum wage players to fill up our top 20 roster spots and use the extra money we'd spend on subs for higher quality starters.

What's wrong with Martinez? He's serviceable and not overly expensive

What's wrong with Martinez? He's serviceable and not overly expensive

Perhaps his coveted international spot? Nothing wrong with him as a player (and you can't blame him for not playing coz Matarrita has been lights out for us) but we can probably find someone just as serviceable as him in the states and use his international spot on a position of need.

Perhaps his coveted international spot? Nothing wrong with him as a player (and you can't blame him for not playing coz Matarrita has been lights out for us) but we can probably find someone just as serviceable as him in the states and use his international spot on a position of need.
Mata may not be here long term though.

Reactions: adam
Not sure if mentioned yet...whats likelihood of Mario Gomez coming to MLS..didnt he just win the turkish league and is back on German national team
I'd love to see that, however I believe he would rather go back home in Germany first before thinking about coming here. Had a bit of a renaissance last year in Turkey after a few bad years in Italy, so he may be getting some looks, not entirely sure though. If we could land him I'd be ecstatic, have a proven poacher just burying Harrison's & Villa's crosses.