Toronto Away Postmatch

My new theory is PV has a secret strategy on how to beat Toronto but is saving it for the playoffs. And I'll keep thinking that so as to facilitate sound sleep.

giphy.gif

Reactions: wolfehr
Whoscored? gave Pirlo the highest player rating on the team, with a 6.6.

I do wonder how it all these rating systems such as who scored systems work? Who gets a higher score, Pirlo who willingly takes on Gio and looses but slows the play down enough for his teammates to cover or TMac who avoids any defensive challenge all together and contributes nothing?

With all respect to Midas Mulligan and his nick name game no one can remember what ayayerjerknbciwhfisuhfsnekjnrekjnrernmsfwdvw4tegwrrekjrnekjen stands for soI'd like to reiterate my shout box suggestion that TMacs new nick name should be "the bystander". Never contributes but is always close by.

Reactions: wolfehr and Ulrich
Pirlo had a good game. Scapegoat him all you want. He actually did well defensively too. Waiting for mls.com to show the stats

Pirlo did have a good game. But the system we play doesn't work with him in the lineup. We play better without him, and I think the numbers don't lie about that. 6 of our 7 losses have come when he has started. 3 wins when he has started, with those teams being anemic DC United, San Jose, and Philadelphia when they were still winless and slumping.

So while I agree, we can't actually blame Pirlo for this loss, it is safe to say this team simply plays better with an athlete and disruptor like Herrera in the lineup than it does with Pirlo who can pick out any pass at any time.

Pirlo did have a good game. But the system we play doesn't work with him in the lineup. We play better without him, and I think the numbers don't lie about that. 6 of our 7 losses have come when he has started. 3 wins when he has started, with those teams being anemic DC United, San Jose, and Philadelphia when they were still winless and slumping.

So while I agree, we can't actually blame Pirlo for this loss, it is safe to say this team simply plays better with an athlete and disruptor like Herrera in the lineup than it does with Pirlo who can pick out any pass at any time.

I have never said we should start Pirlo every game regardless of what people here think. But who do we start today in his stead? Miley Lopez?

I have never said we should start Pirlo every game regardless of what people here think. But who do we start today in his stead? Miley Lopez?

I am not in disagreement with you here. I think PV had to start him. I am not sure if this result is a testament to how great Herrera is in a physical league like MLS or how we just have to play so different with Pirlo.

One of the funnier/pathetic moments of the game came when Lewis fouled Giovinco. Brillant tried making the slide tackle on Gio and literally missed by like 4 yards. Looked like some FIFA 17 shit.

Reactions: Rimil
I couldn't watch today's game, but from a five minute scan of twitter it seems the following are the takeaways:

-Pretty even game except for two stunning goals from Giovinco until the end
-Ref sucked, missed a straight red to TOR in first half and gave them a soft penalty at 75' to ice the game
-Pirlo really is nothing more than a traffic cone now
-TMac contributed nothing
-Team was wasteful finishing (nothing new here)
-PV played into Toronto's strength and looks like he has no clue how to compete with them

Miss anything?