Toronto Away Postmatch

Makes you wonder how much the Chicago game took out of Villa. Maybe it's just coincidence, everyone has a off game, but I am pretty sure he also missed a day of practice this week, as he didn't show up on any of the photos or Inside Training video that was posted.

Soccer in the City guys said that Maxi was basically still spent from the Chicago game at the start of this one. Don't underestimate the effect that basically running your butt off to cover to be a man down in that absolutely insane heat. What was it, 90+ degrees with high humidity? No athletes should be putting in 90 minutes of hard running under that temperature. I wouldn't blame any player to take a few days to recover from that.

Soccer in the City guys said that Maxi was basically still spent from the Chicago game at the start of this one. Don't underestimate the effect that basically running your butt off to cover to be a man down in that absolutely insane heat. What was it, 90+ degrees with high humidity? No athletes should be putting in 90 minutes of hard running under that temperature. I wouldn't blame any player to take a few days to recover from that.
I listened to that this morning as well, and after a lot of what they said (and I know hindsight is 20/20), it seems like it may have been better to go with Mikey over Pirlo in the midfield. Though before the game, and even after it, I wanted Pirlo there and thought the massive mistake was having TMac at LW (which honestly, still was a mistake IMO).

This ^^^^

I won't compare the match to running a marathon, but after a max effort racing a half-marathon (or longer distance), ones legs are shot for a week at least, and if the body is also fighting debilitating temperatures/conditions, it's a multiplier-effect on the body's recovery.

Not surprising the team had tired legs versus Toronto. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a few still have beat-up legs against RB - it could take a bit for Maxi, Villa, and Harrison to get spring back in their legs.

Maybe the collective problems are causing by Pirlo on the field to begin with...

He respects Pirlo and everything he's done for the game. PV is respecting the DP and I think that goes a long way with the guys in the locker room. He knows Pirlo is done and doesn't belong in this league. Pirlo is cashing in and loving an anonymous life in NYC. He will probably leave in December to join Chelsea in some capacity but he's not leaving until then.

He respects Pirlo and everything he's done for the game. PV is respecting the DP and I think that goes a long way with the guys in the locker room. He knows Pirlo is done and doesn't belong in this league. Pirlo is cashing in and loving an anonymous life in NYC. He will probably leave in December to join Chelsea in some capacity but he's not leaving until then.

Chelsea?