Tv Deal?

4 months away from the start of the 2015 season when do you think the club will announce what channel the games will be broadcasted on? I know most are assuming YES Network but what if it isn't? SNY maybe? I hope they get some good announcers as well.

i would be absolutely shocked if it weren't YES.

Reactions: Kjbert
What's the options other than YES and MSG (who presumably have an exclusive deal with somebody else anyway) I'm not exactly an expert on NY's local cable systems. I know there's local affiliates (fox, nbc, etc but have a feeling they wouldnt show it) are there other solely sports related channels? Sportsnet appears to be one for example. Suppose it will be YES as well wonder why it hasn't been announced yet? Incidentally who does the better sports coverage overall YES or MSG in your opinions?

What's the options other than YES and MSG (who presumably have an exclusive deal with somebody else anyway) I'm not exactly an expert on NY's local cable systems. I know there's local affiliates (fox, nbc, etc but have a feeling they wouldnt show it) are there other solely sports related channels? Sportsnet appears to be one for example. Suppose it will be YES as well wonder why it hasn't been announced yet? Incidentally who does the better sports coverage overall YES or MSG in your opinions?
MSG own by the Knicks and air Red bulls games, SNY owned by the mets, and Yes owned by the Yankees . Those are the option.

Going out on a limb here...

What if, impossibly, we won't HAVE a local TV deal? That's why we knew about the WFAN deal from jump. Could the team get by on just nationally broadcast games and radio broadcasts? Seems outrageous, I know, but it'd explain the lack of an announcement.

YES is mostly owned by Fox Sports now. I believe it was sold about 3 years ago.

If the Yankeees/Fox were smart with this, when there was a conflict, they would sell the game rights for Yankee games to UPN (Channel 9) here in NYC. They already air some Yankee games. Since they would control the content of NYCFC games, they would profit from the advertising during our games and the broadcast rights sale to Channel 9

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
The Yankees own 20% of the YES Network -- there should not be any discussion on where the games will air. It's like debating if the next Knicks tv contract will be awarded to Fox Sports Net instead of MSG.

Going out on a limb here...

What if, impossibly, we won't HAVE a local TV deal? That's why we knew about the WFAN deal from jump. Could the team get by on just nationally broadcast games and radio broadcasts? Seems outrageous, I know, but it'd explain the lack of an announcement.
The WFAN deal was announced because it was part of the new Yankee's radio deal and was announced at the same time. Just like the long delay of the inevitable announcement of Yankee Stadium, I expect we will hear soon about the YES deal. I just hope they have a supplemental plan in place with an OTA station.

One other question we don't know yet, what will they do with Spanish rights? SAP or local spanish network?

What if, impossibly, we won't HAVE a local TV deal?

If that happened, then I'd HAVE TO pay for an MLS Live subscription to watch games streaming. Ugh, then I'd have to find an easy (inexpensive) way to get video to my TV. Does Roku have an MLS Live app?

Oops, just checked and YES, there is a Roku app for MLS Live. Now only if they had an Xbox app.
MLS LIVE is your passport for Major League Soccer anywhere you roam. One subscription gives you access to great MLS action on the web, iPhone, iPad, Roku, and Panasonic connected televisions.

Last edited:
Considering that YES started showing Man City games over the past year - I'm not worried about our games having a broadcast station...unless a match conflicts with a Yankee game.
they even have a show called City TV that shows like behind the scenes stuff with man city. I hope this continues with NYCFC. it would be cool. Something like Nothing But Knicks on MSG

I would like to know who is out there that can call NYCFC games on TV (most likely YES). Ryan Ruocco likes soccer and calls Nets games on YES and ESPN but I don't think he has ever called soccer. Who is out there that can call NYCFC games.

I would like to know who is out there that can call NYCFC games on TV (most likely YES). Ryan Ruocco likes soccer and calls Nets games on YES and ESPN but I don't think he has ever called soccer. Who is out there that can call NYCFC games.
I hope it is someone english, americans have yet to master soccer TV commenting

Reactions: Buckley and Kjbert
What's the deal with ESPN? Will all games be able to be streamed via ESPN3? I thought I saw something about that.

What's the deal with ESPN? Will all games be able to be streamed via ESPN3? I thought I saw something about that.
All games win be streamed on ESPN3 (the online channel) we are talking about who do you want to call local games.

Reactions: USAfan6