U.S. Open Cup 2016

So, USOC n00b question here, but are USOC matches not allowed to be played at MLS venues because, well, they aren't MLS matches and the venues are owned by MLS and not the teams? Though I presume an MLS v MLS matchup can be played at an MLS venue...

Or is it purely a scheduling conflict thing?
It would be too expensive to open and staff Yankee Stadium for what would be a small crowd paying a much lower than MLS ticket price.

It would be too expensive to open and staff Yankee Stadium for what would be a small crowd paying a much lower than MLS ticket price.
Why would tickets have to be lower priced - I don't think there's a rule governing it? And the possibility of the Kosmos would help to drive ticket sales. Plus, don't you think they'd break even with the inflated concession prices?

MLS clubs routinely host Open Cup matches -- particularly those with their own stadiums (Philly, RBNJ, LAG, FCD, etc.) It can be difficult for teams like us that are only tenants.

Reactions: Goodfella
Why would tickets have to be lower priced - I don't think there's a rule governing it? And the possibility of the Kosmos would help to drive ticket sales. Plus, don't you think they'd break even with the inflated concession prices?
Because it's not part of the STH package and there's no obligation to buy. Give STHs the option of whether to buy an additional full price ticket against usually a 2nd or 3rd tier opponent and many will pass.

Reactions: Goodfella
So, USOC n00b question here, but are USOC matches not allowed to be played at MLS venues because, well, they aren't MLS matches and the venues are owned by MLS and not the teams? Though I presume an MLS v MLS matchup can be played at an MLS venue...

Or is it purely a scheduling conflict thing?
USOC are allowed to be played wherever the home team wants so long as it's an eligible field. Most teams don't think it's worth it, either in terms of ticket sales or expenses to play in a large stadium because these are midweek games.

Reactions: Keith Putnam
still seem to be plenty of tickets available, even the $10 ones. I tried for $10 on the first day and they were gone, I just searched for 5 of them and they were available

After the first half it's Cosmos 1-0 over the Jersey Express. Watching it live on oneworldsports.com, and it's a darn good feed.

After the first half it's Cosmos 1-0 over the Jersey Express. Watching it live on oneworldsports.com, and it's a darn good feed.
We'll be playing the Cosmos in a couple of weeks as they won 2-0.

still seem to be plenty of tickets available, even the $10 ones. I tried for $10 on the first day and they were gone, I just searched for 5 of them and they were available
Interesting. Kind of wish I could be sure of a market for my Sec 7 tickets.

So there's about to be no amateur teams left, you're saying.
There's always a chance of a double-Red to Cole and deJong for being the upstanding players they are.... and that's not even a far-fetched possibility.....

I went to the Ft.Lauderdale Strikers v New York Cosmos match in Ft.Lauderdale tonight and both sides played like it was the World Cup Final. It was awesome. The Cosmos are tough.

Strikers won 2-1 (fist pump) but the Cosmos dictated the pace all night.

I'm a US Open Cup noob but I'm diving head first into it ASAP.

I went to the Ft.Lauderdale Strikers v New York Cosmos match in Ft.Lauderdale tonight and both sides played like it was the World Cup Final. It was awesome. The Cosmos are tough.

Strikers won 2-1 (fist pump) but the Cosmos dictated the pace all night.

I'm a US Open Cup noob but I'm diving head first into it ASAP.

i think its because cosmos had to win to clinch the spring title