U.s. To Host 2016 Copa America

I got my Copa final winning lottery email on Saturday for the Monday window (4/4). I was allowed to buy up to 8 and did just that. Section 210.

I also bought into the Met Life venue pass but only bought 2 seats for that.

What a nightmare. For those of you who still have to buy tickets through the pre-sale, click on the link in your e-mail that says "Get Copa America Centenario Final tickets now!" when ready to buy. I went straight through TicketMaster's main page and the pre-sale never loaded as expected based on past experience. When I finally got in 3 minutes after my pre-sale start time I clicked on best available. A ticket for over $2000 came up. I quickly gave that one back. (The extras I want for $2000 compared to what is being offered is worlds apart.) I played around with different price points trying to get something I liked. Then somehow the "buy on map" option appeared and I was thrilled because I love seeing all available seats at once. Well a couple of minutes after looking at different seat locations I got a message that there are too many people buying tickets at that moment and any selections I made through the "buy on map" option will not be held. Then the "find seats for me" option came back. I said screw this and logged out. I went back in a few hours later and was able to choose a ticket through "buy on map". Finally.....I got a ticket. And for almost 10X less than $2000!

Last edited:
What a nightmare. For those of you who still have to buy tickets through the pre-sale, click on the link in your e-mail that says "Get Copa America Centenario Final tickets now!" when ready to buy. I went straight through TicketMaster's main page and the pre-sale never loaded as expected based on past experience. When I finally got in 3 minutes after my pre-sale start time I clicked on best available. A ticket for over $2000 came up. I quickly gave that one back. (The extras I want for $2000 compared to what is being offered is worlds apart.) I played around with different price points trying to get something I liked. Then somehow the "buy on map" option appeared and I was thrilled because I love seeing all available seats at once. Well a couple of minutes after looking at different seat locations I got a message that there are too many people buying tickets at that moment and any selections I made through the "buy on map" option will not be held. Then the "find seats for me" option came back. I said screw this and logged out. I went back in a few hours later and was able to choose a ticket through "buy on map". Finally.....I got a ticket. And for almost 10X less than $2000!

that buy on map never appears for me....how do you guys activate that....and i got email for presale....but i think im going to pass since im starting to think many stars may not make it....plus its sunday night i got work next day.

that buy on map never appears for me....how do you guys activate that....and i got email for presale....but i think im going to pass since im starting to think many stars may not make it....plus its sunday night i got work next day.
Copa is pretty big. Expect the stars to play.

Copa is pretty big. Expect the stars to play.

well neymar may not...thats one of their marketing selling points....but this isint the traditional copa america...its still stand alone tournament ( unless they decide that every copa america from now on will be held in the US). ....the winner will probably go down in history as a winner but not a "representative" of CONMEBOL

Reactions: Goodfella
Got 2 tickets to the final in Section 224. Pretty happy about that !!

Not that many seats left so im expecting it to sell out once its opened to the public.

Reactions: Malatesta
Do you guys think that it will be worth it to buy extra tickets to scalp?

I got the lottery email the other day but I do not plan on buying. The tickets are too expensive and the games are way under sold.

So got an email that the venue passes are printed and are on their way

Just got an email from the US Soccer Federation telling me I can buy tickets for the final at MetLife starting today

Welp! Pulled the trigger on the off chance that the US makes the final, and got two tickets way way up in section 340 (third concourse, near the centerline) for about $200 per. Hopefully they'll be an easy resale if I decide to resell them.

Bought some tickets for the final... I have a feeling ima regret it... Hope I'm wrong...

Sorry for the delay in answering you. The two choices of "buy on map" or "find seats for me" were two tabs next to each other a quarter way down the page on the left.

Reactions: Fantazma
so i saw this guy at lunch time.....was at macys and like there was no one there....no one cared i guess....cant touch it security is like next to it ready to take you down if you touch it.

CgBNYTKW4AIueQk.jpg

Reactions: CatNYC
I hadn't bought the venue pass because the dates didn't work, but was able to buy tickets for the final on the general sale earlier this week. It looked like there was lots of availability. The pricing is certainly pretty brutal. I got seats in the second level on the side down by one endline and they cost me about half of what my NYCFC season tickets cost for the entire season.