UEFA Champions League 17/18

Nice to see City avoid a Bayen, Juve, Real or Barca in their group for a change. Napoli are good team but City should be the favorites for the group here.

PSG V Bayern might be the pick of the group stage matches but they both should make it out of that group

gonna be biased but trying not to be, i think napoli is the better side.

Napoli are a good team and they have a chance of course. English teams sometimes have trouble adapting to the slower pace of CL matches. I honestly expect them both to make it out of the group but player for player on paper City are a fair amount more talented IMO and I'd expect most people's opinions.

Napoli are a good team and they have a chance of course. English teams sometimes have trouble adapting to the slower pace of CL matches. I honestly expect them both to make it out of the group but player for player on paper City are a fair amount more talented IMO and I'd expect most people's opinions.

more name recognition maybe... but player for player i dont see any position where MC has any kind of advantage other than GK.

people understimate how good napoli really is. They have not lost a game since the lost to real madrid in champions league last season and theyve played Juventus twice since then so its not like they were playing scrubs.

more name recognition maybe... but player for player i dont see any position where MC has any kind of advantage other than GK.

people understimate how good napoli really is. They have not lost a game since the lost to real madrid in champions league last season and theyve played Juventus twice since then so its not like they were playing scrubs.
I don't see anywhere MCFC doesn't have an advantage other than one CB spot, and arguably with the wide attackers, but that's mostly because I don't rate Sterling as highly as many. I've watched him miss too many sitters over the years.

eta: None of that is to say Napoli isn't good. I think they are a very good team. It won't be a shock if they finish ahead of MC, but it would be an upset.

Last edited:
I don't see anywhere MCFC doesn't have an advantage other than one CB spot, and arguably with the wide attackers, but that's mostly because I don't rate Sterling as highly as many. I've watched him miss too many sitters over the years.

eta: None of that is to say Napoli isn't good. I think they are a very good team. It won't be a shock if they finish ahead of MC, but it would be an upset.

i respect your opinion, i just dont agree with it. that said, i think its gonna be good games.

Reactions: SanBartG
I don't know about you guys but I know that the thing I'm most looking forward to in the match between MCFC and Napoli is everyone's favourite loud-mouthed Italian film-making billionaire Aurelio de Laurentiis constantly shooting his yawning trap off to the press about how much more money another billionaire spends than him.

/rolls eyes.

I don't know about you guys but I know that the thing I'm most looking forward to in the match between MCFC and Napoli is everyone's favourite loud-mouthed Italian film-making billionaire Aurelio de Laurentiis constantly shooting his yawning trap off to the press about how much more money another billionaire spends than him.

/rolls eyes.

ADL is the man. I also look forward to sarri smoking cigarettes on the sidelines

i respect your opinion, i just dont agree with it. that said, i think its gonna be good games.
You already said you're biased. It should be fun. I like Mertens a lot.

Wish Liverpool would have pulled the trigger and made an offer for Insigne and Koulibaly. Could have been as big of a steal as I think Salah was.

Reactions: KennyD

Speaking as a Real fan Sterling has been called overrated to the point I think he's one of the most underrated players in the Prem. Not Mane levels underrated but he's still an elite winger. Also I think B. Silva is there new starting right wing.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
What dissociative are you on? And how did you find one stronger than DMT?

Like how the hell can you reasonably make that statement? What is your thought process? Are you just trying for a hot take?
Judging by his profile picture he's probably an edgy 16 year old.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
Speaking as a Real fan Sterling has been called overrated to the point I think he's one of the most underrated players in the Prem. Not Mane levels underrated but he's still an elite winger. Also I think B. Silva is there new starting right wing.
I'd reply. But since my thread, where folks actually posted, got merged with the one old post, I'll see my way out. Will be starting a new one each UCL match day. Mainly so I don't have to look at that stupid avatar.

Reactions: Fake Jew
You already said you're biased. It should be fun. I like Mertens a lot.

Wish Liverpool would have pulled the trigger and made an offer for Insigne and Koulibaly. Could have been as big of a steal as I think Salah was.

dont think insigne would have gone anywhere. He was even just quoted saying, "as a kid most people dreamed of playing for barcelona, i dreamed of playing for napoli"

Reactions: Christopher Jee
What dissociative are you on? And how did you find one stronger than DMT?

Like how the hell can you reasonably make that statement? What is your thought process? Are you just trying for a hot take?

don't be surprised when napoli and shakhtar advance. calling the fairytale of the groups now.

Results after the first day of group play:

Benfica 1 - 2 Moscow
(the biggest surprise of the day, Moscow ties it in the 63rd and wins it in 71st)

MU 3-0 Basel
(Goals from Fellaini, Lukaku and Rashford)

Bayern 3-0 Anderlecht
(Anderlecht played a man down from the 11th minute)

Celtic 0-5 PSG
(Goals for Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani (2), and an OG)

Roma 0-0 Athletico Madrid
(Exciting back and forth, neither team seemed to find the back of the net)

Chelsea 6-0 FK Quarabag
(Biggest blow out of the day, featuring 5 different goal scorers)

Barcelona 3-0 Juventus
(Great game from Messi, Juve missing a ton of starters)

Olympiakos 2-3 Sporting CP
(Olympiakos try to make the comeback of the century down 3-0 in the 89th minute but fall just short)

Interesting stat:

Rashford has now scored in his:

Europa League debut
Premier League debut
Manchester derby debut
England debut
Eng U21 debut
EFL Cup debut
Champions League debut

Last edited: