USMNT Talk

A few players notes.

Best:
* Bradley. Phenomenal vision, intelligence, the run down the field on the final goal was fantastic for a player who had already played 89 minutes.
* Yedlin. Pace. Crosses. Back on D. Just looked fantastic.
* Mix. What we have been seeing from him of late. Great challenging for the ball. Work rate. All over the field in a good way.
* Morris. Work rate. Strength. Muscling off defender to get in on goal. Speed on final goal to get down wing and deliver a quality cross for the assist.
* Johnson - That cross to Zardes was sublime.

Mixed bag:
* Brooks. Undoubtedly got victimized repeatedly on D. But he did score 2x. The header should have counted. (The Netherlands called off goal also should have counted.) And I can't believe no one else has commented that our CB scored from inside the 6 yard box IN THE RUN OF PLAY!!!!! How the fuck did that happen? I watched it like 12 times and still don't think it really happened.
* Zardes. His goal was fantastic. His other 2 point blank opportunities could easily have yielded a hat trick and should have given the US at least 1 more. At this level we need our goal scorers to have more ice in their veins.
* Williams. Had flashes. Struck the ball well for his goal. Yes, got lucky on the deflection, but that's what happens when you strike a ball well in the box. On the other hand, had a couple of bad giveaways that could have led to goals at the other end.

Hard to tell:
* Johannsson. Thought he did a lot to put himself in good positions, but didn't get the service he needed. Would have loved to see him on with Yedlin.

Thoroughly entertaining match and well done for the comeback.

Throw in some of the lads at the u20s and others around the globe and the future is more than bright for the USMNT.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Morris is already way better than Altidore. Forget the Olympics, get his ass on the big team.
You really need to get over your anti-Altidore mindset. Altidore is better than Morris, and no its really not close.

Morris at Stanford- 15 games 4 goals

Altidore at Toronto FC- 9 games 6 goals

You really need to get over your anti-Altidore mindset. Altidore is better than Morris, and no its really not close.

Morris at Stanford- 15 games 4 goals

Altidore at Toronto FC- 9 games 6 goals
Now we can add zardes, wood and johannsson to the list of better forwards than jozy. Jozy scores zero of the three goals our forwards scored today. Haha, I hate jozy so much.

Now we can add zardes, wood and johannsson to the list of better forwards than jozy. Jozy scores zero of the three goals our forwards scored today. Haha, I hate jozy so much.
Zardes has been significantly worse than Altidore so far in MLS this season. I know he scored a goal today, but he really wasn't that good at all. I think you were being sarcastic by saying he was better, at least I hope you were, but there is no way Zardes is even on Altidore's level at this point in time. Johannsson is having some nice seasons over in the Netherlands, but Altidore also put up 23 goals in 21 games one season over there, which is superior to any season Johannsson has put together there, so I would slow down on that train too.

I bet that the majority of the Dutch team has probably never heard of many of the clubs the USMNT plays for.

Sebastian Lletget - You think he will be called up soon ? He's making waves in the galaxy camp.

Why isn't Klinsman under any pressure after the historic flop that was this year's Gold Cup?

Reactions: Mikeylito
I have thought that Klinsi thinks of Mix as Bradley's backup. Will be interesting to see if he gets to play that role with Bradley out today.

Yedlin, Jones, Zardes, Altidore, Ream, and Brooks have all been great.

The rest have been poor (from the starting lineup).