USMNT Talk

Yo...and this isn't even my post re: CP's debut.

I tell you guys all the time that I'm not just whistling Dixie. There's a reason the FO has regularly slashed the players I dashed. I actually can identify players. Even said Rodney was my fave signing.

Just to prove my own scouting brilliance (and a touch of failure), I'm posting this. I fucking crushed it relative to our million dollar network. Anyway, missed on Boxi, and I didn't expect Rubio to get injured and then break down psychologically after the fact. Otherwise, I am keeping my internet ding dong erect and in your face.

You mean like I was talking about in the Soriano thread? I'll post here again ICYMI. And because it will get you amped.

The best thing we have going for us in this regard is the existing CFG infrastructure. They should definitely understand the need for handlers and the particular maturity level needed for a player to maintain focus in a place like NYC.

I will definitely withhold judgment about loan players until they begin play. I'm pretty excited about it, actually. It's an opportunity to open the floodgates for other big clubs to send young talent here and that should help raise the level of play of the league while bridging the gap as the clubs' respective DAs continue ramping up and maturing into consistent talent producers.

I want to see NYCFC start a proper academy ASAP. I think given the resources available, there's no reason it shouldnt become the La Masia of the Americas. Paraphrasing what Soriano says in the interview, the US is rich in the athletic ability and competitive drive required of a world class player. For me, it's not even about getting every single world class athlete to play soccer. That's not necessary because we have so many athletically gifted kids due to population and our sporting culture. All we need is a venue for exposing kids to the opportunities. As the game rises in profile and public consciousness, that will continue to be easier. Take Deandre Yedlin, for example. Twenty years ago, he'd be battling for a special teams/nickel back slot on an NFL roster, where he'd maybe have a 5 year career - 8 or 9 if he were extremely fortunate. Because he had the opportunity to follow a path to a soccer career, it looks as though he will make much more money and highlight his world class athleticism in a game better suited to his physical stature and talents. He'll also have more opportunities for outside income, as he's a borderline household name already. By the time 2018 gets here, he will be a certifiable celebrity here.

Having the systems in place allow guyis like him to be discovered. It's also evidence of the changing of the guard and US soccer infrastructure reaching more than wealthy suburban white kids. Yedlin has that edge that few American players have had: he's fucking fearless. For too long, American players seemed to work hard and believe in the team's ability to win, but they lacked the confidence to individually go after people. For a long time, Dempsey's the one guy who had it. Nowadays, DY has it. Fagundez has it. Rubio Rubin (still may, train slowed) and Pulisic have it by the ton. Akale, Boxi (missed it) and Emo have it. Lettget would be showing it if Big Sam wasn't a fucking putz who wasn't aware that the rules allow you to play the ball on the ground, not just kick and chase and send in blind crosses. (Nailed it to wall, ripped it off, nailed it back on by the nuts)

We're finally getting close to having some footballers with a little NBA attitude. NYCFC can benefit from this as well as be the big catalyst to take it to the next level. I think we're in for a lot of exciting times as NYCFC supporters, and even more as US supporters (you England folks, well...Let's leave that out until Roy is gone).

Let's line up and play today. I'm absolutely fucking amped for this NYCFC team, this cycle of int'l play with all of the great tourneys and the continued growth of MLS. It's all symbiotic and synergistic, and we are here to see it unfold. Fuck yeah.

Aug 5, 2014.

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?th...ol-for-both-nyc-and-us-soccer.325/#post-18010

Also, NYCFC_Dan what happened to the board tampon? Oops. I misspelled Mascot - meaning Magnus?

He was a tool, ftr.

I miss ol' Daveed Robear , aka @einwindr aka the beast of the east much more.

I didn't watch the match as I was at the Sweet 16. I saw the highlights and score on Twitter. I expected a US win but not by 6-0.

A win at Panama on Tuesday is needed to make be comfortable regarding qualifying.

Last edited:
I didn't watch the match as I was at the Sweet 16. I saw the highlights and score on Twitter. I expected a US win but now by 6-0.

A win at Panama on Tuesday is needed to make be comfortable regarding qualifying.
You are quickly staking a claim for captain obvious.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
If one of my ten most recent posts doesn't include 1) Etihad Island, 2) Khedira/Torres, or 3) Scarf, then it's not me posting and my account has been compromised.
Pick up the $20 USA hoodie from mitre st modells. Seems to work well. Did so 2 weeks ago and look what happened

If one of my ten most recent posts doesn't include 1) Etihad Island, 2) Khedira/Torres, or 3) Scarf, then it's not me posting and my account has been compromised.
At least you've moved on from Mix Hattrick, unless you're keeping track in Scandinavia.

Pick up the $20 USA hoodie from mitre st modells. Seems to work well. Did so 2 weeks ago and look what happened
You can have a coincidental-existential slow-clap. I just hope your full-kit didn't make them blow it all in that one game. If they come out firing blanks against Panama, we're all looking at you.

You can have a coincidental-existential slow-clap. I just hope your full-kit didn't make them blow it all in that one game. If they come out firing blanks against Panama, we're all looking at you.
I will make sure to drink down the exact same amount of freedom as I did last night.

And it's a roughly equivalent dose to the amount Landycakes had the night before.

Yo...and this isn't even my post re: CP's debut.

I tell you guys all the time that I'm not just whistling Dixie. There's a reason the FO has regularly slashed the players I dashed. I actually can identify players. Even said Rodney was my fave signing.

Just to prove my own scouting brilliance (and a touch of failure), I'm posting this. I fucking crushed it relative to our million dollar network. Anyway, missed on Boxi, and I didn't expect Rubio to get injured and then break down psychologically after the fact. Otherwise, I am keeping my internet ding dong erect and in your face.

Aug 5, 2014.

http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?th...ol-for-both-nyc-and-us-soccer.325/#post-18010
Lletget was alway looking up a vertical wall at West Ham. Had the goods and never got a real shot. When LA just happened to get him, it was a monumental fck-me moment wondering how the lucky s.o.b.'s pulled that one off - Rich getting richer. He's got the makings of an absolutely rock-solid midfield worker with some flair- a bit of a cross between (more so) Beckerman & (less so) Holden. 66/33. Kinda also reminds me of when Arena tapped Pablo Mastroanni to the team and the guy locked down a spot for years.

To your other point about Bradley, he may just yet be serviceable with Pulisic in front. He can dumb down his game and really focus on two areas of breaking up attacks and making the first outlet. Just don't try to do any more.

I bet Pulisic becomes one of the most sought after players in the world this summer. He's going to be transferred for an amount that shatters the US record. He was directly/indirectly responsible for 5 goals last night - that's ridiculous!

Lletget was alway looking up a vertical wall at West Ham. Had the goods and never got a real shot. When LA just happened to get him, it was a monumental fck-me moment wondering how the lucky s.o.b.'s pulled that one off - Rich getting richer. He's got the makings of an absolutely rock-solid midfield worker with some flair- a bit of a cross between (more so) Beckerman & (less so) Holden. 66/33. Kinda also reminds me of when Arena tapped Pablo Mastroanni to the team and the guy locked down a spot for years.

To your other point about Bradley, he may just yet be serviceable with Pulisic in front. He can dumb down his game and really focus on two areas of breaking up attacks and making the first outlet. Just don't try to do any more.

I bet Pulisic becomes one of the most sought after players in the world this summer. He's going to be transferred for an amount that shatters the US record. He was directly/indirectly responsible for 5 goals last night - that's ridiculous!
I still prefer Acosta to Da Boi. But just wanted to point out that entire post. I was all about us trying to get Lletget early on. He would have been a great pickup, and I don't even think we made an effort. Don't want to see the same thing happen with Payne.

Pulisic is already a €30+ million player, so you're safe to assume that. Frankly, I don't think BVB will let him go for what anyone will be willing to offer them.

I'd bet that it ends up at something north of that, maybe even inching up near the €50 mm mark if he has a good WCF in 2018. BVB are really smartly run - no way they sell before that big bump that inevitably comes with the WC stage.

Btw, I don't often post when I'm .sideways8 BAC, but when I do, it's because my team won 6-0.

Could you ever get tired of watching Dempsey hit this kick and walk away before it goes in? He literally strikes it and starts jogging to the center circle. I love that guy. The way Spurs did him, yet another reason they can piss right off. He should've been on that LFC team with Suarez. Damn, that would have been fun.

Btw, I don't often post when I'm .sideways8 BAC, but when I do, it's because my team won 6-0.

Could you ever get tired of watching Dempsey hit this kick and walk away before it goes in? He literally strikes it and starts jogging to the center circle. I love that guy. The way Spurs did him, yet another reason they can piss right off. He should've been on that LFC team with Suarez. Damn, that would have been fun.

What is so amazing about Dempsey's scoring is that not only is he about to become the all-time leader for MNT, but he'll do it having not been the go-to PK taker. Donovan padded his stats with tons of PK's - he also scored some memorable goals in the run of play, but not at the clip Dempsey does.

And Dempsey "should" add a bunch to his total by shifting into almost a pure poacher role. With Pulisic and Nagbe (if he makes a spot his own) pulling the strings, Dempsey won't have to waste as much energy in the build-up.

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait for 3 points at Panama before hopping on the Arena band wagon, but man oh man, what a breath of fresh air that was.

You get on this Hype train right now damnit. #Murica #WCwinners

NxkYTwE.jpg

I'm gonna wait for 3 points at Panama before hopping on the Arena band wagon, but man oh man, what a breath of fresh air that was.
Arena has always been a master tactician. And he's had quite a few games where the tactics have completely taken the opponent by surprise and we blitzed them. A few that come to mind was the 3-2 Portugal & 2-0 Mexico games from the 2002 WC. Both were completely different tactics from the runup of qualification. And I'll never forget the classroom lesson he gave Kreis in our first bi-coastal derby with his half-time tactical changes - made me want to curl up and cry in the shower the way LA pummeled us.

I thought the diamond with Pulisic at the 10 spot was great. Pulisic had a great game basically created 4 goals and probably should have had another if they didnt rule the ball out on the sideline. Definitely my MOTM. The two passes he had on two of clints goals were beautiful.

Great to see Nagbe start and see Llegget over Bedoya. I think if Pulisic is moving to #10, I would like to see Nagbe and Fabian Johnson on the wings. There is no reason that Nagbe should be losing playing time to Bedoya from here on out.

I thought Jozy had a good game. I think with our forwards we are going to play with two strikers. Going to be interesting to see who gets bumped for wood.

Bradley goal was nice but i felt he had a couple of giveaways that coupd have resulted in goals.

Jorge was solid at LB. Cameron was servicable as our 4th-5th option at RB. I thought Omar did not have a good game. His positioning was very bad on a couple plays. There was one play where he drifted off the neat post to guard no one and it should have resulted in a tap in goal.

Watching the game got me to thinking about the quality of our players vs other country's in a position vs position basis. It's easier to do with England since I watch so my EPL.

I'd venture without thinking twice that Pulisic is better than any English player with the closest being Delli Ali who is also his like-for-like same position. I really just cannot think of any other player from both pools that I'd pick first in the schoolyard.

While England was the best CB factory in the world back in 2002, I don't think they have one that is better than Brooks.

And as sad as it is, an aging Howard is also a 1st choice over any of the English keepers.

It starts to get harder after that. I'm not sure if there's a more lethal poacher than Dempsey, and with his age it could be argued that he gives some away with slowing speed, but even then, what English forward is better? Vardy? Kane is the best comparison who is def faster and a lethal finisher but also is made of glass and can disappear. Tough one really with the different styles. Has Kane ever put the team on his back and carried it by himself (multiple times)?

Not sure if this is a fair comparison, Wood vs Sterling, but in a vacuum would have me taking Wood every time. Wood is more of a pure forward w/ better finishing and Sterling more of a winger w/ slightly better speed. Since Wood can play wide, he gets the nod.

Im not a Bradley fanboy, but considering Carrick is shopping for a retirement home, I can't think of a DMid that I'd take over him. Not Dier and not Jordan Henderson. Who else to consider?

Cameron is probably equal to, or better than, any other 2nd CB, definitely better than Stones and Cahill.

Even outside back is at worst a toss-up. Is Kyle Walker any better than Yedlin? They're slightly different players that both bomb forward into the attack with Yedlin being faster and Walker a bit more rugged.

England probably has the edge with a LM (Lallana) and LB (Danny Rose/Luke Shaw) but that's maybe it. And Fabian Johnson would definitely take issue with Lallana being rated higher.

I think other (European) countries would be harder to compare to because some of the obvious ones would smoke us hands down (Germany, Spain, France, Belgium, Holland), and I'm just not familiar with others (Italy, Portugal, Turkey, Croatia).