USMNT Talk

Section 027B - Home of the 3 Piece Suit Ultras
threepiecesuitultras.png

45 home matches attended (out of 45 possible, including MLS Cup Playoffs & US Open Cup)
8 away matches attended (NJRB 5, Union 2, Cosmos 1)

Dude... that's awesome! I thought my numbers were impressive and you blow mine out the water, you're the 1% of the 1%.

I have 43 home matches (both absences due to weddings), 1 Cosmos, 1 Orlando City.

Dude... that's awesome! I thought my numbers were impressive and you blow mine out the water, you're the 1% of the 1%.

I have 43 home matches (both absences due to weddings), 1 Cosmos, 1 Orlando City.
I've been lucky to avoid any scheduling issues so far. No conflicts on the horizon for the 2nd half of this season either.

Reactions: Jack
I'd like to nominate about half the USMNT for the barn d'door.

Edit: Scored literally as I wrote that.

Either CONCACAF teams are getting better or the US is regressing. Only a 3-2 win vs. Martinique?

Changing eight players one game into a tournament is something that a coach would usually get criticized for.
Yes, but I think Arena is getting a pass because our C team should handily beat Martinique, and it should be reasonable for him to do this as a way of testing bubble players. They did not exactly shine, and the one guy in the lineup whose spot is seemingly not in jeopardy was terrible.

I have to admit, that if a goalkeeper I respected more gave up that second goal I might be willing to forgive it. The initial shot was hard to smother, and the shot off the rebound took a crazy deflection. But Guzan never fails to give up a rebound opportunity so I can't give him a pass.

Last edited:
Yes, but I think Arena is getting a pass because our C team should handily beat Martinique, and it should be reasonable for him to do this as a way of testing bubble players. They did not eactly shine, and the one guy in the lineup whose spot is seemingly not in jeopardy was terrible.

I have to admit, that if a goalkeeper I respected more gave up that second goal I might be willing to forgive it. The initial shot was hard to smother, and the shot off the rebound took a crazy deflection. But Guzan never fails to give up a rebound opportunity so I can't give him a pass.
Agree. I am consistently irritated by him even though I expect nothing.

Changing eight players one game into a tournament is something that a coach would usually get criticized for.
He needed at least two more locked, experienced guys out there. Almost everyone on the squad looked like they were suffering from the pressure of being the favorites in a must-win game PLUS the pressure of "this might be my only shot to impress Bruce", and there needed to be some calmer heads on the pitch.

Morris, though, did a good job of making the choice between himself and Dwyer a more difficult one.

I was excited to see the Roldan and Acosta CM pairing but they were both disappointing. It didn't really look like we controlled the midfield until Dax got on and that was probably more about Martinique being tired.

Arriola looked like the most dynamic player there had trouble combining with others probably because Zardes and Agudelo were black holes.

Hedges is too slow for the NT. If you are get burned by some amateur from Martinique, than you are going toasted by superior competition.

JoMo had some great passes and nice runs on the two goals.

I kept looking for someone I would feel comfortable running out against Mexico, not to mention Germany, and I kept coming up empty. Some of these guys are young and will grow into being a player who can do that, but overall it was not good.

What's bad here is that we are barely keeping pace with Panama, which means Bruce has to go with his Best XI in the next game rather than resting people and giving others (Johnson) a run out.

I saw Hedges catch up to David Accam and stuff him a few weeks ago and thought he was totally ready for USMNT. I don't know how to reconcile that performance with what we saw last night.

I still don't think we have to worry about Nicaragua (who is much weaker than Martinique) but Arena is going to have to add 6 studs to this squad after the group stage -- no shortage of replacement candidates.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich