Who Do You Want In The Dispersal Draft Tomorrow?

Which former Goat do you want to see in blue?

• Total voters
B21a3bDIQAALY2f.jpg
As I've said many times before, I couldn't tell you a single thing about any of the Chivas players. However, what does that tell us that practically the entire league passed on the other players? Especially the "sexy" names.

Could just be a way to get those players cheaper right?
I think you are right, apparantly salaries were guaranteed if selected in the dispersal draft, the bigger names will most likely be picked up in waiver or re-entry draft or just signed when all drafts are over

Exactly, now all these players contracts can be renegotiated which is what the teams apparently worked together to do.

Not as much fun as I hoped, but NYCFC got one player.

Then why does MLS even bother with a draft like this. Just release the players and have them go on waivers or into the next draft.

This was just weird. Trust we made a good pick. MLS needs to revamp a lot of things, it looks like amature hour everytime they do something.

Reactions: Drainyoo
i guess to disperse the guys who are making the min fairly. this draft was a very low risk player acquisition mechanism, kind of a buzz kill, here's to hoping the expansion draft is more fun

This was just weird. Trust we made a good pick. MLS needs to revamp a lot of things, it looks like amature hour everytime they do something.
In MLS's defense, this was was a unusual draft. We don't contract every year. Hopefully it never ever happens again.

Reactions: Paul and Drainyoo
i guess to disperse the guys who are making the min fairly. this draft was a very low risk player acquisition mechanism, kind of a buzz kill, here's to hoping the expansion draft is more fun
It does seem that many players were at small contracts, why would it hurt to pick the up. I assume the coaches and GM knows.

Might it also make sense to pass on players that they aren't willing to protect in the expansion draft? This way, the expansion teams can't just snatch them right out of their hands, instead they can be signed afterwards.

Might it also make sense to pass on players that they aren't willing to protect in the expansion draft? This way, the expansion teams can't just snatch them right out of their hands, instead they can be signed afterwards.
Players picked up during the expansion draft were announced as protected, from what I saw.

The difference with this draft against the others is that (from what I gather) contracts roll over with this draft - if you pick up a guy in the other drafts, I'm fairly certain that the contracts get renegotiated. So if someone didn't like a high salary cap number, they'd wait until the next draft and hopefully pick up a guy then.

Still, I don't know why we didn't take AJB, especially when he was still there in round 2.