Who Is The Best Mf ?

Who was the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billy the Butcher

Registered
Dec 22, 2015
This is one that always gets everyone all hot and bothered. Who is/was the best Midfielder in the last 25 years? Choose wisely......

No Maradona on the list? Not that I'd vote for him, but he surely deserves a nomination.

No Maradona on the list? Not that I'd vote for him, but he surely deserves a nomination.

I'd say Maradona was more of a forward than midfielder. The list is a little England-centric with 5/8 players being from there, Keane, Viera, Iniesta and Figo should have been included as they were all better than Beckham. I've voted for Zidane with Xavi a close second.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I'd say Maradona was more of a forward than midfielder. The list is a little England-centric with 5/8 players being from there, Keane, Viera, Iniesta and Figo should have been included as they were all better than Beckham. I've voted for Zidane with Xavi a close second.
Gazza and Scholes were more technically gifted than Vieara. PV and Keane were great but they were pretty much just enforcers. You always need an ankle breaker in the squad.

1. Zidane
2. Xavi
3. Scholes
4. Pirlo

.........that's my opinion, but there are many other to consider.
Best
Charlton
Cruyff
Mattahus
Platini
Michael Laudrup
Garrincha
Amongst others.
......but the greatest player ever to draw breath is still.......Diego Armando Maradona