Will this effect us? (Yankees Ticketing issue)

I would not mind. It would put more eyeballs in front of my tickets when I sell them! Stub hub is awful with fees and does not display by map.

Boomer & Carton just had the Yankees on. They said they allow Stub Hub to download to phone, it's Stub Hub refusing to do it. Yankees just put this into effect to combat fraud of photocopied paper tickets on the recommendation of the Attorney General. If SH is refusing, then you have to wonder what's going on with them.

I do wonder whether this now means we will be able to use our phones to get into the NYCFC games.

Mobile ticket option will be available for NYCFC. You must choose the mobile delivery option. If you choose 'Print-At-Home' option and try to get in with the PDF of that ticket on your phone, it won't work.

Boomer & Carton just had the Yankees on. They said they allow Stub Hub to download to phone, it's Stub Hub refusing to do it. Yankees just put this into effect to combat fraud of photocopied paper tickets on the recommendation of the Attorney General. If SH is refusing, then you have to wonder what's going on with them.

This is a smokescreen. If they made the offer to Stubhub, I am sure it was for them to join on the same terms as everyone else - i.e. the price can't be below face value, and the Yankees get a cut of every transaction. This isn't about fraud. It is a shakedown for money, pure and simple.

It"s all about the yankee's not stubhub.They don't want anyone to be able to sell below face value, which on a rainy tuesday against the twins, is better than not selling the ticket at all.

You are too trusting. This was done as an attempt to put a floor on the market for Yankee tickets. Anything else is bullshit. And like most artificial price floors/ceilings, it will be a disaster.

You are too trusting. This was done as an attempt to put a floor on the market for Yankee tickets. Anything else is bullshit. And like most artificial price floors/ceilings, it will be a disaster.

I just don't always buy the stereotypical story of big bad Yankees suppressing the fan base. Would the Yankees COO lie about SH being able to offer the mobile tickets on live national radio? I feel like there's more to this story. Like SH having to pay some type of proprietary fee to use the mobile service that cuts into their bottom line. And then refusing to offer it up and letting everyone blame the Yankees for trying to steer people to their ticket exchange. Good PR move to keep quiet and let everyone just turn on the Yankees if that's the case. I want to hear SH's response before I jump to conclusions.

And then I look it up and SH responded today the Yankees are not providing the API to offer mobile tickets. So, if that's true, it is all on the Yanks and their COO is full of shit. I'm on all of your sides now. Sometimes it takes me a few facts to come around.

It's their team and their tickets, they can do what they want. Even if this move is simply to deter below face ticket sales, that's not really "evil" to me. If you buy tickets, go to the games, that's what they want.

OFF TOPIC: Unless they changed something in 2015 (only went to one Yankee game last year courtesy of a pair of freebies) the whole can't sell tickets below face value is a myth.

I used the Yankee Ticket Exchange a total of 6 or 7 times between the '13 & '14 seasons and never paid face value for tickets.

I just don't always buy the stereotypical story of big bad Yankees suppressing the fan base. Would the Yankees COO lie about SH being able to offer the mobile tickets on live national radio? I feel like there's more to this story. Like SH having to pay some type of proprietary fee to use the mobile service that cuts into their bottom line. And then refusing to offer it up and letting everyone blame the Yankees for trying to steer people to their ticket exchange. Good PR move to keep quiet and let everyone just turn on the Yankees if that's the case. I want to hear SH's response before I jump to conclusions.

And then I look it up and SH responded today the Yankees are not providing the API to offer mobile tickets. So, if that's true, it is all on the Yanks and their COO is full of shit. I'm on all of your sides now. Sometimes it takes me a few facts to come around.

Lonn Trost has always been completely full of shit. 100% a$*hole. Same for Randy Levine.

Lonn Trost has always been completely full of shit. 100% a$*hole. Same for Randy Levine.
The entire power structure of the Yankees are a bunch of D-bags. They care nothing for their fans or their city.... hell they don't even care about their team with the way they sometimes sign players and write contracts - because they just pass it all along to the little guy that doesn't know how to act in box seats. There should be a litmus test for the owner of any team, and if they don't get high marks like the Rooney Family (or similar beloved owners), then they should loose their right to own and be forced to sell like that D-Bag NBA former-owner, Donald Sterling. Now I know what he did was racist, and that's viewed differently than fleecing a fan base, but it shouldn't be. There needs to be more dialog and mutual respect shown by owners towards the fan-base; make decisions that benefit the fans, not in spite of the fans.

The entire power structure of the Yankees are a bunch of D-bags. They care nothing for their fans or their city.... hell they don't even care about their team with the way they sometimes sign players and write contracts - because they just pass it all along to the little guy that doesn't know how to act in box seats. There should be a litmus test for the owner of any team, and if they don't get high marks like the Rooney Family (or similar beloved owners), then they should loose their right to own and be forced to sell like that D-Bag NBA former-owner, Donald Sterling. Now I know what he did was racist, and that's viewed differently than fleecing a fan base, but it shouldn't be. There needs to be more dialog and mutual respect shown by owners towards the fan-base; make decisions that benefit the fans, not in spite of the fans.

The fans need to accept some responsibility for willingly being fleeced.

The fans need to accept some responsibility for willingly being fleeced.
That's kind of like saying customers need to share some responsibility when ConEd fleeces them while still selectively deciding which areas are important enough (or not) during rolling brown/black-outs.

It's their team and their tickets, they can do what they want. Even if this move is simply to deter below face ticket sales, that's not really "evil" to me. If you buy tickets, go to the games, that's what they want.

Yeah exactly - who cares what the fans think? And how dare they try and take a loss on the tickets they already purchased from the team at full value?

Reactions: Ulrich