Will this effect us? (Yankees Ticketing issue)

You can have multiple tickets on one phone; don't know about the security issue.
Don't know if they do it at Yankee Stadium but when I saw Steven Wilson last week at the Beacon Theater they gave me a "receipt ticket" after they scanned my phone ticket.

Don't know if they do it at Yankee Stadium but when I saw Steven Wilson last week at the Beacon Theater they gave me a "receipt ticket" after they scanned my phone ticket.

That would make sense.

They didnt give me a receipt at Yankee stadium. When I went to Red Bull arena, they did give me a receipt. Metlife stadium also gives you one

They didnt give me a receipt at Yankee stadium. When I went to Red Bull arena, they did give me a receipt. Metlife stadium also gives you one

By the suite entrance people scanned in their own tickets on these cylindrical white machines, season card, mobile, or otherwise. The machines at RBA give a receipt. Yankees must have gotten machines without a receipt.

The more i read this thread the more i despise yankee stadium. I cant wait until we have our own stadium. Mind you im a yankee fan but im definitely not going to the stadium to watch them anymore.

Ill support nycfc as a season ticket holder but i hate yankee management more and more by the minute.

When NYCFC has its own stadium, its still going to have the same ticketing policies as Yankee Stadium because the Yankees are minority owners and TicketMaster will still be our main ticketing site and synergy.

Reactions: Goodfella
Wanted to raise an issue I don't think has come up. I'm taking a bunch of kids to the match on the 26th.

On website re. mobile ticketing it says: "Therefore, we recommend that you transfer to each member of your party his/her individual ticket via mobile, prior to entering Yankee Stadium."

These kids probably all have smart phones (they're 13) but they surely don't have Ticketmaster accounts. Leaving aside the fact that you can apparently still print tickets, how would that work? Could I have all the tickets on my phone? If so, how do they come and go from the seats if security is checking tickets?

I took two kids to the opener using mobile ticketing, and it was fine. As others have noted, the bigger issue is that if all the tickets are on one device, then each member of your party will not have his/her own ticket in case one is checked by an usher or they have trouble finding their seat. This isn't a problem taking kids, since you will be moving around together. I also think the stadium will be providing receipts soon (just a hunch).

Perhaps this falls under the heading of comparing apples to oranges, but Phil Mushnick had a couple of perfect lines in his NY Post article today:
Our sports remain in the business of teaching the best customers to live without them.

I’m not an economics guy; I have trouble carrying the one. But I do know that treating your best customers like dopes can’t be good for business.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and Paul
He does tend to beat the proverbial horse to death, but as a FOG myself, I pretty much agree with most everything he writes.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I hate to ask but this thread is making me nervous, there's no problem if I let someone use my season ticket cards?
I'm asking because I can't make tonight's game and I am letting my sister and nephew use my season ticket cards.

I hate to ask but this thread is making me nervous, there's no problem if I let someone use my season ticket cards?
I'm asking because I can't make tonight's game and I am letting my sister and nephew use my season ticket cards.

You shouldn't have a problem. I gave my cards to others last season with no issues even when it was obvious that the name on the cards was not either person holding them. (Not that anyone cares but I really disliked my seats last season and was buying news ones to try out different sections and giving mine away. Best thing I could have done to get a feel for different sections.)

ETA: If you want to be certain, put a call into the club.

Shouldn't have an issue as long as you trust them to give you the cards back. :D

Looks like confusion still rules the roost.

To make a long and boring story short, I was told they're still taking print-at-home tickets for the New England match. Just bought a pair off Ticketmaster, lo and behold, no option to print at home

No biggie, I just put them on will call. Anybody use the will call window before? We usually get to the stadium an hour before the game, so I would imagine there shouldn't be a problem with any sort of wait. Yes? No?

To make a long and boring story short, I was told they're still taking print-at-home tickets for the New England match. Just bought a pair off Ticketmaster, lo and behold, no option to print at home

No biggie, I just put them on will call. Anybody use the will call window before? We usually get to the stadium an hour before the game, so I would imagine there shouldn't be a problem with any sort of wait. Yes? No?
This doesn't answer your question, but FWIW Print-At-Home is an option for me as an STH for this game. So they are accepting Print At Home. I also remember being told when this all went public that print at home will be available to the end of the season for all tickets bought by April 1 at least, which should have covered your purchase. Of course, that was on the phone, not written down, and therefore worth as little as I feared it was.

I definitely understand your frustration but there is no contradiction here. Print at home tickets will be accepted, but not provided except to season ticket holders. I understood the April 1st date mgarbowski mentioned to apply only to season ticket holders, but perhaps I misremembered.

When NYCFC has its own stadium, its still going to have the same ticketing policies as Yankee Stadium because the Yankees are minority owners and TicketMaster will still be our main ticketing site and synergy.
I would also bet that Legends Hospitality will be running the stadium.