World Cup 2026

They won't do same stadiums but they will do pods. So put say NY Boston in a pod. Phil my D.C. Etc.

already? seems way too fast
US Soccer and CONCACAF essentially told FIFA to give them the cup now rather than waste their time with an open bid. Europe, Asia, South America can't even bid on it because they had the last and two upcoming cups. Australia doesn't have a chance. Antarctica is logistically and population challenged. That leaves Africa, and they had a more recent Cup than CONCACAF so they don't stand a chance of getting it.

Reactions: adam
US Soccer and CONCACAF essentially told FIFA to give them the cup now rather than waste their time with an open bid. Europe, Asia, South America can't even bid on it because they had the last and two upcoming cups. Australia doesn't have a chance. Antarctica is logistically and population challenged. That leaves Africa, and they had a more recent Cup than CONCACAF so they don't stand a chance of getting it.

i thought the whole confederation cycle for hosting was done after 2022 and say Europe can still bid on it. Australia still would be plausible i think ( from the little i follow the sport needs a big boost over there) and have stadiums for it.

South America wants 2030 with the whole Centennial thing Argentina/ Uruguay bid although im not even sure if thats possible with the amount of teams now and massive need of new stadiums over there

i thought the whole confederation cycle for hosting was done after 2022 and say Europe can still bid on it. Australia still would be plausible i think ( from the little i follow the sport needs a big boost over there) and have stadiums for it.

South America wants 2030 with the whole Centennial thing Argentina/ Uruguay bid although im not even sure if thats possible with the amount of teams now and massive need of new stadiums over there
Those countries/confederations may possibly bid on it, but the US has demanded after the shitshow votes for 2018/22 - btw, France is now investigating their vote(s) - that they either get the award now or quite possibly loose their entry/proposal for a later vote. A game of chicken.

Those countries/confederations may possibly bid on it, but the US has demanded after the shitshow votes for 2018/22 - btw, France is now investigating their vote(s) - that they either get the award now or quite possibly loose their entry/proposal for a later vote. A game of chicken.

investigation mean squat when the world cups are still happening ( at least 2018 is ) especially when some arrests have been made but the hosts are not looking to change yet

well see ....i honestly expected another bid or two. 2026 not to be decided before a world cup next year.

Reactions: TabascoDiva

Only Europe and Asia can't bid. South America can bid but most likely won't and back the CONCACAF bid due to the whole FIFA investigation. Africa can bid as well. Australia won't get it not because they are not prepared, but because they are part of the Asia confederation.

investigation mean squat when the world cups are still happening ( at least 2018 is ) especially when some arrests have been made but the hosts are not looking to change yet

well see ....i honestly expected another bid or two. 2026 not to be decided before a world cup next year.
Investigation means Platani could go to jail.

And that would have us hosting the majority of the tournament while celebrating our 250th birthday.

I'm not expecting any other bids either. Sth America wants 2030 and Africa won't have much chance.

Morocco just officially announced their bid to host the 2026 World Cup

today was the last day - talk about under the wire
If they are anything more than a "thanks for playing" submission, then FIFA needs to be investigated again and people need to go to jail. There is a zero percent chance they could ever put on a better WC than the US/C/M bid.

If they are anything more than a "thanks for playing" submission, then FIFA needs to be investigated again and people need to go to jail. There is a zero percent chance they could ever put on a better WC than the US/C/M bid.
they got dicked out of the 2010 WC and this is probably their earliest shot besides 2038, but more likely 2042

they got dicked out of the 2010 WC and this is probably their earliest shot besides 2038, but more likely 2042
They lost out to South Africa - so the award still went to a country in their Geographical group. The US got dicked over because they waited their turn and then FIFA changed the rules and dissed CONCACAF all together. One is a much bigger slight.

They lost out to South Africa - so the award still went to a country in their Geographical group. The US got dicked over because they waited their turn and then FIFA changed the rules and dissed CONCACAF all together. One is a much bigger slight.

"Lost" to South Africa. Morocco and South Africa were the final two countries and apparently, allegedly Morocco got more votes but it was awarded to South Africa.

Reactions: LostAnvil
"Lost" to South Africa. Morocco and South Africa were the final two countries and apparently, allegedly Morocco got more votes but it was awarded to South Africa.
I'm not defending FIFA because they're corrupt as shit, but the African Federation hosted the Cup, just like the rules stipulated with the rotation of continents. Then CONCACAF was in line for the Cup, and there was every reason to think the US would have won it outright, but FIFA killed the rule and opened bidding to the world which is how we ended up with two bought Cups in Russia and Qatar.

U.S. Soccer is set to list the cities in the running to host within the week.

Will be interesting to see.

Reactions: Ulrich