World Cup 2026

Not sure. Looks like a sop to the local MLS teams to have their stadiums on the list when larger stadiums in the same city are the real candidates.

There will be some great venues in 2026. None of them will be actual soccer stadiums, but that doesn't matter.

rogers centre? olympic stadium in montreal? those are some old ass buildings by the time the tournament comes around...unless they are going to go thru some massive revamp

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and Ulrich
Will be interesting to see what cities actually submit a reply. Last time around not even Chicago bothered, however this time might be different.

Although, Im not sure why Birmingham, Salt Lake and Green Bay were selected. Any chance they get through to the final 25?

Mexico was as I expected. As for Canada, its hard to see anyone else apart from Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver making the final list.

I'm also expecting 16 Stadiums being used.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was 12 in the USA and 2 in Canada and 2 in Mexico in the end.

Last edited:
for the fun of it, these would be 16 stadiums id use if the usa was hosting it solo

1/ New York - Metlife Stadium - 82,500
2/ Los Angeles - LA Stadium - 70,000-100,000
3/ Miami - Hard Rock Stadium - 65,000
4/ Atlanta - Mercedes Benz Stadium - 71,000
5/ Houston - NRG Stadium - 72,200
6/ Chicago - Soldier Field - 61,500
7/ San Jose - Levi Stadium - 68,500
8/ Boston - Gillette Stadium - 66,800
9/ Seattle - Century Link Field - 68,000
10/ Phoenix - Uni of Phoenix Stadium - 63,400
11/ Dallas - AT&T Stadium - 80,000
12/ Las Vegas - Las Vegas Stadium - 65,000
13/ Philadelphia - Lincoln Financial Field - 69,176
14/ Nashville - Nissan Stadium - 69,000
15/ Denver - Sports Authority Field - 76,125
16/ Washington DC - Fed Ex Field - 82,000

Reactions: dannd23 and Sabo
for the fun of it, these would be 16 stadiums id use if the usa was hosting it solo

1/ New York - Metlife Stadium - 82,500
2/ Los Angeles - LA Stadium - 70,000-100,000
3/ Miami - Hard Rock Stadium - 65,000
4/ Atlanta - Mercedes Benz Stadium - 71,000
5/ Houston - NRG Stadium - 72,200
6/ Chicago - Soldier Field - 61,500
7/ San Jose - Levi Stadium - 68,500
8/ Boston - Gillette Stadium - 66,800
9/ Seattle - Century Link Field - 68,000
10/ Phoenix - Uni of Phoenix Stadium - 63,400
11/ Dallas - AT&T Stadium - 80,000
12/ Las Vegas - Las Vegas Stadium - 65,000
13/ Philadelphia - Lincoln Financial Field - 69,176
14/ Nashville - Nissan Stadium - 69,000
15/ Denver - Sports Authority Field - 76,125
16/ Washington DC - Fed Ex Field - 82,000

I like this, but wouldn't be surprised if we see a few smaller venues (30-40k range) considering there are going to be a ton more matchups (and some real crappy ones at at that, a la Uzbekistan vs Togo)

Will be interesting to see what cities actually submit a reply. Last time around not even Chicago bothered, however this time might be different.

Although, Im not sure why Birmingham, Salt Lake and Green Bay were selected. Any chance they get through to the final 25?

Mexico was as I expected. As for Canada, its hard to see anyone else apart from Montreal/Toronto/Vancouver making the final list.

I'm also expecting 16 Stadiums being used.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was 12 in the USA and 2 in Canada and 2 in Mexico in the end.

I think those were selected to get more diverse geographic locations. Plus if they do pod structures you might need certain stadiums near others. For example an atlanta birmingham nashville would be an easy drive for fans to three cities close to each other.

I like this, but wouldn't be surprised if we see a few smaller venues (30-40k range) considering there are going to be a ton more matchups (and some real crappy ones at at that, a la Uzbekistan vs Togo)

40,000 seats are the minimum though and there arent that many on the list

Reactions: dannd23
So the list of cities has been reduced to 32.

United States:

Atlanta
Miami
Baltimore
Minneapolis
Boston
Nashville
Charlotte,
New York/New Jersey
Cincinnati
Orlando
Chicago
Philadelphia
Dallas
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
Detroit
San Francisco Bay Area
Houston
Seattle
Kansas City
Tampa
Las Vegas
Washington, D.C.
Los Angeles

Canada:

Edmonton
Montreal
Toronto
Vancouver

Mexico:

Guadalajara
Mexico City
Monterrey

You’ll have to look below at GG’s response to see just how dumb this post was...

Last edited:
Well, I think those would be indoors, no? Phoenix is for sure.
D’oh!
giphy.gif

So the list of cities has been reduced to 32.

United States:

Atlanta
Miami
Baltimore
Minneapolis
Boston
Nashville
Charlotte,
New York/New Jersey
Cincinnati
Orlando
Chicago
Philadelphia
Dallas
Phoenix
Salt Lake City
Detroit
San Francisco Bay Area
Houston
Seattle
Kansas City
Tampa
Las Vegas
Washington, D.C.
Los Angeles

Canada:

Edmonton
Montreal
Toronto
Vancouver

Mexico:

Guadalajara
Mexico City
Monterrey

I think for the US it's going to be:
- New York/New Jersey, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago
- Atlanta, Miami, Nashville
- LA, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Seattle*
- Kansas City, Dallas, Phoenix

Doesn't Houston have the ability to reinstall a real grass field that is moved in/out of the stadium to allow it to grow (they changed to field turf a year ago because of the constant conversion from field turf trays during HS/college games to grass for Texans)? They could easily be in the mix with a first-rate facility, air conditioning/climate control, and real grass.

I don't see Kansas City at all. Part of the city selections is to showcase the country and I just don't see the appeal for Kansas City. That and the airport there isn't all that massive.

If I was to replace Kansas City, I would guess most likely Houston or Denver.

Also, I don't see DC on the list at all and I would fully expect that to be a host city.

ETA: I'm a moron and didn't notice that Denver has already been trimmed off the list

I don't see Kansas City at all. Part of the city selections is to showcase the country and I just don't see the appeal for Kansas City. That and the airport there isn't all that massive.

If I was to replace Kansas City, I would guess most likely Houston or Denver.

Also, I don't see DC on the list at all and I would fully expect that to be a host city.

ETA: I'm a moron and didn't notice that Denver has already been trimmed off the list

I thought about DC too. RFK isn't happening. FedEx Field isn't great. And Audi Field is too small.

But yes, if DC is going to host, it will be in FedEx Field.

I thought about DC too. RFK isn't happening. FedEx Field isn't great. And Audi Field is too small.
I've never been to FedEx Field, but ultimately is a fairly newish stadium, so I think should be fine from that standpoint.

And ultimately, that city is definitely built to host a lot of visitors, and I think more importantly, foreigners are more likely to stay there and spend more money hanging out in DC than most other cities (save for maybe NY, Orlando, LA, SF)

Reactions: Ulrich
Fed Ex field by accounts is a pretty horrible place to get to. Even the Redskins and its fans dont like the place.

Dont be surprised if it doesn't make the final cut.

I've never been to FedEx Field, but ultimately is a fairly newish stadium, so I think should be fine from that standpoint.

And ultimately, that city is definitely built to host a lot of visitors, and I think more importantly, foreigners are more likely to stay there and spend more money hanging out in DC than most other cities (save for maybe NY, Orlando, LA, SF)
Fed Ex field by accounts is a pretty horrible place to get to. Even the Redskins and its fans dont like the place.

Dont be surprised if it doesn't make the final cut.

M&T Bank Stadium? Holds 71k