Yankee Stadium Matchday Megathread

i walked to the other side of the stadium at like 4pm and there was no line, i was in there in under a minute, everyone went to one gate because it was closest to the train/bars, if you walked to the other side of the stadium there were no lines at all

Does anyone know what song they walked out to or what the goal song/celebration was?

Does anyone know what song they walked out to or what the goal song/celebration was?

The goal celebration was the sound of Subway car doors closing. Probably my least favorite part of yesterday.

Hand to God. Subway door closing. It was terrible. It's that ding dong sound it makes.

Reactions: Drainyoo
I went to the post match meet and greet. That place was so unorganized.

There was no organization to the meet & greet at all. The players were having dinner behind the black cloth separating the room and ½ the team came out at various times to sign a few items and take photos. ½ the team didn't show up at all. Brandt and Dunn came out 1st and ½ of the people there didn't even recognize them or were too shy to approach them. I got both of their autographs straight away. When Villa entered the room he was immediately swarmed and that was the pattern for the entire event: when a well known player came into the room (Villa, Mix, Jeb, Khiry, etc.) they were immediately surrounded but a few of the others (Akira, Grabavoy, Williams, etc.) had only a few people approach them. I honestly don't think anyone recognized Akira Fitzgerald until I called him the Irish Ninja and he laughed about it. I was able to meet 14 players total (only got 13 autographs though which is a longer story). Got my photo taken with Villa, Mix, Jeb and my personal favorite... POKU!!! (and yes, that's how he signed his name on my scarf). :D

Could it have been handled better? Absolutely, but (like most things) I got out of it what I put into it. By that I mean I put in a lot of effort to get through the crowd and meet our guys. Most of the players were very understanding and took the time to sign something/take a photo for everyone who wanted it. A few, like Ned, were out there for only a minute or two and left (and like I said, ½ the team didn't even do that much). During college I interned in the marketing department with the Indiana Pacers and did events like this. It should have been handled by having a couple players at a time sit at a table and having the fans approach them in a line. Oh well, I enjoyed it even if it was hectic.

Hand to God. Subway door closing. It was terrible. It's that ding dong sound it makes.

I didn't notice it for the 1st goal as Villa scored right in front of my section and I was going nuts. I did hear it for the 2nd goal and also noticed the announcer did the name call for the goal scorer ("Goal scorer Patrick...."; the crowd yells "Mullins!"). I hope they keep that part of it going for future games.

Listen we are dealing with a service industry, it is never going to be perfect. Definitely some improvements needed but that happens everywhere. they won, the crowd was great, the city was rocking. I was at 2009 yanks vs twins when Tex hit the 13 th inning walk off and this rivaled that atmosphere.

I got out of it what I put into it.

Gentleman and scholar. Would love to meet you, Paul. I know we've been in the same room a couple of times already.

I think what the club is trying to do is great. They want the players to be far more accessible than in other major league sports. Sounds like they missed the mark a little bit on the meet and greet but that the opportunity was there at all is great.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
Listen we are dealing with a service industry, it is never going to be perfect. Definitely some improvements needed but that happens everywhere. they won, the crowd was great, the city was rocking. I was at 2009 yanks vs twins when Tex hit the 13 th inning walk off and this rivaled that atmosphere.

I was at the game too. It got electric. A-Rod with the game tying 2 run home run in the bottom on the ninth and then Tex with the walk off in the 11th inning. The only better atmosphere for a Yankee game was during the 2012 run when Raul Ibanez had two game tying and one game winning home run during the span of four games between the ALDS and ALDS. I was there for those game. The place went wild.

Reminds me of the pics of the wrinkled tees in the locker room. For all of CFG's money we're constantly reminded about, you'd think shit like that wouldn't happen.
Me and a bunch of buddies plan on going to Bronx Ale House before heading back down to the stadium. I haven't been there so I can't speak on it personally but it looks like a cool spot.

How was the Bronx Ale House?