Yaya Toure to set to come to NYCFC?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't get the Yaya hate. He's an incredible player. He glides across the pitch, great distributor, has a knack for scoring jaw dropping goals and I believe he would run rampant here.
At the end of the day I don't think it's happening.

I don't get the Yaya hate. He's an incredible player. He glides across the pitch, great distributor, has a knack for scoring jaw dropping goals and I believe he would run rampant here.
Did you see the City game yesterday? He was walking the whole fucking game he'd get destroyed here.

By the time he gets here he'll be 35. I don't need to know anything else.

he would run rampant here.

That's the problem. He hardly runs much as is, so rampant isn't a realistic notion. Lazy gets killed in MLS. Of course he's extremely talented, but I'd prefer less talented box to box guys that will bust their ass for this team. I'd take another Ring before Yaya...preferably one that can score some goals though.

I love Yaya but I don't know whether he'd be "into the project" and I'd expect him to decline really rapidly with age if he hasn't already.

I completely agree with you there. I'm not making the case for bringing him in, I don't think he fits at all.
He could be serviceable at the Iraola/ring defensive midfielder position. But he certainly wouldn’t have the tackling chops like ring.

If we have an open dp slot next summer, I would not be too against bringing in here for the rest of the season. He can probably be dangerous enough to bring in. We better not sign him to a multi year deal.

That being said, we better not have an open dp slot next summer, unless the league adds one.

He could be serviceable at the Iraola/ring defensive midfielder position. But he certainly wouldn’t have the tackling chops like ring.
Fuck that.

The more I see this thread bumped, the more I think about Lampard having the fucking nerve to be complicit in a lie and then take a month long honeymoon before joining.

Fuck that guy.