Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Feb 15, 2015
Sea Cliff NY
With giddiness still in our hearts,
Playoffs in our view,
A present bursting with possibility,
And a bright future where we will all be wearing shades,

Let's consider our 2016 lineup and make some predictions.

---------------Villa---------------------
-------------------------Poku-----------
---Mix------Lampard------Calle-----
----------------Pirlo--------------------
???------Facey----Mena-----Iraola--
--------------Saunders-----------------

Bench: TMac, Mullins, Shelton, AJ

Is there any reason we couldn't win the east with a full year of this? Someone, please tell me who challenges us.

Points of comparison:
Dallas is currently on pace for 62 points.
DC is on pace for 56.

Playoffs in our view,

Is there any reason we couldn't win the east with a full year of this? Someone, please tell me who challenges us.

Points of comparison:
DC is on pace for 56.
A couple of items:

Mix on the left and Calle on the right? I would think they would be on opposite sides here.
Aren't both Facey and Calle here on loan? I know there has been discussion here that Facey may stay, but do we think Calle will as well?

Playoffs in our view,

Points of comparison:
DC is on pace for 56.

I know the chances are extremely low but it would be amazing to have Angelino around for another season. Such a fun player to watch, it will be sad to see him go.

Reactions: FootyLovin
A couple of items:

Mix on the left and Calle on the right? I would think they would be on opposite sides here.
Aren't both Facey and Calle here on loan? I know there has been discussion here that Facey may stay, but do we think Calle will as well?

I think we have a $1 Million buy out clause on the Calle loan. Up until last weekend it didn't seem he would do enough to justify spending that kind of money to keep him around but if he finishes the season strong it could be a possibility.

I'm guessing not, but is there a resource available that tells us how long MLS player's contracts are for? This will be helpful. To come up with a 2016, lineup, we first need to know who's under contract already.

Mix on the left and Calle on the right?
This is why you shouldn't post while giddy. Good catch.
it would be amazing to have Angelino around for another season
I think we all agree with this but I consider it an almost zero possibility.
we have a $1 Million buy out clause on the Calle loan
Right again. And agree with your assessment. Though I don't think he justifies that if you consider what else we might be able to get for $1M on the open market.
Aren't both Facey and Calle here on loan?
Enough signs have pointed to (a) Facey loving his time here and (b) being too small (size and talent) to jump to Europe at this stage that I think it is reasonable to pencil him in for us.

So here's pass #2.

---Mix------Lampard------TMac-----
Brovsky---Facey---Mena---Iraola--

Subs: Shelton (speed), Mullins (aggression), AJ (defense)

I placed a name at every position to emphasize where we would need potential upgrades. Clearly LB would be our weakest position. The need for upgrade at RM would depend on how well TMac plays the rest of the season. But I think it pretty reasonable that through loan or purchase CFG could manage a pretty quality upgrade if we only needed one or two positions.

I'm hoping we get a new starting striker to compliment Villa, a CM to replace Lampard or augment AJ and get a whole new starting defense. Facey & Angelino will be gone and Hernandez will be another year closer to retirement. Maybe Iraola can stay in there at RB.

Reactions: FootyLovin
I think this thread is in fact too early. ;)

Regardless, I hope that we are able to extend the loans of Facey and Angelino through the upcoming season. It would make more sense for Man City to let the play first team football over here than sit on a bench or be loaned out to some crappy 3rd tier English team.

----------------Villa------NEW ST
--------------------Lampard
---------------Mix------------Poku
----Calle-------------Pirlo-------------Iraola
----------------Facey------Mena
---------------------Saunders

Reactions: gbservis
I think this thread is in fact too early. ;)

Regardless, I hope that we are able to extend the loans of Facey and Angelino through the upcoming season. It would make more sense for Man City to let the play first team football over here than sit on a bench or be loaned out to some crappy 3rd tier English team.
I agree on Facey, I think everyone would be best served if he stays here.
Angelino on the other hand will get a loan to a top European league next season; La Liga, Premier League, Ligue 1 or the Eredivisie I would imagine.

I agree on Facey, I think everyone would be best served if he stays here.
Angelino on the other hand will get a loan to a top European league next season; La Liga, Premier League, Ligue 1 or the Eredivisie I would imagine.
It's a shame we can't keep Angelino for a bit longer. He's such a great player.

----------------Villa------NEW ST
--------------------Lampard
---------------Mix------------Poku
----Calle-------------Pirlo-------------Iraola
----------------Facey------Mena
---------------------Saunders
You're missing Zlatan!

Would love too get a big name Defender in the back who's under 30, But not sure it will happen cause of salary cap holding it back. I hope we are able to keep our best young talent for as long as possible would be nice, I want us to not only dominate MLS but dominate the Cups mainly the CCL when we get there soon hopefully make it club where people don't want to leave!

I think Mena and John will be the starting CBs next season. That all depends on Johns health and form and Faceys choice of either staying here or going back to Manchester. I can see us cutting a few players at the end of the year to free up some cap space.

Reactions: joe and FootyLovin
I'm hoping we get a new starting striker to compliment Villa, a CM to replace Lampard or augment AJ and get a whole new starting defense. Facey & Angelino will be gone and Hernandez will be another year closer to retirement. Maybe Iraola can stay in there at RB.

Yeah, my views are similar. I'd be expecting 2-3 players in the starting line-up next year who we haven't signed yet, especially if we're talking about our strongest XI of 2016 (i.e. allowing for summer transfers) rather than the one in use in the very first game of the season.

Yeah, my views are similar. I'd be expecting 2-3 players in the starting line-up next year who we haven't signed yet, especially if we're talking about our strongest XI of 2016 (i.e. allowing for summer transfers) rather than the one in use in the very first game of the season.
Agreed that strongest XI is more interesting speculation. Though first half of season (as we've seen this year) is pretty important too.

I think we have a $1 Million buy out clause on the Calle loan. Up until last weekend it didn't seem he would do enough to justify spending that kind of money to keep him around but if he finishes the season strong it could be a possibility.
Please let Calle go he is not worth the 1 million buy out. Money can be used for a much better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.