2015 Roster

Tom in Fairfield CT

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Jul 16, 2014
In December, Kreis and Reyna said they would end up with a roster of 24-26 players. (30 in training camp)

3GK, 6-8 D, 10 MF and 6 F

Just prior to training camp, we have:
4GK, 8 D, 7 MF, and 4 F

That is 23 players prior to training camp. As comparison Orlando has 26 (listed on the wikipedia page, can't speak to that accuracy) including their 2 DPs.

Anyone else getting antsy? Sounded like earlier in January, they were claiming that multiple announcements were imminent. Add Calle and ***** and you have 25, but I would assume at least 3 of our current roster is headed to Wilmington. Where do the other 3-5 players come from?

I read yesterday that Orlando was signing another defender and they would be at 30.

It's still early to be too worried. Also even if 3 go to Wilmington they will count as part of the potential 30 (unless new CBA changes that number).

That's a lot of goalies. And not enough midfielders.

I read yesterday that Orlando was signing another defender and they would be at 30.

It's still early to be too worried. Also even if 3 go to Wilmington they will count as part of the potential 30 (unless new CBA changes that number).

That's a lot of goalies. And not enough midfielders.
You're clearly discounting Kreis' tactical creativity.

Prepare, world, for the two goalkeeper lineup.

GK: Meara, Saunders, Fitzgerald, Rawls#
RB: Williams
CB: Hernandez, Mendoza, John+, Watson-Siriboe
LB: Brovsky, Wingert, Brandt#
MD: Jacobson, Grabavoy, (Calle), Ballouchy
AM: (Lampard), Diskerud, Velasquez, McNamara, Dunn
ST: Villa, Mullins, Shelton, Taylor+, Naglestad#

+ Injured
# USL Pro bound

I think we need 1 more right back, 1 more defensive midfielder and 1 more forward (maybe a centre back with John out).

30 is way too big for a squad. You need 23 players (at least):
2 players per outfield position: 20
3 keepers: 3
After that you can add luxury players or utility players or young players that won't see a lot of football.

We still have DP #3 to add, and the club are clearly active in trying to polish the roster off; Motta, De Rossi, Di Natale, Ngbakato, Alvarez have been linked recently.

Also, there's always the option to loan MCFC academy players if Kreis chooses to.

You're clearly discounting Kreis' tactical creativity.

Prepare, world, for the two goalkeeper lineup.
Actually...
A 3 GK lineup was done in MLS before JK, it's a screwed up image.
Good-work-Colorado.png