Houston vs San Antonio/Des Moines
LAGalaxy vs LAWolves/LAMaquina
Colorado vs ColoSprings/Arizona
Portland vs Kitsap/Sacramento
Seattle vs Wilmington/Miami
San Jose vs RSL

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Good, less A-holes to worry about as we progress.

you got us and red bulls confused, I think that's a crime punishable by life in prison. We actually probably get the cosmos, RB gets Rochester probably.

This scene describes how I feel about the Cosmos (we are m. bison)

Reactions: adam
OP is wrong according to Reddit:

• New York City FC v (Jersey Express/NY Pancyprian Freedoms/NY Cosmos)
  • Rochester Rhinos v New York Red Bulls OR New York Red Bulls v Lansdowne Bhoys

Also, doesn't this listing order mean we are hosting? Where?

Reactions: Kjbert
Thanks for making me feel good for a second. It says we would host the cosmos this time. Think we give that up again and play at Hofstra?

Reactions: Jack and Kjbert
How are the pairings set? I just surfed around and couldn't find any site that gave potential 4th round match ups.

Thanks for making me feel good for a second. It says we would host the cosmos this time. Think we give that up again and play at Hofstra?
Feel free to straighten me out, but I'm pretty sure to get a home match a team has to request them. Since it's relatively safe to say NYCFC doesn't want to be bothered opening Yankee Stadium for any Cup matches, we'll be playing on the road throughout the tournament.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Feel free to straighten me out, but I'm pretty sure to get a home match a team has to request them. Since it's relatively safe to say NYCFC doesn't want to be bothered opening Yankee Stadium for any Cup matches, we'll be playing on the road throughout the tournament.
It may be possible though, given the Yankees last home game (before they travel on the road) is the Sunday (2PM) before the game. I think that gives the stadium crew enough time to set a field up for Wednesday, makes it easier for a field set up for the Philly game the following Saturday 5/18.

Just a possible thought, although I wouldn't be surprised if the crew just didn't feel like doing any work until later in the week to only prep for the Union game.

Reactions: adam and Gene
It may be possible though, given the Yankees last home game (before they travel on the road) is the Sunday (2PM) before the game. I think that gives the stadium crew enough time to set a field up for Wednesday, makes it easier for a field set up for the Philly game the following Saturday 5/18.

Just a possible thought, although I wouldn't be surprised if the crew just didn't feel like doing any work until later in the week to only prep for the Union game.
I don't disagree with that, but my thoughts lean towards the financial aspect.

Can't see the team opening up the stadium for a tournament match that quite frankly the majority of fans just don't give a fat rats ass about. Cardboard Cosmos or not, a Wednesday night U.S. Open Cup match would draw flies. Just my two cents.

It says we are hosting. There was a plan last year to host if we got that in the draw.

Was it St. John's? I forget.

I am 100% in for a US Open game.

i think last year it said if we were to host it would of been at belson....maybe the same happens this time?

Yeah, the Yanks are gone all that week. I think we'd draw a nice crowd if it's a weeknight and not weekday at YS.

The only reason we would be hosting it is because t1he yanks are away for a week and we have a home game coming up. Aka we would be changing the field over anyway and it in no way alters our schedule.

That said I'm betting it's like 20k people max. MAX.

Yeah, the Yanks are gone all that week. I think we'd draw a nice crowd if it's a weeknight and not weekday at YS.
I think we'd get 15k+ for the game and likely 20k, especially if it's the Kosmos. Who wouldn't want an excuse to see live soccer and drink beer after work on a Wednesday?!?

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I think we'd get 15k+ for the game and likely 20k, especially if it's the Kosmos. Who wouldn't want an excuse to see live soccer and drink beer after work on a Wednesday?!?

maybe well the how many cosmos fan actually live in the city....if we host in yankee stadium.