2018 Season Ticket Thread

so unless im reading this wrong mine stayed exactly the same as this year but is down 8 dollars from 2016

B0JWQ4d.png

2016 playoff tickets show up in my 2016 city membership just fyi

in 214A

2018 420.50 a ticket
2017 403.50 a ticket
2016 383.50 a ticket

Section 224, row 19, founding member:
2017: $32.74 per seat per game
2018: $34.74 per seat per game

Posted this image in my original post but here it too. 2018 pricing.
2000x2588_stadiummap2018-2.jpeg
What this shows is that they're really sticking it to the late arrivers - non founding members have slightly more than double the increase and I'd assume the single-game tickets will be even more. They're going with the stick rather than the carrot to increase STH sales/decrease desertions.

Going into the fourth season, and not having a real home ground, they should be offering better perks/swag than their $24 delivery box with $1 junk inside.

Reactions: SanBartG
What this shows is that they're really sticking it to the late arrivers - non founding members have slightly more than double the increase and I'd assume the single-game tickets will be even more. They're going with the stick rather than the carrot to increase STH sales/decrease desertions.

Going into the fourth season, and not having a real home ground, they should be offering better perks/swag than their $24 delivery box with $1 junk inside.

Punishing someone that joined in year 2 or 3 as opposed to year one is ridiculous. I'm all for giving the founding members a little extra love but asking everyone else to subsidize the tickets is absurd.

Am I less of a fan cause I didn't join in Year 1? How many founding members have dropped off after the first year when people like me are renewing?

Reactions: adam
New for 2018
Legends Suite Pass:
Category 1 & 2 Members can purchase a season-long pass to gain access to the Legends Suite, inclusive of food & non-alcoholic beverages, and 1 parking pass (minimum of 2 Memberships). City Members in other seating categories can upgrade to Category 1 or 2 and add the season-long pass. For more information, please call 855.77.NYCFC.

I highly, highly recommend this for people in Categories 1 & 2. Depending on the price, and how much you usually spend on food and drink on game days, this gets you free food (carving station, pasta station, salad bar, shellfish bar, glatt kosher section, and desert bar) and non-alcoholic drinks (you will love the free water bottles during the summer) throughout the game.

My math comes out very different. Here is my count:
Founders
There are 13 seat catgories:
10 go up
2 stay the same
1 category goes down
total net increase across all categories $34
$20 of that is is in Pitchside A and B (up $10 each)
Regular Members
7 go up
3 stay the same
3 go down
total net increase across all categories $27

Simple cumulative per ticket discount for Founders
2016 $103
2017 $105
2018 $98
The only category where non-Founders have a higher increase this year is Champions, $3 per ticket instead of $2, or 50% higher.

Reactions: LostAnvil
By the way, where is this info coming from. Did an email go out. I haven't gotten it yet.

Emails are going out around tomorrow. All this info is from nycfc.com/renewal

Apparently, physical letters are being mail too.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski
My math comes out very different. Here is my count:
Founders
There are 13 seat catgories:
10 go up
2 stay the same
1 category goes down
total net increase across all categories $34
Regular Members
7 go up
3 stay the same
3 go down
total net increase across all categories $27

Simple cumulative per ticket discount for Founders
2016 $103
2017 $105
2018 $98
The only category where non-Founders have a higher increase this year is Champions, $3 per ticket instead of $2, or 50% higher.
Well then that's even worse, because the Founding Members should always come out ahead of regular STH.

More fascinating tidbits:
  • Reduced Seating Inventory: Designed to enhance the Matchday experience.
And from the FAQs:
"Can I choose to have my season tickets on generic ticket stock for 2018?
If you would like your season tickets printed on generic ticket stock instead of Seasoncards please follow the steps below.

Please note, by choosing generic ticket stock you will no longer receive in-stadium discounts and some other benefits."

More fascinating tidbits:
  • Reduced Seating Inventory: Designed to enhance the Matchday experience.

They are no longer selling tickets behind home plate on the first tier of the stadium. They've been going back and forth with opening and closing these sections. It honestly doesn't make sense even for big games since the view is terrible and it's behind the home plate net.

They should put some custom NYCFC tarps over them.

They are no longer selling tickets behind home plate on the first tier of the stadium. They've been going back and forth with opening and closing these sections. It honestly doesn't make sense even for big games since the view is terrible and it's behind the home plate net.

They should put some custom NYCFC tarps over them.
So this consists of just continuing to do what they mostly but not always have already been doing this season?

So this consists of just continuing to do what they mostly but not always have already been doing this season?

Closed in 2015. Open in 2016 and 2017. Closed once again in 2018.

So the map looks exactly like what it did in 2015, except for Pitchside.

Reactions: mgarbowski