2018 Season Ticket Thread

I was going to post this a while back, but for some reason refrained, but here we go.

I was unable to attend our game against TFC and put my tickets on stubhub.

They sold, and I received the email that states:
"Congratulations, you've sold your tickets!
  • Transfer your seats from your team or venue account now
  • Buyer information to complete the transfer is below the sale info summary.
  • We'll process your payment after you enter the buyer's email address on stubhub.com to confirm the ticket transfer. If the team or event uses URL mobile transfer, copy and paste the URL link generated during the transfer process instead.
Click “Confirm Delivery” to complete the process"

So, this being my first time selling on stubhub in this manner, I read the above, and I go into Stubhub and enter the buyer's email address and clicked "Confirm Delivery". I thought I did everything I was supposed to. But, not really thinking it through myself, I forgot the part where I have to log on to my account and do the actual transfer.

So I got the notice from Stubhub that the buyer didn't get their ticket and I was being charged the fee. While realizing my error, I decided I would go ahead and play dumb, and call Stubhub and yell at them. After the agent "made me realize my error", I harped on the lack of detail in their email and that it really isn't clear what the next steps are to complete the transfer. And this is the issue having to go through Stubhub and Ticketmaster.

I went on and on about this and how this is incredibly stupid, it's 2018, there has to be a better way to work through transferring tickets and asked if they were doing something about this.

The Stubhub agent then said, (paraphrasing), "well, we are just about to roll out new functionality that allows you to store a screenshot of the QR code for entry". So I respond "Really? That's great news! This will be a lot easier now, when are you planning on rolling this out?". Her response, "This is going live on June 26th". I look at my calendar and it's June 25th. This has not come out yet.

tl;dr - this functionality is supposedly coming, but it's not clear, nor do I have much confidence on when this might occur
I think you can do the screenshots now. Just an fyi. I ran into something about it on the help section.

I actually did end up getting paid. It did involve me violating the Stubhub TOS apparently and effectively selling our "hottest ticket" of the year for $11 each after fees. Woohoo.

But at least I managed to avoid both losing my tickets and having to pay for them again. This whole thing is painful.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
After I drop my ST (not worth the cost I pay, honestly, even regular TM tickets are cheaper than what I pay. They're 40/match, and I pay 50, wtf?), will there be someone coming to me every match like "hiiii we hope you come back"?

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and adam
FWIW -- I believe STH renewals will be sent out mid-week.

So I just sold tickets for the first time on Stubhub and holy hell that is so confusing and time consuming compared to the prior ticket exchange.

And then, even after transferring from NYCFC and going back to stubhub to “confirm delivery” - the sale still doesn’t show as completed, so I’m wondering if stubhub got the buyers email to confirm the sale.

This is ridiculous that we have to jump through these hoops to sell extra tickets. Now I understand all the complaining on this thread and it is completely justified.

This Stubhub policy is ridiculous and out of all my season tickets I sell, this is easily the worst process. MLB and now the NFL do seamless barcode transfers where you just enter the barcode numbers and Stubhub takes care of delivery, and removes it off your account. It’s brilliant.

The NBA and NHL are going to move away from print at home PDFs so if I use Stubhub I’ll have to go through the same bullshit I do for this. But they can also sell through Ticketmaster so that becomes a little easier. If NYCFC/MLS smartens up and does the same as the MLB/NFL I’ll be happy. This process sucks.

Reactions: adam