2018 Season Ticket Thread

Wouldn’t it be awesome if this were all a big joke we had been playing on you? Like we were all in on it, but you, and Stubhub was actually the most user friendly ticket exchange ever conceived by mankind?

We’d all like that.

You want it to be one way...

Oh I get it -- the crazy part is that Stubhub is so easy to use for every other team I've ever bought tickets for. For the life of me I can't figure out why this organization thinks this system is acceptable. It's not. I got Yankees tickets on Stubhub earlier this season, and it was easy as could be. I bought the tickets, they went into my Stubhub app mobile ticketing page, and I was in the ballpark. This system is preposterously confusing. It's not good for anyone.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and adam
Oh I get it -- the crazy part is that Stubhub is so easy to use for every other team I've ever bought tickets for. For the life of me I can't figure out why this organization thinks this system is acceptable. It's not. I got Yankees tickets on Stubhub earlier this season, and it was easy as could be. I bought the tickets, they went into my Stubhub app mobile ticketing page, and I was in the ballpark. This system is preposterously confusing. It's not good for anyone.
They know it isn’t.

There is a massive disconnect between what fan services thinks is acceptable behavior to your (their) fans and what the corp daddy says they have to shove down our throats.

Reactions: NYCFC_JD and adam
This Stubhub arrangement is CONFUSING.

On Wednesday I bought tickets for tomorrow's game on Stubhub. They still hadn't been transferred tonight, so I called Stubhub and they were very helpful, quickly got me replacement tickets that were better seats at a higher price without charging me extra -- they were great. The new tickets were transferred to me about an hour later -- and trying to figure out how to actually get to my tickets on my phone was VERY confusing. I went to my Stubhub account, they weren't there. I went to my regular ticketmaster account, they weren't there. I then logged into NYCFC's ticket portal on their mobile app -- and that's where they were.

Whoever decided this was the best way to do things is absolutely nuts. This is madness, and a ton of work for me to buy tickets on Stubhub. Just completely ridiculous. The club needs to do better than this.

I like to think I'm computer literate, and it took me time to figure out how to use these tickets. You guys have complained that this is an awful system for sellers. It's pretty terrible for buyers, too.

One more thing: I knew what to expect because I had read this thread, but the idea that you get an email from Ticketmaster after buying tickets through Stubhub is insanity. Had I not known any better, I could have very easily gotten confused.

And you have the option to buy direct from the club through Ticketmaster and avoid all that junk. So why would buyers choose Stubhub after an experience like that? And that’s the worst part of this for STHs.

And you have the option to buy direct from the club through Ticketmaster and avoid all that junk. So why would buyers choose Stubhub after an experience like that? And that’s the worst part of this for STHs.

You're 100% right. There's another game I'm going to attend in September, and I'm not sure I want to go through this process again. I'll probably just buy the tickets through Ticketmaster. I'm really not a fan of buying tickets to an event, then having to rely on someone else to actually email me those tickets.

Simple. By having people buy direct from the club on Ticketmaster instead of from STHs on the secondary market. Therefore, selling more tickets instead of having the tickets they’ve already sold re-traded.

Right but here's the thing. I wasn't told before buying the tickets how confusing it would be. So maybe the second time you buy tickets you use Ticketmaster, but the first time you're just annoyed by the confusing nature of everything.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Right but here's the thing. I wasn't told before buying the tickets how confusing it would be. So maybe the second time you buy tickets you use Ticketmaster, but the first time you're just annoyed by the confusing nature of everything.

I actually sold my tickets in the first few weeks. Haven’t got a hit since. It’s working.

My tickets, front row aisle below face, have not sold for the derby yet. Pretty sure demand is dead.

Damn, I remember when I sold the derby tickets for like 2x face a few years ago (I also have front row seats). Now you can’t dump them for even below face. A reckoning is coming next season - and if the club takes a downward turn as well, look out.

Reactions: Rimil and adam
My tickets, front row aisle below face, have not sold for the derby yet. Pretty sure demand is dead.

Yup. And it’s a World Cup year. The club killed its golden goose (its STH base). Whomever did this should be canned ASAP.

Reactions: Rimil and NYCFC_JD
Oh and if you have not sold by this AM, might as well de-list. Unless you plan to be by a PC all day to complete the transfer.

Sold mine about 5 days back for a few bucks below face value.

I'm thinking I'll probably drop to a single ticket for next season.

There's usually half a dozen games I can't attend so I can combine them to make a pair. That takes care of 12 home matches. The other 5 I can either go solo or pick up an extra seat.

Reactions: Shwafta and adam
Simple. By having people buy direct from the club on Ticketmaster instead of from STHs on the secondary market. Therefore, selling more tickets instead of having the tickets they’ve already sold re-traded.
Yup. Penny wise and pound foolish. Their plan is pretty smart, until half of STH cancel their plans this off season.

Sold mine about 5 days back for a few bucks below face value.

I'm thinking I'll probably drop to a single ticket for next season.

There's usually half a dozen games I can't attend so I can combine them to make a pair. That takes care of 12 home matches. The other 5 I can either go solo or pick up an extra seat.
Just be mindful that if you want to do the trade-in and you have a front-row seat, you will almost 99% be moved back a few rows.

Oh and if you have not sold by this AM, might as well de-list. Unless you plan to be by a PC all day to complete the transfer.
I just finally sold mine, thankfully I happened to check my email before I'll be away all day. I forgot about this rule, and confirmed it on my phone with success. Maybe they at least resolved the must be on pc requirement.

Reactions: adam
I just bought 3 tix for tonight thru stub hub. Section 234.