2020 Concacaf Champions League

Numerous fouls and players surrounding the ref. Culminating in Atuesta getting fouled while taking a shot in the box but it’s missed, then when he’s getting up, unclear what happened to me but he and Memo Ochoa come together, and Atuesta gets red carded. Gets more physical between the two sides’ coaching staffs on the way to the locker room. Then Vela comes out and bangs two goals in within a minute of the second half starting
hot damn that's spicy

Reactions: danger
Was hoping for an LAFC v Olimpia final, but hoping LAFC punish Tigres and get revenge for us and all of MLS vs Liga MX sides and a big FU to CONCACAF refs...

This tournament is such a joke. It's run horribly, there's very little prize money, and it tends to screw up the teams that participate. I honestly think CCL isn't worth the trouble. If we get in, great. Fun to face teams from Mexico and see how good we really are. But I care about it a fraction of the amount I care about MLS games. There needs to be a better way.

This tournament is such a joke. It's run horribly, there's very little prize money, and it tends to screw up the teams that participate. I honestly think CCL isn't worth the trouble. If we get in, great. Fun to face teams from Mexico and see how good we really are. But I care about it a fraction of the amount I care about MLS games. There needs to be a better way.

They are trying to create a new image for CCL. But until they can provide a higher standard of refereeing, require VAR, and generally, just make it more worthwhile as an international competition, it won't be seen as anything more than a half ass tournament trying to be like UEFA.

I think CCL could become something special but only if concacaf gets their shit together. I care about it if we're in it, but not as much if we aren't.

I'd rather win MLS CUP, USOC, and/or supporter's shield.

Reactions: ZYanksRule

CONCACAF leadership is short-sighted. They don't want to invest in a tournament that "only" benefits MLS and LigaMX teams, seemingly not realizing that if they promoted it properly they could be sitting on a bigger revenue generator. Instead, I'm sure MLS and LigaMX will push to shorten and de-emphasize CCL even more in the future in favor of the Leagues Cup.

Reactions: adam and mgarbowski
After an MLS/LigaMX merger, I can see a future where CONCACAF League consists of teams from non-merger leagues like CPL, USL, Central America, and the Caribbean.

Then the CONCACAF League winner faces the LigaNA Cup winner in the CONCACAF Champions Cup. A one-game CCL.

EDIT: Or North and Central America join up with CONMEBOL and the Caribbean Football Union is on their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
funny that losing to an MLS side is so embarrassing enough to get sacked. lol.

I mean, I doubt that's the reason he got sacked.
America was 3rd in the Apetura and then got upset in the playoff. Then lost to an MLS team when up a goal and a man. Plus, Herrera started a physical altercation with an opposing coach, was red carded, and then violated the rules by communicating with his team in the second half.

Now, I don’t know which of those things are more likely to get you fired at that Club, but one of them has to be.

LAFC hoped to appeal Atuesta's red card suspension for the CCL final. "However, it is unclear if Concacaf have a formal appeal process for the continental tournament, making the process more complicated."

I didn't think I could think less of CONCACAF

This thing is presumably a professional soccer competition? I've seen high school sports managed better than this. I hope NYCFC never has to take part again. It's more of a pain than it's worth.

Reactions: mgarbowski
America was 3rd in the Apetura and then got upset in the playoff. Then lost to an MLS team when up a goal and a man. Plus, Herrera started a physical altercation with an opposing coach, was red carded, and then violated the rules by communicating with his team in the second half.

Now, I don’t know which of those things are more likely to get you fired at that Club, but one of them has to be.
I mean, that's probably the reason why he got sacked