2020 Roster Discussion

Another signing with braces

giphy.gif

At 5'8" let's hope for another Torreira. BTW this signing indicates at least 3 things:

1. Juan Pablo Torres is crap.
2. Sands is probably leaving soon.
3. Parks will have to fight for playing time.

At 5'8" let's hope for another Torreira. BTW this signing indicates at least 3 things:

I don't think it indicates #2. We have now 8 midfielders - that's a normal amount. If 1 is true, then it's really more like 7... which is two full rotations of midfields +1 assuming a 4-3-3 formation. Taking into account injuries, cup, ccl, I think it's meant for competition and depth as much as it could mean #2. Of course, we won't find out until it happens

Reactions: gbservis

I kinda feel bad for torres. he left europe and was a good player for the youth national team.. and now he's not even making our bench. yea, we have great players, but for him to not ever feature is sad. but hey thems the breaks.

sands is definitely leaving soon. and that's ok with me as sad as i am to see him go.

parks hasn't shown he deserves more playing time than he's been getting to be honest. :(

I kinda feel bad for torres. he left europe and was a good player for the youth national team.. and now he's not even making our bench. yea, we have great players, but for him to not ever feature is sad. but hey thems the breaks.

sands is definitely leaving soon. and that's ok with me as sad as i am to see him go.

parks hasn't shown he deserves more playing time than he's been getting to be honest. :(

still early, though im sure many MLS reddit users will be shitting on us for getting him. "going from benfica B to nycfc bench"

Reactions: Kjbert
Unsubstantiated rumor on twitter that it was 3mil for Acevedo.

yes very believable, Liverpool ( Uruguay) is not one of the big teams from uruguay like penarol and nacional so they will sell very low fee. i think there was a tweet saying they sold like three players for total of like 11M. considering the general good quality of uruguay players its why so many european teams go there to buy for low price.

yes very believable, Liverpool ( Uruguay) is not one of the big teams from uruguay like penarol and nacional so they will sell very low fee. i think there was a tweet saying they sold like three players for total of like 11M. considering the general good quality of uruguay players its why so many european teams go there to buy for low price.

Shame a certain Romanian wasn't as cheap coming from a small no name club .

Reactions: Yankeedom
From what we know of this guy, is he a depth signing for us, or do we think he's an impact player in MLS? And if he is, he slots in next to Ring at the base of a 4-2-3-1?

From what we know of this guy, is he a depth signing for us, or do we think he's an impact player in MLS? And if he is, he slots in next to Ring at the base of a 4-2-3-1?

seeing how parks is doing and sands potentially sold ....hes gonna start.

Reactions: Kjbert

I expect starting quality based on his standing with the Uruguay national team and the fact that Club America considered signing him recently.