Medina $871,000 ($200,000 as YDP)
Rocha $72,000
JPT $85,000
Miller $124,000
Mata $420,000
Sweat $200,000
Stuver $100,000
Barazza $56,000
I'd like to see Barazza get playing time first, as I think he can be a decent backup to Johnson and take over the reigns in 2 years if everything goes well. I'm okay with keeping Stuver as a 3rd string keeper, though I also don't mind drafting another one. What about that other kid we loaned out? Is he actually loaned out or was he transferred to Louisville (or wherever)???

Upgrade LB position. Rocha was fine in his role and at that price. Get rid of JPT as he did essentially nothing but play on the turf at St. Johns. Get rid of Medina and Miller.

GMS- Give him a preseason and half season, if he's still shit send him back to Scotland in the summer for the start of their season.

For all those guys who are $100,000 or less, do you really think we need to upgrade them? Every team needs guys in that salary range who aren't relied on for more than a dozen good shifts a year, and I think several of those guys have shown they can provide that.

I used to feel that way. But with the additional cap space and GAM for CCL, maybe we don't carry those type of player on the roster anymore? We're going to rotate a WHOLE LOT MORE in 2020 with CCL, USOC, condensed season, INT commitments, and injuries. We need guys who can not just fill in, but help us in win, because EVERYONE in the 23 will be playing a lot next year. Writing this all down, I sure hope it's a Citi/YS split, or scheduling problems can get even worse.

GMS isn't going anywhere. The club spent too much time getting him. He hasn't been around long enough to make an impact. Who knows? Now that temps are 50s/60s he'll become super Scotsman and become a hero.

That's what I said. Hopefully he has a stellar playoffs if we're at home and the weather fits his element innit.

Reactions: Kjbert
I used to feel that way. But with the additional cap space and GAM for CCL, maybe we don't carry those type of player on the roster anymore? We're going to rotate a WHOLE LOT MORE in 2020 with CCL, USOC, condensed season, INT commitments, and injuries. We need guys who can not just fill in, but help us in win, because EVERYONE in the 23 will be playing a lot next year. Writing this all down, I sure hope it's a Citi/YS split, or scheduling problems can get even worse.
Haak and Scally should have bigger roles, as well as an additional youngling or two. Start breeding the kids in international play. I'm always down for feeding them to the fire and seeing how they perform.

I'd like to see Barazza get playing time first, as I think he can be a decent backup to Johnson and take over the reigns in 2 years if everything goes well. I'm okay with keeping Stuver as a 3rd string keeper, though I also don't mind drafting another one. What about that other kid we loaned out? Is he actually loaned out or was he transferred to Louisville (or wherever)???

Upgrade LB position. Rocha was fine in his role and at that price. Get rid of JPT as he did essentially nothing but play on the turf at St. Johns. Get rid of Medina and Miller.

GMS- Give him a preseason and half season, if he's still shit send him back to Scotland in the summer for the start of their season.

Caldwell and Mohammed are on loaned out at Memphis i think both are starters. i think maaaybe Stuver gets let go or something. He did ok for sure when called upon, but at some point these kids gotta play in GK. one pet peeve i have about Stuver though is when on one on ones or facing the shot he like freezes his body like he doesnt extend his arms or dive for a save and has i think couple times caused him to concecde the goal.

I'm going to follow up with the salaries of the players I propose upgrading:

GMS $550,000
Rocha $72,000
JPT $85,000
Miller $124,000
Mata $420,000
Sweat $200,000
Stuver $100,000
Barazza $56,000
You missed Ofori 400k he is awful waste of money

GMS $550,000
Rocha $72,000
JPT $85,000
Miller $124,000
Mata $420,000
Sweat $200,000
Stuver $100,000
Barazza $56,000

I think the fact that Medina's the only one of these guys we could all agree isn't earning his paycheck is pretty damn impressive. How many MLS rosters have ever been this well built?

I still think there is more to come from GMS - he has had a couple of little flashes and assists, but most of his performances seem to be about fitting in to the style of play and helping out the team. He is historically more known for being a one-on-one attacker, running at players and getting past them with tricks and flicks (like Isi did when he replaced him in the last game) but we haven't really seen that yet.

Also, FWIW, I think he has always dazzled on the left and been reasonable on the right. Last home game where he played on the left wing, he did really well - linking up and getting crosses in.

One thing I noticed - and this could be down to him still settling in with the team - is that he doesn't seem to get a lot of passes from his team mates. I would see him making runs in space on the wing, or pointing, or going for the overlap, and the ball never went to him.

At United he would either showboat, or disappear from the game after a hefty tackle and I noticed that in his second (?) appearance, he got totally clattered right after coming on and barely touched the ball after that.

So, yeah, there's still a period of adjustment to come, he is effectively coming to the end of a season and a half of football, and he really needs more time on the left, but hoping next season we see a more effective Gaz.

Why on earth should the club try to ”upgrade” on a third choice goalie, a youngster who’s considered a special talent, and costs peanuts in wages? And how do you upgrade on that?

I was thinking either or. But I don’t feel comfortable starting either of them in a cup match or when Johnson gets called up. So one of them has to go, Stuver for $100k isn’t so bad either as a 3rd (at least we know he can be competent). Maybe Barraza goes to USL to cut his teeth.

Thinking the same for Mata/Sweat. Keep one, but upgrade the other so we have a clear cut starter at the position.

Reactions: Annagram

GMS $550,000
Rocha $72,000
JPT $85,000
Miller $124,000
Mata $420,000
Sweat $200,000
Stuver $100,000
Barazza $56,000
For $72k, Rocha has proven to be dependable as a DMid. You won’t get better value than that for a guy you can drop in between the other two starters and ballhawk while not being a loose cannon.

For $72k, Rocha has proven to be dependable as a DMid. You won’t get better value than that for a guy you can drop in between the other two starters and ballhawk while not being a loose cannon.

Agreed. Why I made my Swiss Army knife comment to keep him in the post before. Still had him as possible upgrade, because if we’re limited to 23 players with a surplus of salary cap space, he can be a casualty.

I think if NYCFC hosts MLS Cup, the league is going to step in and make college football an offer they can’t refuse. MLS, not CFG, runs all the logistics for MLS Cup. They will step up.

giphy.gif