2021 Leagues Cup

they have in a way. there are a lot more tactical views during a game now than there have been in the past. it's like the club is saying "yes the camera angle sucks, but LOOK our field really isn't that small"

The club doesn't control how YES films the game; the people that work on the games are YES employees not NYCFC employees. I think it's Yankee Stadium that hasn't allowed YES to put cameras in the 300 level, for whatever reason.

If the Club really cared about the camera placement, I am sure they could prevail upon YES and the stadium to get something done.

Yankee Stadium is notoriously hard to deal with. It's not just fans they're obnoxious to, it's everyone.

Two more leagues cup showcases today. I watched the highlights, the games look like they'll be tremendous fun. I can't wait for next year's tournament! It's a money grab, but it'll be a really fun money grab.

Reactions: moogoo
Two more leagues cup showcases today. I watched the highlights, the games look like they'll be tremendous fun. I can't wait for next year's tournament! It's a money grab, but it'll be a really fun money grab.

I'm super excited too. month long tournament and no league games. it's like a mini world cup for MLS and LigaMX. Gonna be fun and since no league games and a chance at an international trophy, hopefully teams will take it seriously. of course, if you go deep then you're playing extra games and could effect league play. all the more reason to get deeper squads

Reactions: Shwafta
I'm super excited too. month long tournament and no league games. it's like a mini world cup for MLS and LigaMX. Gonna be fun and since no league games and a chance at an international trophy, hopefully teams will take it seriously. of course, if you go deep then you're playing extra games and could effect league play. all the more reason to get deeper squads
The only worry I have is that teams that don't make it far won't play games for like, half a month or more.

I think they should experiment with a Loser Bracket for this reason. It wouldn't change the max number of games played by a team and would allow for every team to get at least two games in.