2021 Leagues Cup

CCL exists. this is only between two leagues so it cant be like the libertadores.
Eh. I think this is going to be a big tournament. Every team in Liga MX + MLS. That's a lot of really good teams going up against each other every year.

I think the quality of this tournament, both TV-coverage-wise and player-quality-wise, will be a lot better than CCL. Give it a few years.

Eh. I think this is going to be a big tournament. Every team in Liga MX + MLS. That's a lot of really good teams going up against each other every year.

I think the quality of this tournament, both TV-coverage-wise and player-quality-wise, will be a lot better than CCL. Give it a few years.

not every team is good, i mean a Mazatlan vs SJ is not a good quality game. even chivas who is popular is not playing good and cant make up for that with only atmosphere. you qualify for CCL but by no means will it be high quality when you have EVERY team participating, and most likely liga mx teams may be still be in the tail end of preseason. even if both leagues stop play for a month.

they will hype it and im sure Apple TV will do great things marketing wise. but keep in mind not every game will be in sofi. you will have lots of games that do not have atmosphere as today.

i do like the CCL, and giving this priority is unfair to the central american teams. i do think hype for this dies after 2026.

Apparently they're going to raise the field and remove a few rows of seats so that the field is FIFA dimensions.

that sounds very expensive to do....how could owners not think about this when planning the stadium?

Because America doesn't think about soccer. Unfortunately.
Look up the main tenant of SoFi Stadium (the one that won the Super Bowl), look up the owner, look up what other teams he owns. Shortsighted indeed.

Look up the main tenant of SoFi Stadium (the one that won the Super Bowl), look up the owner, look up what other teams he owns. Shortsighted indeed.
oh shiz wait he's the guy that owns arsenal isn't he.
Whelp, idk

i respect that LAFC fans showed out. they are just as loud as the america fans.. if not louder. if this was us... i feel like there'd be very few of us. lol.

i respect that LAFC fans showed out. they are just as loud as the america fans.. if not louder. if this was us... i feel like there'd be very few of us. lol.

i agree because the game would of been in Metlife, aint no way many people go.

Reactions: moogoo
I am seeing this a alot but is it really that narrow? looks normal in those over head shots.

What is this clown on about and why are you and LionNYC LionNYC taking it seriously? Specific World Cup game assignments have not been made. These obsessed narrow field whiners are so desperate to repeat the Yankee Stadium dig that they have to make shit up about venues and events that have nothing to do with us.

What is this clown on about and why are you and LionNYC LionNYC taking it seriously? Specific World Cup game assignments have not been made. These obsessed narrow field whiners are so desperate to repeat the Yankee Stadium dig that they have to make shit up about venues and events that have nothing to do with us.
What's that phrase? "Free real estate?"

Also participated in this thread.

If you look at the end line on the pictures, you can see the gap between the penalty area and the hash line. You double that distance and add it to 66, and that's the field width. It looks 2-3 yards wide to me, which is 70-72 yards wide. That meets FIFA regulations, but perhaps understandable to have something a little wider for the World Cup.

IIRC one of the multiple CONCACAF cup finals in 2021 in which we beat Mexico was held at a stadium in Las Vegas which was reported to be the same width as Yankee Stadium and nobody cared.

i think grant Wahl even alluded to it being slightly narrower than Yankee Stadium. there was not much issue with it as you say, so im curious what caused the reaction this time?

IIRC one of the multiple CONCACAF cup finals in 2021 in which we beat Mexico was held at a stadium in Las Vegas which was reported to be the same width as Yankee Stadium and nobody cared.

exactly. there have been a handful of soccer games at allegiant stadium in vegas, which has nearly the same field dimensions as yankee stadium (all i could find with a quick search said it was 110 x 75 yds), but no one seems to ever complain about it? at least not on the same level.

probably just comes down to the shitty camera angle at YS and the infield sod that's just bad 9/10 times.

The camera angle has A LOT to do with it. I have no idea why the Club hasn't addressed that.

they have in a way. there are a lot more tactical views during a game now than there have been in the past. it's like the club is saying "yes the camera angle sucks, but LOOK our field really isn't that small"

The camera angle has A LOT to do with it. I have no idea why the Club hasn't addressed that.
They use the third baseline camera box that's setup for Yankee games. If they could just set up cameras in the 300s, it would be perfect. But that's on YES Network and Yankee Stadium. And they aren't likely to do anything about it.